May 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,940 Member
    Thanks for setting this up @Avidkeo! Looks like I am going to exceed my goal of 75 miles for April. So, I am going to set my goal at 80 miles for May. If I'm still not working, that should be doable.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Hi everyone! I haven't joined in the running challenge for at least half a year, I think. I was away from MFP for a bit, but now I'm back :-) Yesterday I finally finished the first longer-than-10km run of 2020, and I want to celebrate that by joining the May challenge!
    My goal will be 100km (with the secret hope of making it to 120km - we will see...)

WB!
  • PastorVincent
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Thanks for setting this up Kim. You need to watch that mileage increase - it’s a bit more than the recommended 10 percent. I know you’re pretty good at listening to your body, but this is a kindly reminder to remember you’re in this for the long game - getting to the start line is a challenge in itself!

I’m in for about 200km, depending on what coach says.

Yeah when I added it up, was kinda like oh geez, but will follow the plan, see how it goes, and take breaks if needed. Will see how it goes.

Well you do not want to disappoint Hal! ;)

He who must be obeyed. Unless I'm physically breaking down. Then rest breaks are necessary.

Yeah, listen to your body first, Hal second. He will get over it, eventually. :)
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Hi everyone! I haven't joined in the running challenge for at least half a year, I think. I was away from MFP for a bit, but now I'm back :-) Yesterday I finally finished the first longer-than-10km run of 2020, and I want to celebrate that by joining the May challenge!
    My goal will be 100km (with the secret hope of making it to 120km - we will see...)

Welcome back!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Welcome back @_nikkiwolf_ and @Mari33a! Good to see you both again.
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    In for 100km (again).
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,384 Member
    Thanks @avidkeo!
    I'm in again but I am not sure what my mileage will be if any. I think I will say something low for me like 30miles.
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    I did something.

I am running the full moon 50K July 18 with a friend and it is through the night, on a trail, in south Arkansas.... It will be HOT, but it's going to be so much fun. We signed up for it before my injuries started becoming really real, so I may need to just do 25K, BUT THE POINT IS

I ordered light up shoe laces. And light up/glow stick hair crap. And glitter. And glow in the dark body paint.

Because at the time, it seemed like a good idea (last night).

Have any of you done anything like this? I need some inspiration for what the heck I am doing. is this a rave or a race. At this point, it's anybody's guess.
  • PastorVincent
    I did something.

I am running the full moon 50K July 18 with a friend and it is through the night, on a trail, in south Arkansas.... It will be HOT, but it's going to be so much fun. We signed up for it before my injuries started becoming really real, so I may need to just do 25K, BUT THE POINT IS

I ordered light up shoe laces. And light up/glow stick hair crap. And glitter. And glow in the dark body paint.

Have any of you done anything like this? I need some inspiration for what the heck I am doing. is this a rave or a race. At this point, it's anybody's guess.

That. Is Awesome.

You go sparkle! Have fun!
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    I did something.

That. Is Awesome.

@PastorVincent Thank you! In a previous life, I had quite a lot of fun with glitter and clubs and raves but now I'm old and a mother so I haven't really been down this road in a while. It will interesting for sure.

Also did you know a pound of glitter is $342? Did not know that. I bought sixty grams. So like.... two ounces, lol. As I recall, a little goes a long way.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I'm in for 175 miles.
  • PastorVincent
    I did something.

That. Is Awesome.

@PastorVincent Thank you! In a previous life, I had quite a lot of fun with glitter and clubs and raves but now I'm old and a mother so I haven't really been down this road in a while. It will interesting for sure.

Also did you know a pound of glitter is $342? Did not know that. I bought sixty grams. So like.... two ounces, lol. As I recall, a little goes a long way.

I really hope you do not spill that stuff inside LOL
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,966 Member
    Welcome back @penko47, @_nikkiwolf_ and @mari33a!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    @Camaramandy648 well, that sounds crazy but fun.

@Avidkeo oh no! that looks painful, especially on the elbow. Good for you for finishing your first run in May even with the challenges.