• megan9567
    megan9567 Posts: 157 Member
    Done. I agree, it was challenging.
  • ali_kat4
    ali_kat4 Posts: 70 Member
    Phew! Great walk today. Sweat didn’t do my sunburn any favours though. Hehe
  • megan9567
    We have 45 minutes power walk today. The heat index is high in many states within US today. Please stay hydrated and wear sunblock.
    ali_kat4 wrote: »
    Phew! Great walk today. Sweat didn’t do my sunburn any favours though. Hehe

I wear sunblock, a Big hat, huge sunglasses when I am out and with all that precautions there are freckles all over my face already.
  • spygirl2014
    spygirl2014 Posts: 53 Member
    Yes, good walk. We had a cold front hit overnight in this part of Colorado that changed temps from near 90 to near 50, very windy! But did not have to fear the sun today
  • megan9567
    Done. It is almost 8 pm and the temperature is 86 degree but feels like 93. There was no way I could do 45 minutes power walk outside so I did indoor walk instead. 50 minutes in total including a 2 minutes warm up and 3 minutes cool down. 4.28 miles.
  • megan9567
    Rest day today.
  • ali_kat4
    Thank you everyone for continuing this. I haven't been able to access the message boards. I do believe i may have fixed the problem though.. i had downloaded and connected the fitness pal walking app and i think it caused issues. Now that i've disconnected it and deleted it, everything seems to be working better (still slow to open the app but at least it's not crashing and not letting me in). Anywhoooo.... i did my walk yesterday followed by a swim. Thankfully it's a rest day because i'm pooped!!!
  • megan9567
    15 minute HIIT walk today.
  • ali_kat4
    Are you guys finding it harder to do now or is it getting easier? (Referring to the jogging portion) I’m finding it depends on how I feel that day but I’m not as intimidated and looking forward to them.
  • spygirl2014
    Certainly, the 30 min HIIT Monday was a bit tough, but then 15 min today felt easy! Jogging has been tough on my knees, so I tried to power walk today. I also noticed my knees hurt only when I'm starting out, which tells me I need to warm up more. Typically, I'm doing these walks first thing in the a.m., and perhaps I need to move around more before hitting the sidewalk
  • megan9567
    ali_kat4 wrote: »
    Are you guys finding it harder to do now or is it getting easier? (Referring to the jogging portion) I’m finding it depends on how I feel that day but I’m not as intimidated and looking forward to them.

Depends on the weather, humidity and incline for me. I can’t walk or run as fast outdoor as indoor. The HIIT felt easy tonight.
  • megan9567
    30 minute Easy Walk today.
  • spygirl2014
    Done. Ready for the weekend!
  • megan9567
    Done.
  • megan9567
    Rest days this weekend. We did 120 minutes of walk based on this program last week. Next week will be 150 minutes.
  • ali_kat4
    Glad to have a rest day. Yesterday we went for an hour hike, cleaned the gardens out and went for a swim. Phew. Today is rest but I’m cleaning all day.
  • megan9567
    Today is 30 minute HIIT walk.

* Warmup (3 minutes): Walk at an easy, comfortable pace

* Interval set (5 reps):

Steady state (3 minutes): Walk briskly, enough that your breathing is elevated, but you can still talk easily.
    High-intensity (1 minute): Walk or Jog as quickly as you possibly can. At this pace your breathing should be very labored; talking is difficult.
    Recovery (1 minute): Walk at a comfortable pace, and focus on catching your breath.

* Cooldown (2 minutes): Continue to walk at an easy, comfortable pace. (Maybe add a few stretches.)
  • ali_kat4
    Today was a struggle. Didn’t go hard but did it.
  • megan9567
    It was easy for me. I think walking my dog for 30 minutes just before helped.
    I am dreading tomorrow though.