Options
    Indigo3288 wrote: »
    5’4.5”, 32 years old, female
    Highest weight: 275 (12/25/2019)
    2020 Goal Weight: 250
    Ultimate goal weight: 150
    Round 114: -2lbs
    Round 115 SW: 267.8lbs

5/27: 267.8 ~ Up .4 from yesterday, but fluctuations are normal and expected.

5/28: 267.4 ~ I’ve decided to start calculating my average weight for the last five days, to get a clearer picture of how my weight is actually trending.

5/29: 267 ~ Hit my calories yesterday, but missed my walk and was super low on protein. Definitely getting my walk in today, I just feel better when I do it! And it’s only half mile, because kids in tow, but shocking at the difference it makes in my day.

5/30: 268.8 ~ No idea what that is all about... this is why the average weight is important!

5/31:
    6/1:
    6/2:
    6/3:
    6/4
    6/5:
    In a few words: hormones and/or water retention. The past week I have gone up 2 or 3 pounds even when I was perfect the days before. In a month or two when I have enough data I'll be mapping out my weights in coordination with the cycle to see how it fluctuates to get a better feel of what my body does throughout the month. I figure this will lessen the annoyance when the scale goes up when I've been really good. I like your idea of 5 day averages as well! Anyways, enjoy your day!
  • playhardkf2017
    playhardkf2017 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    sklaw31 wrote: »
    58 yo, 5' 7" UGW: 150#

Day/Weight/Comment
    05/26 - 179 - Currently IF 16:8, plus daily logging within calorie goal. Down 7# so from my heaviest weight EVER
    05/27 - 180.2 WHAT!? Expected a little love from the scale this a.m. after a 3-mile walk over lunch and a mile later
    with the pup. Will repeat today and hope for the "whoosh" tomorrow.
    05/28 - 179.7 Same exercise routine as 5/26, but ate more. Think my metabolism sent me a message yesterday about not eating enough to balance the extra expenditure. Lessened my caloric deficit to keep that energy level higher. No whoosh, but lesson learned. .5 down works for me!
    05/29 - 178.7 Got hungry after my IF eating window had already closed. That was a first for me and it didn't last too terribly long. Is it weird that I appreciate a good hunger pang every now and then so I remember the difference between hunger and mindless eating?
    05/30 - 178.7 Deep stuffed pizza. Saved calories and 5 mile walk before dinner. Earned enough for an extra piece, but only ate half because I was full.
    05/31-178.7 It's funny. The majority of folks believe CICO is the standard for weight loss. And it makes sense. However, now that im logging daily, I am becoming a believer that the food choices for those calories still impact the speed of that loss. Normally, I dont eat much bread, certainly not two days in a row. But man, that pretzel bread cheeseburger was even more awesome than the deep dish pizza the day before! Walked 14000 steps and other activites that earned over 800 more calories yesterday, of which I ate NONE of. Weight stays the same. Today I go back to the good carbs. Cmon scales...@littlecinnamon and I need a whoosh!
    06/01
    06/02
    06/03
    06/04
    06/05

That's a really good observation you made with your diet. The CICO works but the composition of your diet affects loss as well in relation to water weight loss. I love carbs and couldn't live without them. So, I've accepted that my weight loss may be slower because I will have more water fluctuations due to the carbs I consume, but I keep up with my tracking and make sure I stay within my calorie limits for the day. It slowly comes off and I look at it as a way to help me learn how to do this for the long term and keep it off. I think slower is better for me because it engrains the habits that I can't just do a quick fix and expect it to last. When I dieted for my wedding almost 3 years ago I dropped to 117 at my lowest but couldn't sustain it due to the diet I was on at the time (Fast Metabolism Diet) because it was too involved and challenging to make work in real-life situations. CICO allows me to not feel deprived if I have the calories in the bank. So, enjoy your not so often eaten deep stuffed pizza and pretzel burger bun every now and then! Then, the next day remember not to beat yourself up when the scale doesn't budge. Everything happens in time :) (sorry if this was long-winded, I got on a roll. lol)