Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 115

Options

Replies

• quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,827 Member
    Options
    @sklaw31 & @kblanc14 I’m a bread lover too but allowing myself one bread choice each night at dinner on a 10 day cruise caused me to gain 6#! For me, as much as I used to love bread and pasta, it was much easier to stop cold turkey and lose the bloat, sore knees, etc. I know my body can’t handle them and that is why MY lunch place on Saturday would NEVER have been Olive Garden and I didn’t eat any bread or pasta there so what the heck was in the sauce on the scampi??? The places we DO eat out have low carb selections.
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,827 Member
    Options
    @aFit50 Welcome back, Reshii!
  • playhardkf2017
    playhardkf2017 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    @sklaw31 & @kblanc14 I’m a bread lover too but allowing myself one bread choice each night at dinner on a 10 day cruise caused me to gain 6#! For me, as much as I used to love bread and pasta, it was much easier to stop cold turkey and lose the bloat, sore knees, etc. I know my body can’t handle them and that is why MY lunch place on Saturday would NEVER have been Olive Garden and I didn’t eat any bread or pasta there so what the heck was in the sauce on the scampi??? The places we DO eat out have low carb selections.

It could have been a high sodium content in the shrimp scampi, especially if it was take-out. Even a pinch of salt you add to your own meals at home can have over 300 milligrams and god knows they add more than a pinch if it's made in a restaurant. It's insane how quickly sodium content can add up!