WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2020

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Allie))): Get needed rest and remind yourself that you are valuable and generous. We know how wonderful you are. ❤️❤️❤️
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,382 Member
    Options
    (((Hu))) to all. To tired tonightvfor comments.

☘️ Terri
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Hello all: DD has been working part-time for about 3 weeks now but was asked to go back to full time tomorrow as they are getting swamped in mail order. She and I were able to get the blueberry cages finished yesterday to keep the deer from eating our berries. They only need netting on top now to keep the birds out. It looks like we will get a good crop this year. Last year the deer and birds got nearly all of them hence the cages and net.

I am excited, I have an appointment to get my hair cut next Monday. I can hardly wait. Snohomish county has finally gone to Phase 2. Found out my gray hair is curly when it is not short and not attractively so.

Pip - Love the scooter. Glad all your organizing is going well.

Janetr - Sending healing angels to Jaxx.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    View from my window FB:

8azkj0nm6ylt.png

4kx59lvep9na.png

bcmdkqa025h2.png

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,720 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

Bike ride home 2 sumner station, windy- 57.12min, 13.9amph, 152mhr, 13.24mi= 569c
    apple watch- 511c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.04min, 153mhr, 9.36min mi, .52mi= 72c
    apple watch- 64c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.28min, 148mhr, 9.50min mi, .45mi= 89c
    apple watch- 83c
    Bike ride dome 2 hm, windy! - 17.46min, 8.6amph, 160mhr, 2.55mi= 209c
    apple watch- 150c

total cal 939
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Rebecca: What a wonderful message from your son. YAY!❤️❤️❤️❤️

I was sad I missed him, but he seems pretty happy all things considered.💖
    💖Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Options
    (((((((hugs Rori)))))))). *adjusting your Super hero cape* 💖
    💖Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Heather thought that was Bea on the pogo stick, she has really gotten long and lean as her sister! So cute!
    As a child we had homemade stilts! Scary but fun!
    💖Rebecca
    Yummy meal there!
  • Whidislander
    Options
    https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/s4UFtlRtTEq0BJz6PK-usg.I0dcCgxVUibu83N9etnnlg
    Athena is trying! She'll be running soon enough!💖
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Teaching JR to read got a book that interests him so using it so far the only words he has recognized 100% of the time is “Oops” because he finds it funny. 50% of the time “Down” y “ “Where’d it go?” 25% “The Ball” . Rest of the words he won’t repeat. It’s a start. Hard to get toddlers to learn words been working a long time on this let’s hope he picks it up. Working on calendar months y shapes too so far if he forgets the shape it’s automatically a triangle lol.
    Got ABCs down y 1-20. His name still hard for him he having trouble pronouncing it even tho he’s heard it since birth for SR. Still not writing his name either. Lots to learn. He recognizes more y more animal pics at least. Lion,cat,dog,bird, stuff like that. I’m determined to have him at a 3rd grade level by age 5yrs like I did his sister. I started her in school at that age in Kindergarten (turned down 3rd grade didn’t feel she could handle it emotionally even tho she could mentally so she got higher y higher homework for one class qualified quickly for high school classes in combination with regular classes even tho she was so young her first high school class was Spanish so by high school she had completed Spanish 3 already). I see JR is not as fast of a learner as she was .She could be showed once already guessed what you wanted her to do could repeat it forever. JR takes a lot more tries to get him to listen then lots of repeating trying to coax him into the right direction then he finally starts to guess answers starts improving little by little until he takes off in it. So Hubby said if need be we can start him at age 6yrs if need be to keep working on it. Starts at home then a teacher builds on it with parents help only way to go far beyond in learning. Also attempting Spanish words too so he learns shapes y years months in 2 languages. Still working on counting in Spanish. JR can count backwards from 3 to zero

Amber Tx
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Katla49
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Heather: Bea is a dynamo! I think she is more than a little like her grandmother. :flowerforyou:

Margaret: It sounds as though your son is making progress. Learning to self-monitor is a big achievement. I need to monitor food to stay healthy, and that is challenging for me. His situation is different from mine but learning to self-monitor is an important skill for all of us. :heart:

Rori: It is good to see your post! Happy 76th birthday to DH. You are very wise to look into Medicaid long term care for him. I hope the Vet’s club will eventually reopen and that he’ll be able to enjoy the company of other men with similar life experiences. :heart:

My husband and the dog are both very pleased with CBD oil to manage pain and anxiety. It is very helpful at reducing both. We are able to buy it at Safeway and Ace Hardware. We prefer the price and potency of the products sold at ACE. In our experience, CBD oil does not make people or critters high. It does reduce chronic pain & anxiety. We put a dropper of it in the dog's food. :star:

At my home, the herbs are doing well and the deer are eating my newly sprouted green beans. I’ve decided to put doggy droppings near the beans. I left a dog dropping near the first plant they munched. I need my dog to drop more so I can put them all along the bean row. Gross is in the eye of the beholder, and I’m hoping this works. If you’re a gardener and have a better idea—PLEASE SHARE it!!!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,190 Member
    Options
    How to Make Tea

This is funny and horrifying all together ... I'm not sure if the woman is really serious, or taking the mickey out of her viewers ...

Making a cup of tea is such a simple thing. But ...

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/drinks/people-outraged-by-how-to-make-hot-tea-tiktok-video/news-story/ec0ab5130918f82c7b56d87644913d65

So, keeping it lighthearted and not too judgemental :wink: ... how do you make tea? How do you like your tea?

Me ...

I boil the kettle, put the teabag into a cup or small teapot, pour the just-after-the-boil (so as not to scorch the tea) water into the cup or teapot, and let it steep.

Then I drink it out of the cup or pour from teapot to cup.

No added milk or any sort of real or fake dairy products.
    No added sugar.

I rarely drink caffeinated tea ... just about the only one is Lady Grey which is nice enough that I don't need sugar. :)

Machka in Oz
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Katla netting, a fence, chicken wire.
  • Machka9
    Options
    On a more serious note ... big virtual hugs :heart: :heart: to Rori ( @Poerava14 ), Katla ( @Katla49 ) and others who are dealing with brain injuries or spouses & family with brain injuries.

9cjb3bnnucuh.png

e9u9fuonl7lx.png

If anyone is interested, I have quite a number of links to more information about this subject.

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    Options
    Thank you, Machka. I plan to go over it in the morning when I have time to read and think.

Katla
  • Machka9
    Options
    And an ethical question ...

Low flu numbers a positive side effect of COVID-19 lockdown in Australia
    Lockdown and social distancing measures introduced to stem the spread of coronavirus may have helped suppress this year’s flu season.

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/health/low-flu-numbers-a-positive-side-effect-of-covid19-lockdown-in-australia/news-story/9926a19c4116907f51d11db1fcd17053

Since we know that the flu kills thousands of people each year, and since we know that social distancing can go a long way to help prevent the flu ... shouldn't we, therefore, social distance in every flu season? :):)

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,362 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Rebecca - Yes, they were all FAT babies, absolutely huge, but they have all slimmed down. Bea took the longest. Their level of physical activity is great and the girls are picky eaters. Max has the best appetite, eats loads, but he is skinny! I must admit I was worried when they were babies. :o:D
    Love the video of Athena. Atta gurl!
    Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,720 Member
    Options
    J