WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2020

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,063 Member
  • pipcd34
    stats of the day:

didn't ride to wrk, just because...

Bike ride home 2 dome, rain- 12.24min, 134mhr, 12.5amph, 2.58mi= forgot to put strap on
    Apple Watch- 77c
    Bike ride puy 2 sumn sta, rain- 16.07min, 13.4amph, 153mhr, 3.59mi= 200c
    apple watch- 154c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.30min, 153mhr, 9.18min mi, .59mi= 87c
    apple watch- 67c
    jog wrk 2 sta, windy- 4.21imin, 9.36min mi, 150mhr, .45mi= 103c
    apple watch- 89c
    bike ride dome 2 home, windy- 18min, 8.5amph, 155mhr, 2.56mi= 210c
    apple watch- 150c

total 677 cal
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Michele: I don’t talk to my daughter about weight, either. When I was a full time working mom with kids I was definitely chunky. I was finally able to do something about it when I discovered myfitnesspal and had the good luck of finding this group. By then my kids were grown and on their own. I didn’t lose the weight until after I retired. Now my daughter is a full time working mom and provider. She does a lot of juggling and I’m proud of her. I love her as she is. It will be a long time before she is able to retire and focus on her own health.

Katla
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,694 Member
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Rori - It's good to see you. Glad you're looking into long-term care. Your strength continues to awe me, as does Machka's.
    Machka9 wrote: »
    How to Make TeaSo, keeping it lighthearted and not too judgemental :wink: ... how do you make tea? How do you like your tea?

Machka in Oz

Apologies ahead of time to any tea drinkers in England and Ireland - I boil water in a kettle, then pour it over a teabag in a mug (Tetley here, can't get PG Tips). Everything's fine up to that point... but then I put a tablespoon of sugar-free vanilla non-dairy creamer and two Splenda in it. :hushed::smiley: Learned to drink tea with milk during the six years I lived in England (Sussex for three years and Berkshire for three years, at RAFB Lakenheath then RAFB Greenham Common, with an eight year gap in between). The ladies I worked with in the military kitchens would have been so disappointed with me!

What I found funny about the video, Machka, is that Americans are just as whack-a-doodle about coffee as our brethren and sistren from whence we came are about tea... and during the time I was there, never met a British person with a coffee pot - only instant coffee, which makes most Americans shudder. You never hear about that, though, where the hot tea thing is a recognized meme.

Heather thought that was Bea on the pogo stick, she has really gotten long and lean as her sister! So cute!
    As a child we had homemade stilts! Scary but fun!
    💖Rebecca

YES! I was trying to figure out why we never had pogo sticks as a kid (besides being poor as church mice), and the answer was that we didn't have sidewalks, as I grew up in the country. But as soon as I read this, Rebecca, I remembered the homemade stilts we played with. Thank you for that memory! My brothers made them--because of course, I was a girl, and not allowed to touch a hammer 🙄. For anyone who doesn't know what we're talking about, ours looked quite a bit like the ones in the spoiler below. Note - the kid in the picture is definitely not any kid I ever knew, as Crocs did not exist, and would have probably gotten the crap beat out of you if you wore them. Still, good childhood memories, even if no pogo sticks. :wink:
    akfmgm1guyzv.png

Later y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa

Awe, memories are awesome! We also stomped on soda cans sideways, so they stuck in our tennis shoes the circle good and bottoms on either side of our shoes. Then we'd walk around loudly! 😁
    💖Rebecca
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,650 Member
    Thank you for all the encouragement...
    Yes Barbie- im slow on the pick up sometimes..
    Today was no better ,i did write my brother a 4 page letter and sent it off,but he said when i go to take care of Faith he will be going back up north..
    He knows i am upset and he hasnt apologized..
    Right now my place looks like a bomb went off in it clothes and junk everywhere.. tomorrow i will get things together and get the place cleaned up..
    I told Sean that he and I have different genetics which is true..he is adopted
    And how I get myself into situations where i get bullied has happened all my life.. heck maybe i should be the one in therapy lol..
    I am enjoying the quiet and peace here at my condo and dont mind spending time with just Alfie and I..
    Jean asked if i would work this weekend so i will work.. and sock the money away..

I'm so sorry, Allie. I thought you were going up there for a mini-vacation, not to work. Perhaps that wasn't made clear to your brother. You are entitled to a break and relaxation now and then.

Take care.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,847 Member
    Hey all! Happy Wednesday! I am so happy for today, because today, ALL of the kids will nap/rest! lol even the newly five year old! Most days I have the five year old and one of the three year olds doing something quiet in the kitchen (where I am) while the littler ones sleep in the living room. Wednesday is my eatlunchbymyselfwithoutalittleonechatteringawayorneedinganything Day! B)>:)
    INstant coffee - Well, there has to be one in this group, and I guess it is me. I switched to instant coffee about five years ago when I decided a pot of coffee a day was too much for one person. Tried making only half a pot, but the pot, filters, and ground coffee were too convincing and I would always make more. I thought about getting a Keurig type coffee maker, but the coffee pods are SO expersive (comparatively) and having to clean little tubes and filters is a big NO for me. So instant saves the day. When I go out, or am on vacation, I, of course, seek out the yummier brewed version.
    Pogo stick/Hula hoops- I could do both passably well; but my childhood pastime was spent mostly on wheels. I rollerskated, skateboarded, and biked everywhere. I looked for jumps and dips and stairs to go over, I also would attempt (many times) to tie a rope to a bike, motor bike, or car and have someone pull me. lol I was also good with jump ropes and would even jump with my skates on. My sister could pogo and hula forever and do all sorts of tricks. Anyhow, my knees are a mess (appearance wise) due to the many wipe outs on wheels (and one fall out of a tree house).
    Allie- You have come so far since standing up to Tom! You are a strong person. I know it is hard to stand up to people we love; but it always feels good in my heart and soul when I can calmly tell those people where I am at and what I will and won't do/tolerate. You are so good at standing up for others; it is time to stand up for yourself again! You are WORTH it!!!
    Rori- So good to hear from you and my heart is with you! I am sending strong vibes/prayers for strength, patience, and peace to you! Take care, friend. <3
    Karen VA Lilly Belle! How did she get so big?

Kids arriving soon. It is pancake day and I have to get that on the griddle. Sending love and hugs to all who need/want them! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,203 Member
    :heart:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,602 Member
    Karen - Oh my word! I don't know which I love most, Lilly Belle, or her smocked dress! :laugh:

The butcher came round with his delivery. It was the lovely Phil, who owns/runs it. He is so good at customer relations. I really admire good service. It is a real talent. So kind to include all the chicken thigh trimmings and bones in a separate bag for me to make stock.

Unfortunately, getting all the meat sorted and into the freezers took me long enough to divert me from writing this morning. I am easily distracted. :s This afternoon I have my girly Zoom. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
  • Katla49
    edited June 2020
    I attended a city meeting last night and it went on for a long time. This is the largest group I've been in for a long time. I'm up early this morning and am eagerly waiting for my coffee, despite being tired. I hope this will be a lazy day, or at least a restful one. I'm tired this morning and up early. I foresee a nap in my future.

Katla
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all,

Karen in VA - Lilly Belle just keeps getting cuter...

Insomnia last night was horrible, I was up and down until about 3 a.m., and then in the littlest room in the house until 4 a.m. I really hate it when my gut spasms so hard that I end up nauseated as well... Afterward, got laundry in the washer, made myself a cup of coffee and Corey's lunch, and as soon as he pulled out for work at 5:15, I was back in bed until about 7 a.m., which was helpful.

Now that I've gotten used to sleeping at least seven hours a night, when I don't, I feel as dumb as a sack of hammers--my mind feels like it's three steps behind everything. Ick.

But I dragged my draggy behind onto the elliptical, along with the rest of me, so there's my NSV for the moment.

Got the first load of laundry on the line, and have one more load to put out. The weather is just superb this morning for being outside - 62 degrees, a good little wind blowing, with clear skies expected tonight. After the laundry is up, I'm going to get some of the garden work done that Corey asked if I would. Mounding up the dirt on his potatoes, staking a couple of other things up, and repotting a couple of pea plants he finally coaxed into sprouting inside. He's beginning to figure out that having me home and not working means he doesn't have to get all this stuff done in the evenings. :)

And, a little physical work is all I'm good for this morning, as the rest is just beyond me. Yesterday I made the leap again and purchased rights to a web domain and hosting for two years. I took all my old stuff down a while back; it was more than I could do to keep up with it, and got outdated quickly. Now I'll have a clean slate--but it's a lot of focused effort to get a site and a blog up and running again. But I have no deadlines I have to hit, thank goodness, 'cause ain't none of it getting done today.

In fact, once I get my chores finished, I might just go back to bed.

Egg is sitting on my lap telling me she thinks I should. :smiley:

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,915 Member
    <3
  • Katla49
    Sue & Barbara,

I bought deer repellent containers that hang on wire a wire hoops, and put doggy poop on the ground between the curb and the bean row. I saw no damage this morning.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this continues to work.

Katla
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Recipe:
    Makes 3 large servings
    Tuna 3 servings
    Grapes 🍇 diced
    Tomato preferably cherry kind diced
    Raisin 1 serving
    Light mayo 35cal type
    Onion as much as desired

Serve on lettuce or mixed 🥬 lettuce

Having that plus

Low sodium Turkey bacon 🥓 4 slices is 100cal
    On 70cal toasted wheat bread dab a light mayo 35cal on it. Can add lettuce y tomato also to it y a slice of onion. If not a mayo fan Dijon mustard or any of your favs.

Snack unknown. Outside fighting mosquitoes 🦟 as JR plays soccer ⚽️ with me. Realized Raisin I got are not on the app. So will add when I get inside.

Amber Tx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,996 Member
    Afternoon ladies
    Seems MFP has been on and off all morning...
    So I am up with Faith ,Sean was here for about an hour and a 1/2 didnt say a word or apologise ,his letter should be in the mail tomorrow...
    But he wont be home here until Sunday..
    He will be working next week as the other girl has the week off..
  • pipcd34
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,602 Member
    edited June 2020
    Enjoyed my girly Zoom. <3

Then I emailed easyjet about my non existent refund. :s

Then I texted my lovely brother about his son's assessments. He rang me back. They are not doing exams this year, so they are assessing the students instead. He has offers from Cambridge, Warwick and Southampton. At the moment he is shielding, so deferring is a problem. He might as well go in the 'bubble' they are meant to be creating at uni. They don't know when the assessments are coming. Love my bruv. <3

Our Zoom was great and I held my tongue when my difficult friend talked about buying ANOTHER house! :o Her 6th? Plus one each to rent for the kids. :# She now wants one suitable for her old age.
    I think my York/Portsmouth friend might be flouting the rules and coming down to Portsmouth on Friday. She has had the virus and the current rules make no sense. If she comes I will see her on the beach, at a distance, and bring our own food and drink. Even though I know she has had it, I feel I have to stick to the rules. We haven't seen the kids since they went back to school. That hurts. <3 I'm going to ask for a Zoom. No extra confirmed cases in Brighton and Hove overnight. I'm hoping the hot weekends visitors took their bugs home with them. Bit early to tell.

Lisa - I see your increase in cases online. :'(

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Thinking of a few people. BeUncommon, Janetr, Penny. And a couple of others i can't remember their names.