WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2020

Options

Replies

• drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Machka, I make tea by pouring hot water over a tea bag in a mug and letting it steep for 3 to 5 minutes while I do something else. I squeeze out the teabag, add a packet of Stevia/monk fruit sweetener, stir and drink. That tea mix in the article made with instant tea, Tang, plus a bunch of other stuff was very popular several years ago. People called it Russian Tea and gave it as a Christmas gift along with a mug. It was ok as a really sweet, hot drink, but not what I would consider tea and certainly not anything I would waste calories on drinking now.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,894 Member
    Options
    :)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Did Billy’s Boot Camp Blaster Ball Workout DVD. Not bad. Think I’ll keep it for now. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Firm Super Charged DVD. Another new one so we shall see how it goes.

It’s so hard not to say anything to Jess about her weight, that’s why I say it here. Gotta get it off my chest, and you guys are the lucky recipients.

Now how to motivate Vince to do something that to me is important but not important to him? Of course Jess doesn’t do things like go thru boxes that I have, I really want her to make the determination of what to do. I suspect most of those things will go in recycling, but there may be things that she wants. She doesn’t want to go thru them with me, she’d prefer to talk on the phone. So maybe what I need to do is just throw it all out. Then, when she asks me for something, I’ll just tell her that if it was in one of the boxes, I threw it out. Same thing for these VHS tapes we have from Vince’s father. For YEARS I’ve been asking him to go thru them. I’ve tried not saying anything to him – doesn’t get done. I’ve tried saying something to him – doesn’t get done. I’ve tried putting them in front of him – doesn’t get done. I’ve gone thru them and weeded out things like pirated copies of movies hoping that he’d get the hint. No such luck. So I’m thinking that I’ll ask him if he’d just like me to throw them all out. There might be something he wants, but it’s not important to me, so it’ll go in the trash. I’m going to ask him if he wants me to throw them out because I will. I’m sick of looking at them on the floor. Why should Jess do something that’s important to me when the example is that if it’s not important to her (even at the moment) I guess it’s not important. Daddy doesn’t do a lot of things that mom asks him to do. Update: I did, and he told me that he's going to take them downstairs to look at. But they're still upstairs. Next, I give him a deadline of when they need to be taken care of or I'll throw them out.

The weather has been weird today. One minute the sun is shining, the next there is a downpour. Don’t know if I can go for my walk or not. Should check the weather website.

Got a notice that the entire board of our HOA is resigning. I understand…most of the board has been a member for 10 years. But I think it should be a staggered leaving for continuity’s sake. Also, and this I agree with, they recommend there be 2 year terms. So what happens in two years? The entire board changes? To me, there needs to be some continuity. But who am I? Wonder what’ll happen if no one comes forward for president. Maybe Vince will be treasurer, I don’t know. I’m not going to push him. He volunteered to be Newcomer’s treasurer, so since this is really less work that Newcomers maybe he’ll consider it, I don’t know

Allie – if you lift Faith to get her back in bed, you take care of YOUR back. A friend of mine who is a nurse has back problems now from lifting patients.

Love, love, love those mug shots.

Was making a scarf for a friend but for some reason it never came out straight. I took it apart three times. So this time I just took it out for good. Now to think of something else to make. Something fairly simple. I know for Vince’s 50th birthday I made him a black shawl. I remember it was a pretty simple pattern. I thought I had it written down somewhere but for the life of me, I can’t find it. Wait a minute….I just thought of one other place it might be. Will check that out.

Michele NC
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,813 Member
    Options
    Allie - I agree she should have a bed rail. Does she use a walker or wheelchair? Here in Alberta if you feel a senior is being mistreated you are legally required to report it. If they aren’t doing anything to help prevent the falls that has to be mistreatment.

Karen- just love the mug shots.

Heather - I would love to own one home, never mind 6!

Thank you for the compliments on my daughters command centre.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,408 Member
    Options
    KJ: I also drink instant coffee (and tea) with soy milk and stevia. When I was a child my mother would sometimes put a little Camp coffee in our warm milk as a treat, so I like my coffee white.
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,970 Member
    Options
    Missed a bunch last couple days. Having issues with MFP community. It made me log in separately today but at least I got in.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    MFP problems for me to from trying to get here to read or log food it likes to mess up.Can send messages one day but not the next. Who knows hopefully the next updates will fix it all.

HOA- Can’t stand them. Had bad experiences in the past y only 1 good experience. The good experience was a low dollar HOA that did not force home owners to join did not care what homes look like (which helps cause if sick can’t cut the grass the last thing you want is trouble that week or month healing up from emergency surgery ). Even then last I heard the good ones members ages out the people who took over stole money used their power to harass anyone who crossed them. I rather live in a nice neighborhood with my own rules so I can hang my flag up y have our Navy bumper stickers y kids drawing with chalk on the sidewalks giggling 🤭. Hubby works hard usually our grass is super low cut folks cut to keep up with him. When he can’t do it nice to not worry about anyone else’s opinion.Think since moving in the grass has been medium high twice rest of the time super low. Had a friend forced to sell her home when the HOA fees got too steep was up to $100 on her fixed income as a widow woman it was unmanageable. She moved to a non-HOA in the end but had trouble selling her home many people feel like me about it.

Amber Tx
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Rita - how are you feeling?

Amber - when we moved to NC our realtor couldn't understand why Vince was so adamant about no HOA. This one is VERY loose, VERY. I can't remember the last time we had a neighborhood meeting. Then Vince sent our realtor some articles and she understood. Like there was this one lady who lived in an HOA development. One of their requirements was that the only flag you could fly was a US flag. Well, her son was in the Marines and she flew their flag. Do you know the HOA fined her for it? (OK, you can stop laughing now)

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

new fastest time to work!

Bike ride home 2 sumner station- 53.03min, 15amph, 164mhr, 13.23mi= 574c
    apple watch- 505c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 4.41min, 153mhr, 9.29min mi, .49mi= 77c
    apple watch- 59c
    jog wrk 2 sta, windy, windy- 4.26min, 9.46min mi, 149mhr, .45mi= 76c
    apple watch- 65c
    Bike ride dome 2 hm windy- 17.02min, 9amph, 160mhr, 2.56mi= 231c
    apple watch- 155c

total cal 958
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Michele- You know I can’t stop laughing lol. Realtor was showing us properties ignored our no HOA request (we went with another realtor in the end). The house had a skylight (bad roof lol 😂 could see the sky a huge crack bad foundation was obvious) . We walk out a strict HOA nutcase was yelling about our Navy sticker on the truck. I looked them straight in the eye said we haven’t even bought a house yet! My Truck My Buisness!!
    Lol they shrugging away told the realtor they wouldn’t approve of us. Lol 😂 same to you toots!! 😂. She kept showing us homes like that. The good HOA I lived at the homes were impossible to sell they were desperate not to scare folks off yet.Had it’s own store to fire department even was mobile homes in the deep deep country side so far off it took 40minutes for police to reach you if you called or an ambulance then an 2hour drive to a hospital. They finally had a life flight helicopter 🚁 when we moved but it was high dollar 💵 so no one wanted to use it.

Amber Tx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    B)