WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2020

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,372 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Kim - I love the word "moreish". I think it was my parents' generation who used it a lot. "Very moreish". :D

My mixed grain and veg combo was delicious and highly appreciated by DH who can be a bit suspicious of my grainy, healthy concoctions. Will definitely do it again. I bought 10 bags of the stuff at a time from Amazon. Thought I might have to eat it alone, but no! I have some of the packet left for me tomorrow for a snack.

Just been hearing about a scientific genetic study of the coronavirus that thinks the virus entered GB over 1300 different times as there are that number of genetic variants. From many different countries. So no patient zero in GB.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,826 Member
    Options
    Barbara in Southern Oregon
    Yes this was written into the trust... and if Jean wants to get a hoyer lift she could but she wont even get a hospital bed..
    Yes we caregivers get paid out of the trust,Sean and Jean live free here but pay for groceries.Jean is the breadwinner so no she runs all the money end of it between her and the lawyers that is her thing..but she doesnt want to spend tine with mom,she works 5 days a week,gets moms dinner and then goes in her bedroom and goes to bed. On the weekends she goes up North.. and has either me or Maria who was a former co worker of hers watch Faith on the weekends in the summer.. I have already told her im not working every weekend. I am working this weekend though
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Kim - sorry about the snooker ball reference! It's similar to pool (although a snooker player would not say so), played on a larger table with smaller pockets, and many more nitnoid rules than pool. I grew up with a pool table in the living room, until my father sold it. I learned both snooker and pool from my brothers when I was so small that I had to stand on a footstool to see the table. :) Real snooker balls are smaller than pool balls, as well, thus the reference.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbara: Columbia County begins phase 2 on Saturday. I wonder what will change. I haven’t seen any details. :ohwell:

Lisa: I am also gallbladder free. I had surgery several years ago. I had one enormous gall stone, about the size of an old fashioned “shooter” marble. :star:

I am scheduled for a colonoscopy soon, but they’ve set things up to be as impossible as they can. DH is contacting our primary care doctor and trying to get some better results. At this point, I can go into the doctor’s office alone. There is no place where DH can sit, rest, or get to the bathroom. The nearest parking is not close enough and this whole thing is stressful for both of us. It is a no-win situation.

I am NOT a happy camper.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    B):)<3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday my little Chickadees! <3

Everything is just fine here. B)

Rori - ((HUGS)) when you get a chance, please tell us more about the Valerian & CBD that is helping your DH. I listened to a podcast this morning about how our brains have cannabinoid receptors, and our bodies actually produce it. Sounds like we used to get it from produce but now soils have been depleted. CBD from Industrial hemp can help fill the gap. If anyone is interested: https://www.blogtalkradio.com/backincontrol/2020/06/10/cannabinoids-natures-healing-agents

I also ran across an interesting website this morning: https://seniorfitness4life.com/ Lots of short articles about exercise, IF, our brains, nutrition, etc. I bookmarked it.

I am really enjoying the photos of parents and grandparents you all have been sharing. <3

Karen in VA
    - Thank you for sharing the story about your dad and sis. ((HUGS))

That's the quick and dirty. Make it a great day! <3

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,099 Member
    Options

:heart:
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,546 Member
    Options
    When I think of the word moreish, I think of a weatherman in Portland Oregon that used the term "partly to mostly". He could tag it onto any weather forecast and be half right. His name was Tom Bosely I recall. Along with Sam the weather cat!😁
    💖Rebecca
  • kristingjertsen
    kristingjertsen Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Biking and swimming daily while I can (pool is open by appointment and I have discovered that weekday early morning and afternoon, I have the swim lane to myself). Loving being able to swim, even if it means taking precautions to stay safe right now. I have a mask, hand sanitizer, bag for gear, bottle of water, and I keep my distance in and around the pool.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,372 Member
    Options
    Lanette - I have read that our bodies produce cannabinoids when we run. :D It certainly feels g o o d ..... :laugh:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Kristen - sounds like a Great 👍 plan . Good news is a well maintained pool kills the virus in the water. Only got to worry about the people screaming to breathing heavily on others...just wade away from them y say move away from me please if need be.

Amber Tx
  • Katla49
    Options
    DH & the dog both take CBD oil and DH says it relieves anxiety and pain. Neither DH nor I have ever taken valerian.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Barbara: Columbia County begins phase 2 on Saturday. I wonder what will change. I haven’t seen any details. :ohwell:

Lisa: I am also gallbladder free. I had surgery several years ago. I had one enormous gall stone, about the size of an old fashioned “shooter” marble. :star:

I am scheduled for a colonoscopy soon, but they’ve set things up to be as impossible as they can. DH is contacting our primary care doctor and trying to get some better results. At this point, I can go into the doctor’s office alone. There is no place where DH can sit, rest, or get to the bathroom. The nearest parking is not close enough and this whole thing is stressful for both of us. It is a no-win situation.

I am NOT a happy camper.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

<3 Katla - cancel it. You already had a negative Cologuard, and you are not at high risk. Cancel it.
    (((Hugs)))
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Heather Are they Merchant Gourmet grains? I would like to get some, but think they aren't available on Amazon in the USA right now...
  • Katla49
    Options
    Karen,

I looked at DR notes in my file. The results of the last test showed traces of blood. I think it was from overly aggressive wiping on my part, but I intend to go ahead with the test. This is the best MD I’ve ever had and I respect her advice.

Katla
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    For those who asked, I’m feeling much better! Thank you!

Had my mamo and bone density done Monday and routine bloodwork today. Got DH to go for blood work all the while he’s saying he hates this office! Lol
    Go for results updates in 2 weeks.

There’s a storm brewing up so going inside. Was nice out until the winds started!

Have a good morning/noon/night ladies!

RvRita
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,896 Member
    Options
    Power went out a couple of days ago and computer has been extremely slow since I restarted it. Makes getting on here very frustrating. Doing OK with eating today. Got some exercise chopping cala lillies down with the machete. We have some that grow in a very inconvenient place and with the rain they have mostly fallen down and cover the sidewalk to the goat pen. They also harbor lots of slugs. We have tried RoundUp, Ground Clear, digging them up and they just keep coming back stronger and more of them. Yuck!

Katla - How can they not have any place for DH to wait when they require that you have a driver with you? When I had an endoscopy DD had to sign in and stay within the building.

Rita - Hope your results come back good.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,435 Member
    Options
    Machka: CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS on completing your uni stuff! Enjoy your little bout of freedom.
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Karen,

I looked at DR notes in my file. The results of the last test showed traces of blood. I think it was from overly aggressive wiping on my part, but I intend to go ahead with the test. This is the best MD I’ve ever had and I respect her advice.

Katla

I understand. I feel for you, though, Katla. The timing sucks and it's doubly stressful.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    :)Machka, Congratulations on your successful completion.
    1940721w2k2h73mxa.gif