WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2020

Options

Replies

• SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Machka: You have a knack with those serendipitous photos. I like the way you have caught the highlight in Rhody's eye. It just draws the attention to him beautifully.

Allie: You're a good soul. Faith is lucky to have you in her life. I think, perhaps, that Jean is in deep denial at the minute. You probably already mentioned it somewhere, but I'm wondering who set up the trust, and why.
    Must haves: Fridge, Washing machine, dishwasher.
    SuziQ: So sorry your day at the office was ruined by the lack of consideration of you co-workers. I think you are wise to stay away until you feel safe.
    Barbie: So wise as always. Your council is the cement between our bricks.

Case in point re <Disagree> button. (The post above got a disagree 😂)
    😇 Sane, rational me: Oh, look! Somebody is scrolling again and missed the <hug> button.
    😤👿 Other me! 😈😈😈 ROT IN HELLLLL!!!! B***H
    😇Sane rational me: Do you REALLY want them there with you?

Lisa: We're gonna need a bigger bench!!! 😂

I have no firm plans for today, although I would like to get some more work done in the garden. It's dull, and showery, but the heat has gone. Thunderstorms are still a possibility, so I'll see how it goes. I've plenty to occupy my time indoors.

Take care, and stay safe. 💕💖💕
    ☘️Terri

I wish MFP had a ROTFLMAO button. I literally laughed out loud!
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Katla - Nerdvana is an anteroom of Hades, didn't you know? :smiley: You get to visit everyone who roosts on the uncomfortable "Arizona in July" benches, but you go back to your ergonomically correct computer chairs in nerdvana. :wink:

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Jeans dad set up the trust,Faith had started with Alzheimers quite awhile ago,she is end stage for sure.. but if it was my parent i sure would want hospice involved
  • Jaxsgma
    Jaxsgma Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    The thunderstorms passed us by so far, but there is some bad flooding in other areas. We are getting the heavy showers.

This morning's shopping trip revealed changes in the mall where our supermarket is located. Non food shops have been allowed to open since last Thursday. The wide boulevards have physical barriers down the middle to assist socially distanced movement.

Still not too busy when we left at about 9.15am, so I may venture over to visit my favourite shoe shop early tomorrow. I am in sore need of new summer sandals. I have to say, it was surprisingly uplifting to see the shops lit up again after so many have been in darkness during the lockdown.

Heather: Video wouldn't play. It looked like a screenshot.
    Lanette: Oh! My Giddy Aunt! Maybe these might have been accurate 50 years ago. ROTFL 😂 🤣😂🤣😂😝
    I aspire to the18-30 style. But in reality:

bnd0cenbf6wp.jpg

So many posts, but I have little to add to what has already been said.

céad míle fáilte to our newbies. You have come to a place of lively discussion and immeasurable support.

💕💖💕 (((Hugs))) and Prayers to those in extremis.

☘️ Terri #74goingon25

Terri, that is a great picture of you, love the outfit and the sandals
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Machka: You have a knack with those serendipitous photos. I like the way you have caught the highlight in Rhody's eye. It just draws the attention to him beautifully.

Allie: You're a good soul. Faith is lucky to have you in her life. I think, perhaps, that Jean is in deep denial at the minute. You probably already mentioned it somewhere, but I'm wondering who set up the trust, and why.
    Must haves: Fridge, Washing machine, dishwasher.
    SuziQ: So sorry your day at the office was ruined by the lack of consideration of you co-workers. I think you are wise to stay away until you feel safe.
    Barbie: So wise as always. Your council is the cement between our bricks.

Case in point re <Disagree> button. (The post above got a disagree 😂)
    😇 Sane, rational me: Oh, look! Somebody is scrolling again and missed the <hug> button.
    😤👿 Other me! 😈😈😈 ROT IN HELLLLL!!!! B***H
    😇Sane rational me: Do you REALLY want them there with you?

Lisa: We're gonna need a bigger bench!!! 😂

I have no firm plans for today, although I would like to get some more work done in the garden. It's dull, and showery, but the heat has gone. Thunderstorms are still a possibility, so I'll see how it goes. I've plenty to occupy my time indoors.

Take care, and stay safe. 💕💖💕
    ☘️Terri

>>>

Terri

Oh my Giddy Aunt! That's gas! :D:D:D

Karen in Virginia

• wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    What a wet day, it's been raining off and on for the last few days, but today it's a real downpour. Was supposed to be going on a picnic with my friends (socially distancing of course) this week sometime, but it will have to wait until the weather gets better now.

I've been learning to dance to get fit, I'm so glad no one can see me, I have no coordination and find it hard to follow the steps :D but it's fun and the advice on here many times has been to find something that you will like and stick to - we'll see how long this lasts- you know me and consistency! :p>:)

Pip congratulations on taking early retirement, must admit I've loved it and don't miss work one bit. Good luck with the house move.

Michelle My daughter got a (very) cheap version of a knock off type of roomba and it is rubbish, it goes around in a circle just pushing the dust rather than collecting it :D I'll have to let her know the real one does a good job, she might decide to get one.

Well as it is so wet outside and I can't mow the lawn, think I'll go and watch Netflix or something.

Take care and love to all <3
    Viv UK
  • KetoneKaren
    edited June 2020
    Options
    If anyone is interested in looking at some wonderful amateur photography, here are the Instagram links of my 2 talented friends:

https://www.instagram.com/patschoenfelder/

(I recently posted some of her bird photos)

https://www.instagram.com/annfulcherphotography/

Here is one of Ann's photos:

ftuw81ceqar8.png

>>>

Karen in Virginia

• KetoneKaren
    Options
    Here is an inspirational photo before and after from the Photos Only Success thread:

5czy4xfphnqm.png

• KetoneKaren
    Options
    We are going to have one of those glorious days - low humidity, temps in the 70's, sunny. Time to get outside to start enjoying heaven on earth.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    B)
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Jake's conversation with Alexa this morning is a series of questions of the type "How do you spell______? or What's a synonym for ___________?" Usually he asks me those questions so now I don't have to play early morning spelling bee and can just go on with what I'm doing.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
    There’s always a silver lining 🤣

Makes me chuckle hearing about Jake and his ‘lady’ friends 🤣🤣

Kate UK ❤️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
    KetoneKaren i was laughing. i had to go back to pg 48 2c what you were talking about. no i don't think it was you. but if you were telling me what i should do like getting a beekeeper cuz the bees were helpful for the environment, yada yada, then i change my mind, then yes it was you.
    UPDATE ON THE BEES - Kirby was off yesterday and a guy came out to check on the the bees 1st to find out what kind of bees they were. they were gone. come to find out, it was a swarm of bees (big *kitten* swarm) not a bee hive (there's a diff) and they just decided to move, they weren't there anymore. the yard service came over yesterday to finish that area. even tho i provided pics, since they were gone, the guy concluded they had to be honeybees.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    vd2gunr3ld12.jpeg
    0n8341jnd1i2.jpeg
  • pipcd34
    Options
    the back yard area now. the second pic is where they were, within that clump in that corner.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @Karen impressive before and after pics!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    Thursday --

Work - discovered something I need to fix. I thought it was done, but no.

University - finishing up these development courses etc. and tidying things up from the first semester.

Other - wading through emails and paperwork.

No exercise today.

Just for fun, I put together a little story of the Supervising Cat.

The link will take you to a small album of 12 photos. If you hover your mouse over each, you can see the commentary. :) If you click the photo, you can see it larger.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/albums/72157714766305893

Machka in Oz
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    a home administrative assistant came by today for 2h. i work while she does so it's 4 h of work.
    I just found out the office had raised the price in november without telling me and have just raised it again : 40% more than in septembre for same work. The employees get no increase in wage. No thank you.

I told the person that i wouldn't continue after July 1 due to the price hike and she seemed to say that she couldn't take an old client (for a year maybe) but would be open to a secret under the table offer, or something. Her work is fine and she doesn't have a ton of work and needs money. I'll see. i tend to avoid illegal doings to avoid weird unexpected problems later on down the line.