WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2020

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,012 Member
    Options
    Just found this group. Can't wait to try and keep up with you all!

Lori :)

I just found this group yesterday- Very friendly and helpful already-
    Debbie
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,330 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hate buffets with a passion! :D If I'm going to pay good money for food I want to be made a fuss of. :D I even hate self service coffee places. I like a good waiter. Not enough proper cafes in Britain. Give me Paris, Vienna. <3
    The only buffet i ever liked was a Mexican place near us in London. Dirt cheap and fantastic food. All freshly cooked. The joke for me was that all the very posh people from Hampstead were queuing up outside for their cheap eats! I mean TV directors, actors etc.The restaurant made all their money back on beers. We tried not to drink any. :o I took my brother a couple of times and he thought he had died and gone to heaven. You could barely stagger away. He still talks about it. You had to get there just before it opened.

My friend seems determined to come tomorrow. It looks if the rain will keep off, but I will bring an umbrella just in case. She's coming by train as she has already had the virus. Even so, we will distance. I will have to take my own food and drink, but we may buy an ice cream from Marroccos to eat on the beach, weather permitting.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,674 Member
    Options
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,012 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Pip ~ I am so happy for yours and Kirby's upcoming retirement. Hope your house sells quickly and y'all find your new abode in a place you will enjoy.

DLFK & SKYLERBLUE ~ Welcome ! Please sign your posts with an easier name for us to call you and a general location. Some of us old folks have a difficult time remembering. LOL

Dlfk ~ I too am short (5'1") but I am not small boned. I weigh 170 lbs and just try not to go any higher. I did not start gaining weight until I was in my late 40's. I commend you for all the exercise you are doing and staying at 1000 calories. I know you will lose the weight you want to lose quickly.

Flea & Suzi ~ I am sorry that you are having to work around folks who are not being cautious.

Carol in GA

Hi Carol-
    My name is Debbie
    Like you, I did not really gain weight until mid to late 40's. I am very small boned- still wear kids size shoes even.
    I have been working on this(this time) since last July. It is slow but trying hard to not give up. Two major things coming up so trying to focus on that. What I eat and how much I exercise is one of the few things I have total control of- just need to keep at it.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,327 Member
    Options
    Heather: Anvil has a good relationship with Erin. He seems very comfortable in front of the camera. Very funny too. I watched half of the one on Russian rations too.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,327 Member
    Options
    Must haves: Fridge, Washing machine, dishwasher.
    SuziQ: So sorry your day at the office was ruined by the lack of consideration of you co-workers. I think you are wise to stay away until you feel safe.
    Barbie: So wise as always. Your council is the cement between our bricks.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    Options
    Im home and relaxing...
    Oy what a day.. hopefully tomorrow is non descript...
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,330 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Lisa - I think we share a brain. :p>:) Except mine is full of envy. Sometimes it's all consuming. Part of loving the lockdown was that a lot of that floated away. I don't like being an angry person. :# Wasted energy. Saps my love of life. :'( I don't think many people know about my evil thoughts as I hide it well, but can you make a seat next to you available in hell.

Lots of love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Some of the nosey and curious folks among us might like to watch my elder son's latest video which is about Italian army ration packs. He's done reviews of several countries and this was definitely the worst food by miles! What makes it fun is he us doing it with his partner's daughter, and it is really quite amusing. <3
    His series is AATV on YouTube and this one is called Italian ration packs. I know bananas watched one once. :D
    Stopped me from writing though. >:)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

trbt2obbunk1.jpg

Heather I watched it! I had watched one of the Airsoft videos before, and now this one. He's fun. And cute. I liked the way they interacted. The food looked pitiful.

Karen
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    Barbie: So wise as always. Your council is the cement between our bricks.

:)Terri, Thank you for the kind words.

<3 Barbie

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,878 Member
    Options
    <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,404 Member
    Options
    If anyone is interested, here's another 12 episode docu-series on Alzheimers. I'll be interested to see the ones which focus on nutrition. It starts tomorrow in the states (June 18)

Here's the link: https://watch.awakeningfromalzheimers.com/

Lanette
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Lisa and Heather Uhhhh…you'll need to make that a bench for 3. Such a waste of good energy.
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    I've always said all the interesting people would be sitting in Hades with me, and most of the ones I love... Scootching over, making room... 😂

Love, Lisa