• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,592 Member
    Options
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Lisa - better get a bigger seat!

M - never know Australia was once called New Holland.

Michele NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,638 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Lisa – I would run into town and get a Congratulations card one that is blank inside; and write “Congratulations for winning the _____________ grant “ sign it and send it to the person most responsible for letting you go. Mail it straight away to the counsel. I suspect that means your bench must be bigger as I have a wide bottom.

Heather – great you tube with your son. The meal looked awful.

Allie – I am so sorry to hear how Faith is doing. I do hope that when she passes Jean is not guilt ridden about not providing the tools to give her better support. (hospital bed, hospice, a lift)

Kim from N. California
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,967 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Allie, my walking friend was the sole caregiver for her 90+ year old husband with Alzheimer's until he died. For awhile she was able to leave the house for 45 minutes before daylight to walk with me while he was asleep. Toward the end she had a hospital bed and the help of Hospice. She often told stories of him getting up in the middle of the night and mistaking the closet for the bathroom and the messes she had to clean up. She told me too, of the times she had to call 911 because he had fallen and she couldn't get him back in bed by herself. She said that she felt bad that these extremely well trained paramedics had to come out so often to help get an old man back into bed, but she was extremely grateful for them.

<3 Barbie

She must have had her reasons, but it makes me wonder why she didn't get him into a place that could offer him 24-hour care.

• Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Lisa - better get a bigger seat!

M - never know Australia was once called New Holland.

Michele NC

Yes, named by Abel Tasman who also named Tasmania "Van Diemen's Land" ... and later it was changed to Tasmania after Abel Tasman.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Today, Thursday 18 June ... is International Picnic Day

https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/international-picnic-day/

"The word “picnic” comes from the French language, and it’s believed this type of informal outdoor meal became a popular pastime in France after the Revolution. As fans of Jane Austen’s novels will know, 19th-century picnics were elaborate social occasions, with menus featuring a wide range of cold meats and pies that took days to prepare."

As it is cold and looks like it might rain or something ... I ate my lunch in my home office. :)

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited June 2020
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Hello beautiful women.

Yesterday was both stressful and enjoyable. It’s interesting how a day can be filled with such a wide range of emotions. A little on that here…
    First Day at the Office Since March 17th

It was quite stressful getting ready and really being timed. When at home it does not matter what time I shower, what I dress in, what meals I need to bring with me, etc. But on the other hand, it was nice wearing “office” clothes and putting on a little makeup, packing up my lunch, and anticipating many people that I have not seen in a long time.

Hugs to all and prayers for those in need.
    SuziQ – SFL

You commented on being timed or at home NOT being timed and NOT being timed is one of the things I like about being at home. I can do some things in the morning and then take a shower at noon if I want. If I sleep an extra 5 minutes, I'm not going to miss my bus and have to stand there for half an hour waiting for the next one. I can start working at 11 am if I feel like it ... and wrap things up at 6 or 7 pm. It's up to me!

And other things ... the temperature in the house works for me, I've got my music on, I can spend time with my husband and see how he's doing, etc. etc. :)

They haven't issued a back to work directive yet so I'll just wait and see what happens. My husband has hernia surgery next week, so I'm hoping to be able to stay home with him for at least a week, maybe 2.

Machka in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Pip I'm so disappointed you didn't respond to my post a few pages back about the bees. (page 48)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    :D:D:DB)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Lanette: Thanks for the Alzheimers link. I hope to record it all. :star:

Karen in VA: I love the bird photos! :smiley:

Lisa: Are you implying that all the fun crowd will be partying in Hades while the nerds are stuck in their ruts? I think I’m stuck as a nerd and might as well find ways to enjoy it. Can I talk you into nerdvana? :wink:

Allie: Care giving of an elder is a gift of kindness. You are making a great difference for Faith with your care giving and kind heart. I wish I’d been smart enough to find someone like you when my mom was failing. If I could have a do over, I’d find someone like you and let mom stay in her cozy apartment where I could visit her after work every day. :heart: :broken_heart:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,272 Member
    Options
    Machka - Great photo! <3

Karen - I can imagine those photos took a LOT of hard work and time to take. Brilliant! <3 Every time I watch a nature documentary with DH I always say, 'I hope I don't come back as a wildlife camera person.' Or ' Don't let me do that when I grow up.' :laugh:

Thank you everyone who watched my son's video. :D<3 He never wanted his own children, so having teenage children, who are both very nice, land in his lap was a wonderful twist of fate. He is not married to his partner, but they have been together a few years now. At the back of my mind is the worry that she could chuck him out with nothing at any stage, but so far he seems to be happier than he has ever been. I really like her. As his mother, I think she is a saint! :bigsmile: They met each other through their rescued greyhounds.

I'm meeting my friend today, though the weather is looking unpromising. :#

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,272 Member
    Options
    I texted my friend to see if she wanted to cancel. It's raining and we have to stay outside. Fortunately she agreed. :D
    Monday now, I think.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK ❤️