Craziest thing you’ll read today

I just had a phone call with my stupid aunty, I’m sorry for being rude to her but listen. I can’t believe what she suggested me to lose weight fast. So I’ve been in this losing weight journey for 1 year ish now right? That day I visited her after 6months and she said she sees no changes. I lost only 20kg in 1 year ish . Ok fine I haven’t lost weight much according to her but she deadass asked me to do few things. Tell me if you find this remotely sensible.

1. Liposuction
2. Injection for weight loss which costs 400 USD
3. Amway product ( her cousin lost weight because of some magical drink)

4. Steal Metformin from my mom and take 1 tablet everyday. Metformin is a diabetic meds . My mom has diabetes yep

5. Cut out rice completely forever.

6. Stop doing gym because it’s making my upper body look bigger ( losing my femininity)

I scolded her like crazy for saying all these and she said if I keep being defensive I’m going to waste so many years on losing weight.

Some of the things she said are my insecurities like I hate that I have broad shoulders I even considered to stop weight training because of it. I’ve tried cutting out rice too but it only made me binge. It’s just frustrating when you’re on a somewhat right track and people keep discouraging you esp your own family.

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Right back at you. We're birds of a feather flying together.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    You are doing excellent. Ignore and really don't as a type 2 who can't take metformin, my life would be easier if I could, the side affects suck.
  • UmaMageswarymfp
    UmaMageswarymfp Posts: 280 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Not remotely sensible advice, not even the tiniest little bit.

20kg in a year-ish is good, and it sounds like you're figuring out how to do it in a way that'll help you maintain the loss long term. Good stuff.

Ignore Auntie.

I agree with the "Yikes: What!?!" kinda reaction to stealing the drugs your mom needs. 😬

Keep doing the good stuff you're doing, ignore the ignorance. :flowerforyou:

Thank you sooo much love
  • UmaMageswarymfp
    UmaMageswarymfp Posts: 280 Member
    shabaity wrote: »
    You are doing excellent. Ignore and really don't as a type 2 who can't take metformin, my life would be easier if I could, the side affects suck.

I’m so sorry for that but I’m glad you’re doing something to control it 💜
  • KrissDotCom
    KrissDotCom Posts: 217 Member
    Also.. just putting this out there..

Its absolutely 100% okay to cut TOXIC people from your life, regardless on if they are family or not. Your relationship to a toxic person should not be permission to do those things.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    shabaity wrote: »

I’m so sorry for that but I’m glad you’re doing something to control it 💜

Thank you its a mix of some newer less well known meds and its working so far. :smiley: