Craziest thing you’ll read today

Options

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options
    20 kg in a year is a good pace - that is around 44 lb or slightly under a lb per week. Whatever you are doing is working.
    It aint broke - no need to fix it.

I lost at a slower pace - 10 kg in 10 months.

of the suggestions

Metformin is sometimes used in weight management, not just for diabetics. So taking it could make sense for some people
    However obviously that doenst mean just take somebody elses prescription medication.

None of the other suggestions make any sense at all.
  • UmaMageswarymfp
    UmaMageswarymfp Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    indunna wrote: »
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/27/Serena_Williams_at_the_Australian_Open_2015.jpg

z6pje5dekcuv.jpeg
    Just wanted to say that broad shoulders on a girl are f$&@ing awesome and that your aunt is full of sh!$.

Sorry for the spicy language!

I’d love to lose 20k in one year doing it the healthy way!

You think so? I hate my shoulders sigh I’m trying to accept it since I can't change it
  • UmaMageswarymfp
    Options
    20 kg in a year is a good pace - that is around 44 lb or slightly under a lb per week. Whatever you are doing is working.

of the suggestions

Metformin is sometimes used in weight management, not just for diabetics. So taking it could make sense for some people
    However obviously that doenst mean just take somebody elses prescription medication.

Really? Do you have any idea on how Metformin helps? Is it because of the sugar control
  • huntersmom2016
    huntersmom2016 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    im glad you didn't listen to her. and yes, the things she suggested were NOT good ideas at all. regardless of how slowly you lose weight, you're doing it the right way which will most likely lead to keeping it off. there is no quick fix and you obviously already know that. so good for you!!
  • UmaMageswarymfp
    Options
    mockchoc wrote: »
    indunna wrote: »
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/27/Serena_Williams_at_the_Australian_Open_2015.jpg

z6pje5dekcuv.jpeg
    Just wanted to say that broad shoulders on a girl are f$&@ing awesome and that your aunt is full of sh!$.

Sorry for the spicy language!

I’d love to lose 20k in one year doing it the healthy way!

You think so? I hate my shoulders sigh I’m trying to accept it since I can't change it

Be proud of what you look like now. I had the most amazing body when young. I'm 54 now and find it hard at times to accept I can't wear as short a skirt (or won't), that my boobs aren't as perky ( I breast fed 2 babies and lost and gained weight.. then there is age) and my legs aren't as perfect as they were back then. LOVE what you have NOW. Please listen. You won't be young forever and you are perfect no matter your weight.

This is so helpful and scary at the same time. I actually can’t seem to love myself and I don’t wanna regret later on :(
  • UmaMageswarymfp
    Options
    im glad you didn't listen to her. and yes, the things she suggested were NOT good ideas at all. regardless of how slowly you lose weight, you're doing it the right way which will most likely lead to keeping it off. there is no quick fix and you obviously already know that. so good for you!!

Thank youuu 🥰🥰
  • paperpudding
    Options

of the suggestions

Really? Do you have any idea on how Metformin helps? Is it because of the sugar control

Yes really.

Am not sure how it works or what the criteria for its suitability are - but it is sometimes used in weight control for non diabetics.

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    First off I get the shoulder thing. My shoulders have always been as broad as my brother's who is 4 inches taller than me. I also seem to be able to develop them just by looking at weights haha. So I feel your pain there. While toned shoulders are beautiful it's hard when that's what you see when you look in the mirror. But we must learn to embrace these things.

Now onto your aunt holy heck. Never take someone's meds. Geez that's ridiculous. All her other stuff just ignore. You've done an amazing job losing what you have safely and sanely. People will always have opinions just do what you're comfortable with. Weight loss and fitness takes hard work and perseverance. Just stick with it
  • paperpudding
    Options

of the suggestions

Yes really.

Am not sure how it works or what the criteria for its suitability are - but it is sometimes used in weight control for non diabetics.

Not sure what someone is disagreeing with ( unless they think I am sure of the medications mechanism but won't share it? )

Metformin is sometimes used in weight management for non diabetics, that is objective statement of fact, not my opinion.