Calorie Counter

Message Boards Motivation and Support
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Would you consider liposuction for those pockets of fat that don't vanish?

2»

Replies

• AnnPT77AnnPT77 Member, Premium Posts: 15,511 Member Member, Premium Posts: 15,511 Member
    I'd love to get my lower stomach fixed.. there's a big pocket of fat that does NOT go away even if I hit bordeline underweight for my height (been there, done that), tho I suspect it's mostly loose skin vs just plain fat. It legit hurts when I work out unless I wear super tight clothes and I've had my skin/the fold under my stomach get painfully inflamed in summer even with super regular showers - it costs too much tho, skin removal is considered cosmetic

Have you discussed it with a doctor? I've known of folks who got insurance coverage if the loose skin was causing physical problems, like fungal or bacterial infections. Don't know where you are, either - whether it's private insurance rules that are the barrier, or public health service.

EtA: Here, the rules seem to be analogous to breast reduction. With that, if breast size is documented to be causing (for example) back problems, some insurance companies will cover. Not an easy documentation process, though - patience and persistence, in the cases I know where someone succeeded.
    edited June 18
  • bsteves06bsteves06 Member Posts: 58 Member Member Posts: 58 Member
    What about coolsculpting?
  • yirarayirara Member Posts: 5,134 Member Member Posts: 5,134 Member
    bsteves06 wrote: »
    What about coolsculpting?

Doesn't seem to exist, at least not for slightly bigger accumulations. Maybe it's effective for a tiny bit of fat on the jawline, but doesn't seem to help for me.
  • magnusthenerdmagnusthenerd Member Posts: 1,169 Member Member Posts: 1,169 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I'd love to get my lower stomach fixed.. there's a big pocket of fat that does NOT go away even if I hit bordeline underweight for my height (been there, done that), tho I suspect it's mostly loose skin vs just plain fat. It legit hurts when I work out unless I wear super tight clothes and I've had my skin/the fold under my stomach get painfully inflamed in summer even with super regular showers - it costs too much tho, skin removal is considered cosmetic

Have you discussed it with a doctor? I've known of folks who got insurance coverage if the loose skin was causing physical problems, like fungal or bacterial infections. Don't know where you are, either - whether it's private insurance rules that are the barrier, or public health service.

EtA: Here, the rules seem to be analogous to breast reduction. With that, if breast size is documented to be causing (for example) back problems, some insurance companies will cover. Not an easy documentation process, though - patience and persistence, in the cases I know where someone succeeded.

Guidelines for insurance tend to build off some of the same guidelines - I think they maybe based on the WHO ICD. There's panectomy for abdominal flaps of a certain length - reaching the pubic bone area - and having issues with skin infections that don't go away.

Panectomy is pretty much the only skin removal that seems to have guidelines that I've seen.
    I had two different insurance carriers between consult and removal. Neither one went anywhere with coverage for any of mine - I had issues with chafing and pain when sitting because of how much loose skin I had in the glutes: I had a period where I could literally have to start shifting sides while driving my car for more than 10 minutes. No dice at all - they just kept sending back guidelines for when panectomy is covered and saying I didn't meet the requirements.