WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2020

Options

Replies

• SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Heather - So sorry you are feeling the blues. And, as you have read it's best to feel what we feel and move on.

Margaret - She is precious! Congratulations on your new family member. And, yes, meant to be.

Bandages - With me it's the latex version of any type of bandage. Or extended wearing of anything latex (such as medical gloves). So many people are sensitive to latex I do not understand why doctors and hospitals continue to use it.
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Karen in VA - My recipe for fried eggs and zucchini:
    • Two eggs
    • Cooking spray
    • Zucchini
    • Salt and pepper to taste

Break two eggs into a small, non-stick frying pan over medium heat.

Get the zucchini, walk to the back door, and throw it as far as you possibly can without actually hitting an innocent person or dog.

Go back to the pan and finish cooking the eggs to your taste, use salt and pepper at your discretion.

Bon appetit!

B)

I still wish there was an LOL button on MFP!
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    Machka - When I had breast biopsies done quite a few years ago I had to wear bras 24/7 for 2 weeks. I found a couple of sports bras that zippered up and clipped up front at Walmartians. Since it's winter there maybe flannel and/or men's shirts?
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    d92pjm1sbs0a.jpg

Love this - now if the world only followed these rules going forward.....what a world it would be!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Slept on and off all night ,not ideal..but what can ya do?
    SuziQ- yes i know things are really expensive .. i spoke with a gentleman that lives on Sanibel and will have 2 rentals.. they are quite small but living there and with just me and Alfie. How can ya go wrong? Hop on a bike with the pup and off we go..I am flying down next month for about 3 1/2 days to really check it out and see if i could find work down there also.. just something part time but we shall see..
    Have to get gas in the car and go grocery shopping today and do some laundry...
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Machka - When I had breast biopsies done quite a few years ago I had to wear bras 24/7 for 2 weeks. I found a couple of sports bras that zippered up and clipped up front at Walmartians. Since it's winter there maybe flannel and/or men's shirts?

I found a few bras like that, and wanted one or two, but none were in my size. :( Unfortunately many of our stores are having trouble getting stock these days.

I had purchased 3 men's flannel shirts right at the beginning of the shutdown and will likely wear them around the house and on casual Fridays if/when I return to the office. But today I got 3 long-sleeved business-like cotton shirts. :)

M in Oz
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    They had the big fireworks display up at the school again. Police did not come and shut it down. DH and DS went to watch. Drew and I saw some through the trees in the upstairs window and listened to calm music she did great with all the noise. She made a friend or should I say tried to with neighbors mix Chihuahua. He has been an only dog and didn't quite know what to make of Drew exuberance. Neighbor said Drew's coat fells like cashmere. It is her Italian Greyhound roots.

Scale starting to go down. I guess that's what four weeks a day will do. I have her 7 at night til 11:30 around lunch. Then off to son's and she stays there until 7. This gives me a chance to come home and do a few things while she bonds with son. I do have her crated in the car. My sister would let her dogs loose and they would sit in her lap when she drove. Too dangerous to do to son's. We almost saw a firetruck T bone a car at an intersection last night. Last week it was almost a police car. Son only lives 10 minutes away but it is a ten minutes I need to focus.

:heart: Margaret
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    MACHKA glad your op went well here’s to happy breathing

Stay safe

Kate UK ❤️

Haven't had it yet ... this coming Friday. :)

I'm just in the process of collecting stuff to make the recovery easier.

M in Oz

Sorry must have misread
    [/quote]

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    Hi All - jumping onto this thread for the first time. I'm 53 from Auckland NZ - looking to loose 1 pound per week in July. Its moving into the coldest part of winter here now - not that 8 degrees Celsius is that cold compared to other places with real seasons 🙂. Good luck all - Sarah

Hi Sarah -

I'm 53 and live in Tasmania. :) We've got similar temps although today hit 15C for some reason! They were predicting 10C so I was a bit surprised when I checked this afternoon.

But rain and snow down to 800 metres tomorrow.

Machka in Oz
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    Pip great news! Here's to a smooth closing!YEAH!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: Love the “Back to Work” message. :bigsmile:

Pip: I’m betting the realtor and you will end up with a bidding war. :flowerforyou:

Karen in VT: Congrats on meeting your mini goal! :smiley:

Sue in WA: Yesterday was the fourth of July and our dog had no difficulties. There were a few booms across the river in Washington, but they didn’t bother the dog. Thank goodness! :star: The fireworks in our city will happen in November or December when the Christmas Ships parade comes here. :star:

Sarah from Auckland: Welcome!!!! :flowerforyou:

Terri Richards: “On the other hand, YOU could be a figment of my deranged imagination!.” :laugh:

Lanette & Barbie: We had a few booms across the river in WA, but they weren’t as awful as previous years and the dog wasn’t upset by them. DH thinks the dog may be getting hard of hearing. He’s an old boy of 12, going on 13 later this month. :star: I went to Safeway yesterday and then stopped by Walmart. Every single person in both stores was wearing a mask, employees and customers included. :star:

(((Machka))): I hope all goes well with your surgery. It seems to me that your DH thinks of you as Wonder Woman, and with good reason. You have been amazing since his injury. Now it is his turn to be care giver. Perhaps he can take on one or two things to help you as you recover, such as bringing you water or tea, or doing a bit of tidying. :flowerforyou:

Fireworks rerun: The dog did well. He was not upset by the few little bangs that we had from across the river in WA. DH thinks the dog is getting deaf in his old age. I have noticed that the dog is more likely to follow hand signs than voice commands.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon