WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2020

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    (((Heather)))

Michele: Oregon enacted a “bottle bill” many years ago. At the time the cans and bottles were worth about a nickel. Over time it has been raised to 10 cents per can or bottle. We pay the deposit when we buy the beverage. When we return empties we get the 10 cent deposit money back to spend anyway we want. I donate mine to a group who are working on improving county parks with trails for horseback riding. Bicyclists also use some of the trails. :star:

I got this on the net:
    "However, since there are 10 states with bottle deposit laws . . . . These states are: California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, New York, Oregon, and Vermont."

Sharon: I am sorry you were stuck in your tax office all night. I hope you’re well rested by now. :flowerforyou:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,215 Member
    Options
    An interesting read and very much along the lines of what I've been saying/thinking ...

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,735 Member
    Options
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    More on bottle bills- British Columbia, Canada also has a bottle bill. I don’t know about other Canadian Provinces.
  • Machka9
    Options
    A little game for you all ... :)

0h4ko2te4j8b.png

M in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: Wed: T’ai Chi, Farmer’s Market, board meeting, call pc guy re mic. Thurs: Chiropractor, picnic prep, stroll with Denise
    Bonus: Wed: veg & fruit prep, board meeting minutes, Thurs: cleared off and cleaned kitchen counters, vacuumed car, hot tub chatting with Carol.
    Get to do: T’ai chi, minutes to Howard, meeting notice to board, call SDAO re meeting change notice requirements, typing, invest 10 mins cleaning Guest Bt, carryover 30 Bdrms, 20 mins Office) 10 Mbt + LR; call USB re: paper loan statements; practice new dances (Turning Tables, Nothing but You, Shake it like that, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right); transplant bean, make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; finish weeding drive, continue weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments.
    Jumpback July
    16 remind myself “This too shall pass”

SuziQ saw these growing out of the cliff and thought of you and your beautiful Aechemea .
    On the way back, saw this on the beach, brought it home and stuck it I some cactus mix. Spritzing it every morning, fingers Xd.
    qodf54viqul7.jpg
    3ih4wa1hs3zu.jpg
    4wymqu6f3y08.jpg
    cq0ozgahicjk.jpg
    wk1nqs9upqcd.jpg
    nthn53zg3379.jpg
    Karen in VA “pranking is about power” thanks for the validation, that was my take. Some families’ dynamics make me shake my head. Hooray for milkweed seed, Monarch Butterflies and all of the other pollinators.
    Welcome Karen in VT and con VERY gratulations on leaving obesity behind. Well done!
    Michele thanks for the egg whites in a carton info. Guess I’ll be making custards whenever I try meringues ;) And your way is how Mama taught me to separate eggs too!
    Rita love the sunset wedding story ;)
    Sharon your “very careful” accepting video calls made me grin!
    Evelyn Joe soaks an old sock in ammonia and sets it on the garbage can to keep the bears away. Might something like that deter your bulb browsing squirrels?
    Tracey love your DD’s new place, especially love her last minute box label :laugh:
    Julie glad to hear from you, sad to hear that school administrations in France “just lie” to avoid paying costs of regular workers, just like many corporations in the US do. 😡
    pip Eeeeee!!!!!
    Machka love the “should” meme. Ditto all those who encourage you to take this time for rest healing. ((hugs))

Our Spectrum cable and internet bundle costs $135/mo, Consumer Cellular $43/mo (my iphone and Joe’s old flip phone), and Amazon prime ($119/yr- more for shipping than watching as our TVs aren’t smart and our laptop screens are small). Don’t know what internet only would cost if we cut the CableTV out of the package but as I enjoy HGTV, Joe enjoys the free TCM on demand and we both enjoy the DVR I don’t see us changing any time soon. No natural gas is available here. Our electric co-op bill runs in the $200-300/month range year ‘round. Our water comes from the cisten next to the creek so only costs a few dollars/month in sediment filters, and $125/year for new UV lamp. One day soon (I hope) we’ll be updating the storage tanks and pump systems at a cost of around $3K. Homeowner’s insurance on our double wide is $96/month, property taxes $85/month, garbage service $30/mont think those 3 equate to Heather’s Council tax. I am so thankful that we found and could afford this beautiful location, peaceful place with no near or noisy neighbors.

Only thru pg 49 but sleepy.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    July: better than June.
    daily: steps>5491=Wed: 3147 Thurs: 7050 vits=15 log=16 CI<CO=14 CI<250<CO=13 Tumble & Shadow 5=16 mfp=14 clean 10 mins=15 outside=15 up hill=13
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3=7 rx=2 dance=4
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant=2 20for20=
    bonus: AF=9.75 play= sew=
  • Machka9
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Feeling slightly better today, but still quite headachy and I really want to get the splints out now. I can feel them and the fronts are digging in a little.

However, my splints come out on Monday! So I have to wait a bit yet but it is almost tempting to do it myself just to get the things out. I've watched a video of people having them removed!

Also, my mother sent me this:

8so2xjgrspfu.png

M in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Sharon
    It's exhausting and challenging enough to have a big push like "Grand Finale tax day" during a pandemic. Then to stay alone, conscientiously finishing everything up without asking anyone to stay with you…well that was brave. And then…aaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhhh!!! The key is locked in the cabinet!! N-n-n-ooooooooo!!!!
    Like Heather said, that's a nightmare. I'm glad you slept all day. The true finale to the pandemic tax season. (((Hugs)))

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,824 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    I have dropped off Alfie at the groomers and have Homer here... he is napping and relaxing... I have laundry in the dryer and will pick up Alfie at 10:30 and then pick up Dan at noontime... and then have the rest of the afternoon to relax
  • Sara628588
    Sara628588 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,824 Member
    Options
    So happy for you Pip!!!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,099 Member
    Options
    Lisa I have one of those now in the form of Drew except she does get me exercising sometimes four walks a day. Winter will be another story for us both. I have lost four pounds in the two weeks we have had her.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    Machka now you are scaring me! But breathing is better! :)

Quiet day yesterday, not so hot. TMI in spoiler with question:
    My doc put me on hormone cream, testosterone for now and adding estrogen as soon as I have the money. Anyone here using that? Just so you know if you want to fix a lack of libido, this really works! I did this at the behest of my DH b/c I had no drive before. Now I feel like I’m 20 again in that respect.
    On a side note, supposed to help me lose weight but gained 3 pounds on it so far.
    Never realized how much hormonal changes happen until this experiment. My poor DH is gonna be sorry but happy! >:)
    Comments appreciated for fun or for real, I’m game! Lol

If you read that spoiler, you get why I warned you! >:)>:)

Machka i copied the game and am working on it. I’ll post my answers at some point. Fun distraction!

RV Rita
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,372 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Very tired today. :o Had a nap this pm.
    Spent some time after lunch 'chatting' with Amazon about a refund that never appeared. I've had confirmation to say it's on its way.
    Also I texted an acceptance of the floor sanding estimate, but I want to know if includes vat and are they moving the furniture. :o We will have the living room, dining room and hallway done, but not DH'S study. I bit the bullet and asked how we were financing it. We have agreed one third/two thirds. He would have paid it all, but I know deep down he would like me to make a contribution. I think I can pay my third with the money accrued in my current account because of not going out etc recently.
    I also received my new Boots card. I have £41 accumulated on there and I'm going to spend it quickly because I know they are having to close branches. Don't want them to go bust before I've spent my points! :o It's the only shop card I have as it gives me 8% plus extras occasionally in points. I rarely go there now because I buy everything from Amazon since covid. So many companies are going bankrupt or closing branches.
    Saga have credited me with the nights I would have spent on the last cruise that was cancelled! I had a letter today to say I am a Silver member of the Britannia Club! :o Very strange. Don't know how they worked that one out!
    We are hoping to get our river cruise deposit back which will help towards the sanding, but won't know until the middle of August. We and they are playing 'chicken'. :p

I'm currying the sprouted beans I made to go with salmon tonight. Broccoli as well. AF pink wine.

Much love to all from warm and humid Hove.
    Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🌸🌻🌺