Calorie Counter

Message Boards Goal: Maintaining Weight
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

...help me

MunsremMunsrem Member, Premium Posts: 12 Member Member, Premium Posts: 12 Member
Okay guys I've lost a fair bit now, like 10 stone and Im extremely happy but I really want to tone and make the most of my hard work. I have no idea what Im doing though! I've never gotten this far before so any help would be really appreciated.

Replies

• Nacho_DaddyNacho_Daddy Member Posts: 726 Member Member Posts: 726 Member
    My go to thread for a little insight on training programs --> https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you

... and this by @usmcmp is great for keeping your weight as you "tone" --> https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat

... and some serious congratulations on your awesome achievement; 10-stone is something to be quite proud of!
  • PAV8888PAV8888 Member Posts: 7,401 Member Member Posts: 7,401 Member
    For the purposes of discussion, you say: what next?

Is this a "goals" discussion, or a "mechanics" discussion?

If you are interested in new goals, or re-composition, then see the links above!

If you're worried about the mechanics, you may want to consider and/or discuss the following:
    --what was the time-frame of your 140lb loss? i.e. how fast did you lose?
    --approximately where on the BMI scale are you currently? i.e. how lean are you?
    --how fast were you losing during the last two months or so? i.e. did you feather into maintenance?
    --are you using a weight trend app? i.e. are you used to looking at trends or do you respond to scale weight?
    --how much were you eating during the last two months or so? i.e. are significant intake changes likely?
    --how accurately have you been logging? i.e. are you likely to be consistent/continue to be consistent?
    --have you been eating, exercising, and logging as you intend to continue, or were you doing things differently?
    --what changes, if any, are you planning?
    --have you defined an acceptable weight change range for yourself, and a plan on what to do in case you exceed it?
    --have you dialed in your maintenance calories yet?

edited July 23
  • TaymateTaymate Member Posts: 29 Member Member Posts: 29 Member
    I don't know what 10 stone is! I know only pounds but, LOL...10 of anything is good! Congratulations!
  • AngelOfMusic1028AngelOfMusic1028 Member Posts: 40 Member Member Posts: 40 Member
    Taymate wrote: »
    I don't know what 10 stone is! I know only pounds but, LOL...10 of anything is good! Congratulations!

10 stone is 140LBS (had to look it up honestly)
    That's such an amazing loss!!
  • LivingtheLeanDreamLivingtheLeanDream Member Posts: 12,972 Member Member Posts: 12,972 Member
    WOW fabulous loss, you lost a WHOLE PERSON! (I'm 130lbs so you've lost me plus a bit more :smiley: )wishing you all the best now with your fitness.
    edited July 24
  • MaxxittMaxxitt Member Posts: 1,257 Member Member Posts: 1,257 Member
    Just chiming in to say congratulations, and if you have questions as you read @PAV8888 's response, feel free to ask them. You get to define your "what next."