August 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,969 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @shanaber Hobbes looks like he is really enjoying himself. Glad you're able to run more and getting used to the PM.

@kgirlhart Hope your dad is doing well today.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 Good luck with all of your running. Sorry to hear about your friend. I hope she and her family will be okay.

@AlphaHowls Glad your poison ivy rash is getting better. I apparently got some the last day we worked on the trees in the drive way - this past Friday, despite wearing long sleeves and taking a shower as soon as we were done. I didn't notice anything until yesterday, which I think is a little odd. Guess I just took longer to react to it this time. Thankfully, mine isn't really itching to much, just red and funky looking.

@kgirlhart Glad everything went well with your dad. Praying for a speedy recovery.

@Avidkeo and @ContraryMaryMary Hope it is only the one family and things will get back to normal with you all soon.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    kperk91 wrote: Β»
    exercise.png

Today was the longest I ran without slowing to a walk! Pushed thru the mental barrier and kept going 😁

Great stuff. The mental battle is the toughest bit.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    WTG @kperk91 !
  • kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    kperk91 wrote: Β»
    Today was the longest I ran without slowing to a walk! Pushed thru the mental barrier and kept going 😁

YAY!! CONGRATS!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    6 miles this morning. Feels like 91 at 5:18 am πŸ˜“πŸ˜“πŸ˜“

exercise.png
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    well life got in the way and both monday and tuesday i was unable to run :angry:
    but i have a few rest days and this is just easy runs. so i'm hoping to take those rest days and go slow with make up runs. another reason i need to get my hypersomnia under control. 4am runs would make sure i could get my runs in like i'm supposed to.
    on the other hand, i did some "crosstraining" doing poop patrol in the yard and some weeding of my garden beds.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,712 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    8/2 – 12 miles
    8/4 – 4.38
    8/5 – 11.02
    8/8 – 15.02
    8/9 – 4.01
    8/10 – 4.01
    8/12 – 6.59

Pretty nice out this morning with temp at 63F starting out and 71F (real feel 81F) when I finished. I did a 30-minute yoga class before I headed out. It was still a little dark and really foggy when I began my run around 6:20 am.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    8-1 rest
    8-2 7k easy
    8-3 rest
    8-4 7k easy
    8-5 7k moderate
    8-6 7k easy
    8-7 7k easy
    8-8 7k slow
    8-9 7k easy
    8-10 rest
    8-11 7k slow
    8-12 7k easy

August Total: 63k
    August Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k
    April Total: 191k
    May Total: 200k
    June Total: 156k
    July Total: 180k

2020 Total through July: 1236k / 176.5k per month

Mostly sunny and mid 60s F. Started out at an slow pace, then picked it up to easy and maintained it. Nice breeze from the north during the last k didn't hurt, either.

@kperk91 That's awesome!!!! Keep it up!!

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020k in 2020

Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders

2020 races:

9-19 Race for the Parks 5k, Hudson, OH
    10-11 Haunted Hustle 5k, Aurora, OH
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent The past 2 years my work had the same million then 2 million step challenge. We had to do it at least 3 months and I was always over.

This year they took that away and we had to pick two activities. Oh track 20 nights sleep and 20 days tracking food? I was done in the first month. 🀣

Goal pace workout today. I cut the cool down short because time. But I hit the paces and got 4 miles in.

Workout was 5 min at 9:49-10:09. Splits under spoiler.
    ubakfc9aepui.jpg

16.6/80 for the month
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent The past 2 years my work had the same million then 2 million step challenge. We had to do it at least 3 months and I was always over.

This year they took that away and we had to pick two activities. Oh track 20 nights sleep and 20 days tracking food? I was done in the first month. 🀣

Oh, they have track sleep too... but they want you to track SEVEN HOURS A NIGHT - Yeah, not gonna pull that one off. :sleeping::neutral:
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Scott6255 Wow. You did great to get in 6 miles at those temps that early in the morning. I've forgotten. Where do you live?

@PastorVincent Congratulations! A cash reward for walking/running would be nice.

@RunsOnEspresso Great run!

@PastorVincent It's funny that your work wants you to sleep 7 hours, as that has been my goal lately. How many times have I achieved that? Very few. Still a work in progress.

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 Congratulations on your PR and the fact that is felt so good and easy! You are doing great!