Less Alcohol - AUGUST 2020 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    AF = 0 / 1
    AF days: 8/2 (I am pre-posting - again, helps me to stay on track)
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    Photo from my walk yesterday. Local park, nice to get away from the concrete jungle for a moment. 😁
    Love your garden and flower pictures. 💕
  • looneycatblue
    Options
    Photo from my walk yesterday. Local park, nice to get away from the concrete jungle for a moment. 😁
    Love your garden and flower pictures. 💕
  • Samand303
    Samand303 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Once again, sideways 😂😂
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,554 Member
    Options
    Thanks for keeping us going @MissMay
    I am Dawn. 59 (for one more month), I live in SE BC
    My goal has remained the same, one that I feel comfortable with: 16-20AF days each month.

Saturday August 01 - Drinks, fancy fruity ones that I concocted.
    Sunday August 02 - AF - Didn't really want to be AF, but did.

Rolling total 1AF day out of 2 days
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options
    Nice to see you again in August @dawnbgethealthy . Your lake outings make me so envious. I wish I had a real lake near by to go cool off in. There is a so called lake, but it is actually the towns water source, no good entry access and extremely mossy, always to many teenagers mucking it up.
  • MissMay
    Options
    well, @Samand303 , as long as the bottle is sideways, pour me a wee one, okay ??

🍷 Thanks !!

Seriously, Day 93 of my countdown. Trying to cook exotic [for me] dishes at home instead of pining for the closed restaurants and bars. Got some chicken marinating in green curry to stir fry with veggies... cocoanut brown rice simmering. AF beer is chilled, to pour after sipping the imaginary splash of NY State wine.

What is going on in November for this 93 day count down? Hmmmmm did I miss reading a post about an event? Darn woman your eating very healthy. a STIR FRY SOUNDS WONDERFUL. Hope your keeping cool in P.A. My Sister is 45 minutes away from you, she says the heat has been brutal in that area.
    Nice job on the AF beer!!!! What brand? I have been drinking Heineken00.
  • MissMay
    Options
    AF = 0 / 1
    AF days: 8/2 (I am pre-posting - again, helps me to stay on track)

Love your walk photo. That stone wall is massive. I have been pre-posting in the app mydrinkaware. Same here, it keeps me on track.
  • MissMay
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Samand303 wrote: »
    Once again, sideways 😂😂

That is odd how they show up side ways. Were you laying down when you took it? LOL LOL LOL.
    I am all about the beauty of a label on a bottle, or the shape of the bottle. The heck with what is in side to drink.
    Good for thinking and then stopping after you opened it. That is WILL POWER.
  • Samand303
    Samand303 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    @shorepine Sounds like a great day. I know that “afternoon beer in hot weather” feeling and Hate it. I’m keeping Brooklyn Special Effects AF on hand for those moments.

For those of you who can find NYS wines, this one is definitely worth it. Wolffer Estate is on Long Island. Beautiful bottle and refreshing rose with character. Hope you all got those imaginary tastings I sent. If you didn’t get them, must’ve been the trolls! I imagine they make other wines, but I only seem to think of them for Summer in a Bottle. 🌞🌸🌻🌺