Less Alcohol - AUGUST 2020 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,516 Member
    0 drinks/6 days...hanging in there.

Very cool gardening pix from you all ....waiting for early fall to plant something here. I have mostly quail families, small lizards, and occasional bunnies in my yard and they are welcome, but chipmunks no.... and they make a lot of holes in the ground ! My husband sticks the water hose in their burroughs and that seems to help.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,304 Member
    4.5 AF / 6 !!! :p

I will most likely have a drink with my husband tonight, but not more than 2. <3
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member
    TGIF! To continue the berry talk, on my cabin jogging road, most of the beautiful wildflowers are now gone. But now there are RASPBERRIES!!! Nature is amazing.

As for possums, I didn't realize they are a southern critter! I saw a courting ritual one night on my fence--quite cute as he was nuzzling her. Until it got X-rated. The answer to whether it (and the couch possum) was dead is...I'll never know. I'm glad I wasn't overanalyzing that night--it didn't even occur to me that it might be playing dead. The next day a coworker said, "How do you know it was dead?" Another said, "How do you know it didn't have babies on its back that might have scattered into your closet??"

I continue Aug with no AF days which I'm not proud of, but at least I'm keeping it to one or occasionally 2 wines and just letting that be ok for August, and then the goal is more AF than A days, plus 2 max. I'm not stress drinking, and it's not interfering with workouts, driving, sleeping, or work and those are the true litmus tests for me. Well, weight is also, but I don't have a scale at the cabin. o:)ftmv8te6h4uj.jpg

BE CAREFUL of those black bears up there. They LOVE raspberries. Seen 'em on the dump road and on the Birches road in Rockwood. Good not to take a scale 'ta camp. Enjoy your one or two drinks, you deserve to feel normal up there. JEALOUS!💛
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    I am Dawn. 59 (for one more month), I live in SE BC
    My goal has remained the same, one that I feel comfortable with: 16-20AF days each month.

Saturday August 01 - Drinks, fancy fruity ones that I concocted.
    Sunday August 02 - AF - Didn't really want to be AF, but did.
    Monday August 03 - AF - Too windy to go to a lake today (I float on a mat) so I did some stuff around the garden. It is still going to be 100 degrees for a couple of more days, I am going to try to only work in the mornings so that I can get to the lake while it is super hot and not windy. Motivation to not drink is how my belly swells up so big the day after having drinks. Planning on AF again tomorrow.
    Tuesday August 04 - AF - Long stressful workday when I should have been at the lake, second to last really hot day. So badly wanted a few cocktails, but fought through it with my newfound "don't drink when you are stressed" tactic. Those cocktails won't be going anywhere, I will have a few on a happy day. Lake time Wednesday no matter what.
    Wednesday August 05 - Drinks. Last hot day here, so went to the lake and had some yummy cocktails when I got home.
    Thursday August 06 - AF - I will try to be AF tomorrow also to get 2 in a row.
    Friday August 07 - AF - Might have drinks with a friend this weekend.

Rolling total 5AF days out of 7 days
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member
    @dawnbgethealthy I hope you are now getting a break from those high temps. I lose my mind when it goes past 75°.

@docmum thanks for mentioning that AF beer. I like trying new ones. How is your new adopted pup doing?

@looneycatblue wishing you stress free, no drama days. How nice you and your husband were on a little walk together. Wish mine would partake in those with me.

@shorepine I have to agree with Lisa, those come and go doors can create more problems than worth. But I feel your pain with the deer eating up your lovey garden. My deer must be on vacation for a bit because I have had no damage for a week. Oh and they are NOT afraid of my dog or me. 😣

@globalhiker I like to take out about a cup of frozen blueberries right before I go to bed, I put them in the frig overnight and they only slightly defrost. Then in the morning I pop them into my magic bullet with yogurt and a splash of almond milk. Great power breakfast. And FULL of antioxidants.

@goldlady how is your less alcohol journey going?

• looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,304 Member
    4.5 AF / 8 just barely 50% need to get more AF days in!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    I am Dawn. 59 (for one more month), I live in SE BC
    My goal has remained the same, one that I feel comfortable with: 16-20AF days each month.

Saturday August 01 - Drinks, fancy fruity ones that I concocted.
    Sunday August 02 - AF - Didn't really want to be AF, but did.
    Monday August 03 - AF - Too windy to go to a lake today (I float on a mat) so I did some stuff around the garden. It is still going to be 100 degrees for a couple of more days, I am going to try to only work in the mornings so that I can get to the lake while it is super hot and not windy. Motivation to not drink is how my belly swells up so big the day after having drinks. Planning on AF again tomorrow.
    Tuesday August 04 - AF - Long stressful workday when I should have been at the lake, second to last really hot day. So badly wanted a few cocktails, but fought through it with my newfound "don't drink when you are stressed" tactic. Those cocktails won't be going anywhere, I will have a few on a happy day. Lake time Wednesday no matter what.
    Wednesday August 05 - Drinks. Last hot day here, so went to the lake and had some yummy cocktails when I got home.
    Thursday August 06 - AF - I will try to be AF tomorrow also to get 2 in a row.
    Friday August 07 - AF - Might have drinks with a friend this weekend.
    Saturday August 08 - Bunch of drinks with a girlfriend. I was making them, so put half of the alcohol in mine. We had a nice visit.
    Sunday August 08 - AF - planning on racking up a few of those.

Rolling total 6AF days out of 9 days
  • Doxmum
    Doxmum Posts: 127 Member
    @mainelylisa: That's amazingly creative for 0744 - I luv it! I can't sing either, but I'm not a bad dancer :D