Total 990
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Glad you had a great time Katla!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,373 Member
    Options
    Katla – in googling why my sourdough isn’t doing anything, one thing that kept on popping up was to feed it more often. So I’ll give that a try for another few days. Also, I usually keep my flour in the freezer just so it doesn’t get “buggy”. Well, I’m wondering if it was still cold. I wouldn’t think so, but maybe. So now I’m keeping my flour in the pantry, at least until this is finished. So we shall see what happens over the next few days. I’m going to try feeding it twice a day. The recipe I was following to the letter says to only feed it once/day, but maybe I need to do it more often?

Got the rest of Jess’ things packed up and put away in her closet so that when Vince comes back with the stuff that she’s going to keep here he can just put it in her storage place or her closet. See, Colby is going to move out to Iowa. He’s going to be paying the rent so that’ll help her pay off some of her bills. I know that she’s concerned about finances. He has his apt until the end of the week. Vince is going to go up to VA to help him load his POD on Friday and expects to be home Sat. Then I guess he and I will store her things. I suspect he really is going to have most of his things packed, he’s motivated. The time that Jess was getting ready to move to St. Kitts to go to school there, he really didn’t help load things. Jess told Vince later that she talked to Colby and he said he really didn’t think it would happen. But looks like he’s beyond that now.

Tracey
    – is your hubby into Lord of the Rings? I know that there is “second something” in it, I just can’t remember if it’s second breakfast or second lunch/dinner.

Jess asked if I could crochet this thing. Not sure if it’s for her or someone else. I got the pattern. I swear, there are directions in there that I have absolutely no idea what they are. This should be a real challenge. Good, I’m running out of friends to give things to….lol I think I’ll probably finish the x-stitch tonight or maybe tomorrow. If I finish tonight, I’ll post a picture.

Michele NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,765 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    I am home,and it feels sooo good to be sleeping in my own bed.. of course Alfie hogging most of it..
    Thinking of everyone,the ones in the line of the 2 hurricanes and the fires out in California... my prayers go out to you all...
    A friend of mine i found out passed away yesterday.. was only 65..not covid related i dont think .but still sad anyway..
    Going to drop. Off my son at work snd go pick up.Homer and keep him with me like i.usually do..im thinking his time is near poor baby..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,647 Member
    Options
    Ppppp
  • CoffeeandHumblePie
    CoffeeandHumblePie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    But sometimes, that 450 calories is so totally worth it. That’s my favorite pie.

Yes, yes it is!

It certainly was worth it! The pie was delicious and how many more opportunities do we have to sit and enjoy pie with dad? Special times.
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    But sometimes, that 450 calories is so totally worth it. That’s my favorite pie.

Yes, yes it is!

It certainly was worth it! The pie was delicious and how many more opportunities do we have to sit and enjoy pie with dad? Special times.

I have very few times. Cherish them. I wish I had more.

Tina in CA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,063 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    SuziQ & Kylia & Lisa & Faye ~ You all make me feel like a lazy so-and-so...LOL When you get so much done so early, what is left for the rest of the day?

Carol in GA

Carol, that is my thought too. I’ve always been a night owl though and used to do all of that after my girls and husband were in bed. Now a couple hours each Sunday and my house is good to go. That’s one advantage of small spaces.

I find the days I don’t work very long if I don’t have plans.

Tracey
    Ok its offical. I am a proper slug when it comes to waking up. I won't even admit to y'all the time I get up.
    💖Rebecca
    Lazy as all get out on Whidbey Island
    Washington

Women like me!! :)

My husband goes to bed somewhere between 9:30 and 10:30 depending on how tired he is, and so I get stuff done after he's in bed.

I can choose when I want to arrive at work as long as it is between 7 am and 10 am, so I usually aim for approx. 9 am and I do the traditional 9-5. Remember the song!! :smiley:

Tumble outta bed and I stumble to the kitchen
    Pour myself a cup of ambition
    Yawn and stretch and try to come to life
    Jump in the shower and the blood starts pumpin'
    Out on the street the traffic starts jumpin'
    With folks like me on the job from 9 to 5

There's another reason I go into work then ... the bus crowd is lighter. It gets really heavy between 7 am and 8 am, but half an hour later, it starts to ease off so I get a seat to myself.

M in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,868 Member
    Options
    Hope those of you near the fires find some relief soon. I am feeling lucky to live where I do. I am flying to San Francisco to pick up my mom and bring her back up here with me this week. She lives near Grass Valley. They had a small fire near Nevada City but it did not threaten her area. She lives on the same property as my sister and BIL.
    BIL has been diagnosed with cancer and he is full-time caregiver for my sister so DD and I will host mom for at least a couple of months until things settle down there. She is 96 and we would like for her to just move here full time but don't know if she will do that.

Machka and Peach - Happy Anniversary.

Katla - Yay for trailrides!

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Kim,
    If you have a spritzer bottle, fill it with water & use it to help keep the smoke down & out of the air you need to breathe.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    634950t7vde8eg7v.gif
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,063 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the Anniversary wishes everyone! :)

LisaInAR wrote: »

Machka
    -
    Happy anniversary! Hope you have time to celebrate.

We were thinking of going out to dinner yesterday but decided not to. We might later this week. We'd prefer to choose a quiet day because my husband is still very nervous about going out into crowded situations ... and our "crowded" now means every table occupied in a legally distanced restaurant!!

M in Oz I thought when I retired I would have all day for fun and my time. It turns out I don't know how I ever had time to work. I was once like you and 5-6 hours a night was considered a great night. Happy Anniversary and love your wedding photos! That looks like a fun and memorable wedding.

What a great story! I love the rustic cabin off the grid part. I lived in a rustic cabin I built for 15 years and 10 years was off the grid. I never had a phone there other than a duplex radio phone. The dutch oven part brings the smell of Shepard's sourdough bread to my senses.

Retirement isn't even on the horizon for me. It won't likely happen for another 17 years - when I'm 70. A few years ago they adjusted the pension age as follows, which makes me eligible to retire at 67, but there's talk about extending it to 70.

sxr89p5zrzzd.png
    https://www.dss.gov.au/seniors/benefits-payments/age-pension

That's why I decided to get my Master's degree. Several years ago, I figured if I were going to have to work for another couple decades, I'd better get myself into a position where I have some choices regarding the work I do.

So I started slogging my way through this degree in 2015. If all goes well, the course I'm in now should be my last one!! If I successfully pass the course, that should be it. Which means that in October (47 days from now, but who's counting) I should have no more university courses! Rather than spending 5-7 evenings a week doing homework, after a long day at work ....... my evenings will be mine! :) I have several things I want to do in mind, like organising the office, but I'll be able to work at my own pace instead of to a university-imposed deadline. :)

I liked our rustic cabin to some extent, but would have liked it more if it were ours. We couldn't do everything with it that we wanted. For example, the floor was sidewalk pavers on dirt. Our second winter in there was very rainy and water would come up through the sidewalk pavers and had nowhere to drain because the ground was so wet. We just picked everything up off the floor and walked around in gum boots. But sloshing through puddles is not an ideal home environment.

1948Peachy wrote: »
    MACHKA ~ Happy Anniversary! We will celebrate our 51st this coming week.

Happy Anniversary!

M in Oz

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,647 Member
    Options
    o1ayhf85tk5f.jpeg
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,792 Member
    Options
    Michele - my husband is into Lord of the Rings, but it was my Son in Law I was talking about. Someone sorry I forget who mentioned that it was Lord of the Tings that I was referring to.

Kim - I’m so sorry that there is another thing affecting your finances. As for your Goddaughter visiting, I truly believe that our mental health is as important as our physical health. I would mask up and hug her tight.

I have read all of 1984 and up to April 1985 in my Mom’s diaries today. I have marked off another few entries to add to books for my daughters.
    I have decided I am going to hand write my memories and scan them into a photo book. That way they will have three generations of handwritten memories. I will have to dig through photos when I’ve chosen the entries I’ll include. I need to get at this a little more as I want to include up to 2012 I think.

At one point in Mom’s diary in 1984 she wrote a whole page of bible verses with notes in the side of which verse helped with different things that were happening, mostly troubles such as anxiety, worry, etc. My best friend (Cheryle) who was and is a very big part of my life and my parents is more spiritual than I am. I snapped a picture of the page and sent it to her. She said I wonder what was troubling her, I said from the rest of the entries I would say it was me. She asked if she could print it off for herself, I said of course you can, you weren’t causing her troubles. 😂

Earlier this week Cheryle and her Mom FaceTimed me, I had told her Mom I was surprised to find out how many tomes Cheryle spent the night at my parents when I wasn’t there, she went to church with them and went out for supper with them at least once a week. Her Mom laughed and said, well Trace the best way to know what is going on in your child’s life if you are having problems with them is to adopt their friends. I still am sure Cheryle didn’t tell all my secrets but I’m sure she used her calm manner to make sure my parents didn’t worry too much. I didn’t do anything terribly bad, I was drinking or doing drubs I was just trying to grow up so much faster than I should have been.

Tracey in Edmonton

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,006 Member
    Options
    AQI is now at 127 which is such a huge change from earlier today but the lighting is now starting- just need to get through the next 12 hrs without any new fires starting.

I have been enjoying house/pet sitting for a friend for the past week. I have loved going over there and hanging out by myself there. With their pets and ours, I have been feeding 2 dogs and 14 cats twice a day and 7 litter boxes to clean twice a day.

I have been doing well sticking to my 1000 cal still- still haven't started exercising- I really wanted to get back on track by walking our friends dog- with the heat and air quality that just was not a good idea.
    Still haven't done my "cheat day" to go over the 1000 cal but maybe this week I will. I may have gone over a little bit today- havent finished logging but I think I am really close.

edit- just logged- went over to 1142- should NOT have opened that Almond Roca. Went over on sugar and calories because of that- haven't done that in months.

Debbie
    Napa Valley, CA