WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2020

1116117118119120122»

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Faye: The place that makes the ice cream is Ye Old Grog Distillery, in St Helens, OR. They mostly sell alcoholic beverages such as Grog. Ice cream is a fun sideline as far as I can tell. I bought my alcohol ice cream at a local grocery store. :smiley:

Debbie: Barbie usually sets a new page before she heads off to rest. It may be there already. I haven’t checked yet. :star:

Have a good rest. See you in September. :wink:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited September 2020
    Faye: The name Faye is a lovely name. I like it! I'll remember to use it. Have a good evening. :heart:
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    edited September 2020
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: second day of dogs down/up hill before breakfast, voicemailed dermatologist, scheduled pet sitter, made motel reservation, really listened to Joe, and Rusty, bought and installed Nolo Press’ Willmaker 2020/2021.
    Bonus: dug up more naked lady bulbs, mulched around fuschia, two loads laundry, fruit and veg prep
    Get to do: confirm dermatologist cancelled, take pics of car, call progressive adjuster, library, bank, post office, BB&B, Pilot tech support 5034447924 to link subscription and fix login, measure potential greenhouse space and distance to outlet, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Turning Tables, Nothing but You, Shake it like that, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right); make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; finish weeding drive, continue weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs.
    Altruistic August
    31: emailed action for happiness September calendar to Barb

Joe’s pressure still in the 40’s even after double dose rx. Scheduled for second surgery Thursday to “install a straw that will hurt like hell for 6 weeks. When it heals it will dissolve and eye pressure can drain. Possible won’t drain enough or will drain too much with no plan B if that happens. 50% chance of success.” Joe has a great attitude, joking about an eye patch and a white cane, grateful for his good left eye even though it needs cataract surgery. I’m so thankful he’s talking to me, and not keeping it all inside. He’s even mentioned that we should think about making a will, something he’s resisted mightily whenever I brought it up.

Margaret ((hugs)) hoping you find all the grace you need.
    KJ OMG Joaquin and Miguel :love:
    SuziQ and Barbie ditto your “wherever you go… there you are” advice to Allie.
    Karen in VA oh that impish Lily belle. Any recent Olivia pics?
    Katla likewise ditto your “time to take care of yourself” to Allie. Yarbro’s vampire novels are more historical, following the Compte from ancient to present times in many different places (Egypt, China, France…) That ice cream sounds delish!
    Tracey even a mild winter where you live would be tough to me. ;)
    Meg I can hear the joy in your post. So happy for you.
    Welcome back @mafery Mary. Be sure to watch for Barbie’s link to the September thread.
    Pip :love: the neon bike. Amazed you were able to find someone to repair it so perfectly! Those doggy treats sound yummy!
    Kim, thanks! We have several dry sandy sunny spots that are pretty bare. Hope they’re sandy enough to make digging easier. Our hoses won’t reach that far, hope the fall and winter rains will be enough.
    Yvonne “a shower of oak leaf mites” Oh noooo! :noway: Poor Philip! :sick:

Raking the area around the transplanted fuschia, found OH NO another 36 bulbs. Texted a friend and asked her how many dozen amaryllis belladonna bulbs she wanted, but she didn’t bite.
    The little 2’x3’ area before
    wiv0rqy05rrl.jpg

The bulbs dug up yesterday
    1zeui86sxupr.jpg

Today’s harvest on black plastic. I really didn't want to dig THAT many holes!
    zr4o2guqu2p3.jpg

And done!
    d2ww7xevkw22.jpg

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    August: better than July.
    daily: steps>5491=3695 vits=29.5 log=30 CI<CO=20 CI<250<CO=10 Tumble & Shadow 5=19 mfp=22 outside=15 up hill=8
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3=4 rx=4 dance=1.25 clean 30 mins=13-2/3
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant=5 20for20=
    bonus: AF=19 play= sew=
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Hi Ladies ...

Barbie has started September's thread for us and we're posting over there. :)

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10808904/women-ages-50-for-september-2020#latest

See you soon!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies ...

Barbie has started September's thread for us and we're posting over there. :)

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10808904/women-ages-50-for-september-2020#latest

See you soon!

Thanks, Machka! I must have missed it when Barbie posted September’s link…

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    edited September 2020
    Katla My preference is Faye but Della is fine. My mother always called me Della Faye. I noticed you have me as Delia. I keep hearing Tom Jones singing Delia. No problem as I know who you are addressing, but Faye is what most call me. Thanks for the ice cream name. Is it the same as Two Birds ice cream? I searched it and it isn't available outside of PDX.

I had an aunt whose name was Freda Fay and she always went by Fay- Miss her and all the other aunts and uncles- Dad is one of 10 and now there are just one sister( Lennabell who goes by Lynn) and my dad.
    Debbie
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    🙋