21 days of gluten free, because wheat is so addictive and toxic

Options
13»

Replies

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Nut flours are more caloric than wheat flour, IME.
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    Nut flours are more caloric than wheat flour, IME.

true. that's why i don't use them.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    hilla1996 wrote: »
    i find that if i have one cookie I am not satisfied until I finish them all

But I can eat one apple or one banana

I think wheat that is processed does not register correctly with our brain

especially wheat and sugar combo

As mentioned, cookies have a lot more to them than just wheat. Would you do the same with plain bread? If you ate a slice of plain bread, would you then be tempted to scarf the whole loaf? I just find it odd that you've identified the wheat in the cookie, rather than the sugar, butter, egg, whatever whatever.
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    One of the funniest things about women's magazines is the diet in the middle and the next few pages are loaded to the gills with recipes for every dessert under the sun. Slick marketing tricks everywhere you look. The hook in the jaw is the brand new diet. The excitement never ends.

I bought a women’s magazine the other day for the first time in years and am still traumatized by the recipes. Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies? Oh, my.

I could eat my weight in frozen blueberries topped with blueberry balsamic. No wheat there. There’s nothing magic about wheat (unless you’re medically prevented).

I still eat bread but not gobs of it. Although I do recollect telling hubs at dinner tonight, as I stared dreamily into space and savored every bite, “Nothing beats a piece of buttered homemade bread.”

I used to bake bread and could eat at least half a (full size) loaf. I didn't eat it plain though, but dripping with butter, and sometimes sugar.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    One of the funniest things about women's magazines is the diet in the middle and the next few pages are loaded to the gills with recipes for every dessert under the sun. Slick marketing tricks everywhere you look. The hook in the jaw is the brand new diet. The excitement never ends.

I bought a women’s magazine the other day for the first time in years and am still traumatized by the recipes. Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies? Oh, my.

I could eat my weight in frozen blueberries topped with blueberry balsamic. No wheat there. There’s nothing magic about wheat (unless you’re medically prevented).

I still eat bread but not gobs of it. Although I do recollect telling hubs at dinner tonight, as I stared dreamily into space and savored every bite, “Nothing beats a piece of buttered homemade bread.”

America's Test Kitchen's "Food Processor Perfection" has a recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies in which the butter is browned. My OH calls them "World's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies."

I stopped making them for a while because I was unable to moderate them. Also because this recipe is fussy and takes about 90 minutes (with clean up by hand.)

I am making them today though. It's a rainy day and I'm unemployed.

My overeating pattern used to be to eat the whole container of ice cream or tons of cookies in one sitting. Now I seem to overeat like a post WLS patient who gains weight back despite the smaller stomach - calorie dense foods at frequent intervals.

To help me moderate them I will put the tin of cookies out of site, the ones that get frozen in the downstairs freezer, budget for them, and otherwise try to put them out of my mind.