September 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart This article really helped me understand grief after my dad died. Hopefully it will help you as well. It's been 2 years (next month) and I still will have random cries over something silly.

https://themighty.com/2018/12/ball-box-analogy-grief/
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart and @mbaker566 GIANT hugs are going out to both of you!!!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 Is there another way to get her music? Like Amazon music you used to be able to download to phone so you could listen without data. I believe it has to be music you own. I download podcasts to listen to without service. Website like amazon music or spotify maybe? Go old school with CDs? Trying to come up with a compromise here. LOL
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @mbaker566 @kgirlhart Hugs to both of you. Losing a parent (I lost my mom 10 years ago and still is hard at times) or a family member is heartbreaking. Much love as you get through this.

Good luck to the racers!

@Camaramandy648 Yeah cracked (pun intended) me up too about your egg fiasco.
    How long do we have to go though teenage years? LOL feels like forever. Sorry , just know you are not alone!

Spin today. Good thing cause hamstring was tight today - not painful, but probably better not to chance it.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 Is there another way to get her music? Like Amazon music you used to be able to download to phone so you could listen without data. I believe it has to be music you own. I download podcasts to listen to without service. Website like amazon music or spotify maybe? Go old school with CDs? Trying to come up with a compromise here. LOL

Or even more old-school get tapes! Hahahaha
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @mbaker566 and @kgirlhart biggest hugs.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Hahahahaha all great suggestions!

WELL GUESS WHO COMPLETED FIVE ASSIGNMENTS TODAY! The TEENAGER! She has several more to do but if she focuses, she'll get em done quick. They're all "read this, answer this question," type assignments.

I actually did suggest that we set up my spotify account on her phone so that she can have her own playlist and not be using data. But do you know what she said? She literally cringed and said, "No Mom I want MY OWN!"

To that, i say... well, I'd like you to have a clean room and stay caught up in school.

What would be really funny is if I bought her an 80s style boombox and made her carry it around with a bag full of cassette tapes!

Merry Christmas.

:)

I love when you wrassle with life -- and WIN!!!
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Today it rained. I didn't run. I hate rain. That is all.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,979 Member
    Options
    @noblsheep I hadn't heard of polyphasic sleep before. Sounds like it may be what you need. I hope it all works out and you get acclimated to it quickly.

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,979 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 I hope you enjoy Mt LeConte. I have never been there, so looking forward to your report. I think you are exactly right about what Tippy would say. LOL

@kgirlhart I'm glad your boss is understanding. So many aren't. You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

• HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    September Goal: 26.2 miles during Boston Virtual Week for PastorVincent (Done!)

9/1 3.85
    9/2 off
    9/3 2.58 + snorkel 1 hour
    9/4 off
    9/5 3.31
    9/6 off
    9/7 5.83
    9/8 6.16
    9/9 2.60
    9/10 off
    9/11 7.46
    9/12 2.37
    9/13 2.48
    9/14 off
    9/15 3.86
    9/16 2.52
    9/17 off
    9/18 4.78
    9/19 3.10
    9/20 off
    9/21 2.36
    9/22 5.15
    9/23 off
    9/24 4.02

Total 62.43

@mbaker566 I'm sorry for all that....

exercise.png

Upcoming and current races:

D-Backs Virtual Run Against Cancer on 10/17 (which would have been my son's 43rd birthday....)
    https://raceroster.com/events/2020/27903/2020-d-backs-virtual-race-against-cancer

Big Island Challenge (virtually run 110 miles from Hilo to Kona by 9/27) (done)

uxSIKHu.jpguxSIm10.png

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @mbaker566 sorry to hear about the difficult times you're having.

@marisap2010 good luck on your virtual HM!

@noblsheep the sleep thing is fascinating. I hope the new schedule helps!