Options

Replies

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    9-1 7.2k slow
    9-2 7.2k easy
    9-3 7.2k moderate
    9-4 7.2k measy (between moderate and easy)
    9-5 7k measy
    9-6 7k easy
    9-7 rest
    9-8 7k marathon pace
    9-9 7k marathon pace
    9-10 7.2k marathon pace
    9-11 7k marathon pace
    9-12 7k marathon pace
    9-13 7k marathon pace
    9-14 rest
    9-15 7k measy
    9-16 7k measy
    9-17 7k easy
    9-18 7k easy
    9-19 7k easy
    9-20 7k easy
    9-21 rest
    9-22 7k measy
    9-23 rest
    9-24 7k easy
    9-25 7k easy

September Total: 148k
    September Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k
    April Total: 191k
    May Total: 200k
    June Total: 156k
    July Total: 180k
    August Total: 172k

2020 Total through August: 1408k / 176k per month

Hazy sunshine and lower 50s F today. Went out, cruised around, and enjoyed myself.

@Quilteryoyo I would offer that, absent a reason to wait, get it fixed now.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020k in 2020
    Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders

2020 races:

9-8 to 9-13 "Virtual Boston with Vincent" Time goal 5:15:00; actual time 4:47:01
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo I have nothing helpful to offer apart from hugs
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo I think I'd rather get it done sooner than later. Rip the band-aid so to speak.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo What does the doctor think might be different in 3 months? If it’s a certainty that it is going to have to be repaired, I don’t understand what the reasoning is behind another CT and “deciding” then. Is there some possibility that 3 months will lead to a different decision?
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo What does the doctor think might be different in 3 months? If it’s a certainty that it is going to have to be repaired, I don’t understand what the reasoning is behind another CT and “deciding” then. Is there some possibility that 3 months will lead to a different decision?

Yes, that is what I was thinking. If it will need surgery at some point, then why wait? Just take some time to get things in order, then "Rip the band-aid off"
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    9/1 5.55
    9/2 5.21
    9/3 5.23
    9/4 Helped with Mom's yard sale all. day. long.
    9/5 Bass fishing tournament with the Hubs. We didn't win, but I caught fish!
    9/6 4.35
    9/7 10.17
    9/8 4.25
    9/9 6.2
    9/10 Wedding Anniversary… but we did stroll around the lovely park where we were married
    9/11 6.16
    9/12 11.03
    9/15 1.36
    9/22 4.11
    9/23 5.23 and 1.64 walk at lunchtime
    9/25 5.12

September miles = 75.56 so far.
    Space Race 400K = 155.33 (Just 93.17 to go!)
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,993 Member
    Options
    I didn't run today, but Fridays are usually rest days for me. Thanks for your kind words @Teresa502 , @hamsterwheel6 , @Avidkeo , and @skippygirlsmom.

@eleanorhawkins I don't have much to offer, but virtual hugs. I know it is hard and can imagine that being so far away and the extra Covid restrictions are making it even harder. I know you said your dad didn't have a cell phone. Mine did not either, but my sister was able to use her phone so we could face time with him. It really helped. Maybe your step mom could set something like that up. And I love the Screaming Bridge. I think we all need a good scream now and then.

@WandaVaughn I'm with you. I am not a fan of rain.

@Tramboman Woo hoo! You got team Pavement Pounders our 2000 mile bib today! Just 20 miles to go!

@quilteryoyo I'm so sorry that you didn't get good news on your aneurysm. If it were me I would probably get it fixed sooner rather than later, but I am also a worrier. And waiting 3 months would be very difficult for me. Either way, good luck and sending you some virtual hugs.

• hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo Sorry about the news :(. But yes I too would rather get it done sooner than later. I would just worry the whole 3 months - what does the PA think will change?

@eleanorhawkins Hugs, girl.

I do not like rain either. Light rain or misty ok. But RAINING? No. Not to run in for me lol. Which it is today. RAINING that is. Thanks to Beta.
    And as such treadmill walk/run for 6.5 miles.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,004 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Thanks @Camaramandy648 . I love you all too. Good luck with the teenager. I hope her toe is okay. Good luck with all the running this weekend!

@HonuNui I know that I am actually lucky in that I know that it is there. So many don't, so don't have a chance to get it taken care of. I guess the only drawback is the fact that it is a BIG operation with a couple of months of recuperation. I just need to get my head around that before I say "yes." Did your CT scan show anything?
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    Love you @quilteryoyo stay strong!
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    ...Blessing in disguise! Memphians are total wussy-pants about rain, therefore I guessed that no one would be on the Greenline at Shelby Farms, which is usually too crowded for me to feel safe about running there. And I was right, we passed two cyclists and one walker in nine miles. Their loss, it was beautiful, nice soft rain.]

What a beautiful place to run. I had the same experience in Durham (NC) yesterday and it really was not even raining...but just misting...a little.

• durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo gosh I hope things go well for you. I too was wondering, why the 3-month wait? And I hope all the running you have done leaves you in a better place as far as being prepared for surgery.

Good luck!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo It sounds like you've got a good medical team. I'd go for getting it done sooner as well.

@Camaramandy648 and a few others from time to time... polska_girl is actually a different user. Last I checked, she wasn't active on MFP, but if she gets notifications she might be wondering what everyone is talking about :D But otherwise, I totally hear you on the parenting stuff. And it sounds like you're doing great, even though I'm sure it's tough.