Serious/heavy/deep/real stuff

Options

Replies

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,559 Member
    Options
    dewit wrote: »
    @KickassAmazon76 : since when are housework and cooking and all that *not* workouts? My grandma and mom never lifted DBs, but they carried water, milk, supplies for animals and they were muscular and fit.

If you're on your butt all day, yes, then you need to balance that and force in a workout or a run. But as active as your life sounds, just be kind to yourself, you desirve all the love and appreciation and understanding.

I think you're just wonderful and simply can't see it!

That is so kind of you. Thank you. :heart:

I think that housework is definitely a workout... but it's not one that energizes me, or rejuvenates me. When I am able to lift, I feel strong and powerful, and able to tackle the things that are attacking me. It reminds me that the things I think I can't do, I often can. When I stop that, I seem to forget so quickly.

I HATE dishes and cleaning. It feels like punishment to me. lol
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    I just now found this discussion thread. Is it too tight of a chummy club for me to join?

Of course not.. feel free to share 🙂
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I just now found this discussion thread. Is it too tight of a chummy club for me to join?

Nope, everyone's welcome by what I've seen and read! If you need to vent/share, go for it! :heart:
  • Eltriste73
    Eltriste73 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I’m dealing with a lot of stuff with my chronic illnesses and trying to care for my two kids at the same time and sometimes it just gets hard. I’m so thankful that my husband is usually there to turn to for help, but it gets to me sometimes when I can’t give them a bath myself or wheel I can’t drive them to the park, most days I can literally just get them dressed and make food then sit on the floor to watch them play, other days I can get them to play with my hula hoop or have them help water my plants. A few weeks ago I fell asleep while my husband was working in the bedroom and the kids drew all over the walls. I could only clean the top half because I can’t bend over, so about 2 feet of walk from the floor up still has crayon on it. It just reminds me of what I physically can’t do rather than what I can do. I’m thankful we can both work from home though so I can always have help.

You poured your heart on these lines. I can feel the pain while I read them. It is a real thing in your life and in the life of your family. I hope for the best for you, it seems impossible some days, like you say, but it will come. Sending lots of hugs
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    @samcskelton
    Caring for children is hard enough when a person feels healthy but suffering from chronic illnesses has got to be extra challenging. :( Be thankful for what you can do, especially the time you get to spend with your children. They're only going to be little for a short time. :(
    I hope you can get some relief for your illnesses, through medical help, exercise, meds., whatever can help you. Try to be gentle with yourself; treat yourself the way you'd treat your best friend. Can you find some outside help, even just a couple hours might help? Any agencies locally that offers respite?

Good luck to you!! Wishing you well.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    Honesly I've been struggling as a dad lately, my parenting time went from a few times a week to every other weekend about a year ago and i just find myself not feeling like I'm doing a very good job. I don't know how to remedy this.

Some things are out of your control.. just do your best, its all you or anyone can ask of you 🤗
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    @slimgirljo15
    Such a beautiful sentiment.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    @slimgirljo15 if I ever get to Australia, please promise me a super long hug in person! These virtual hugs are just not cutting it. My heart needs to talk to your heart
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    @slimgirljo15 if I ever get to Australia, please promise me a super long hug in person! These virtual hugs are just not cutting it. My heart needs to talk to your heart

Promise 🤗

Im sorry for your families loss Nadine 😔❤
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options

Promise 🤗

Im sorry for your families loss Nadine 😔❤

Thank you 🤗