Replies

• _DisasterDoll_
    _DisasterDoll_ Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    fstrickl wrote: »
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    I dont know 70s music...stop asking me if i know this song and being shocked when I have not...Steve Miller? Is he your dad?

Fair enough... just don't go around wearing a Zeppelin T-shirt because its "trendy".

Ugh...when I took a history of pop music in Uni (super fun class!) these total hipster girls who were wearing all the hipster-ish styles of the early 2010s (and I swear had been talking about Mumford and Sons) turned to each other and said “Who’s Bob Dylan?!” when the prof mentioned something about him. It made me irrationally angry and still does...hah. I should get over it.

Did It bother you that they didn’t know bob dylan because they were in a music class??

Maybe 25% that, but mainly because their style was clearly influenced by the 1950/60s folk movement (I know folk music really has much deeper and older roots than the 1950/60s) and they didn’t know who one of the most iconic persons of that movement was. I mean I’m not saying it wasn’t pretentious of me 🤷🏻‍♀️. At least they would have learned who Dylan was when we covered that era of pop music.

Bob Dylan and I actually have the same birthday 😁...

True story...

HBD you and Bobby D (I googled his bday and know it’s NOT either of your birthdays but I wanted to say Bobby D cause it sounded fun).

I have the same birthday as Nick Carter AND Elijah Wood! 🎂
    I dont know 70s music...stop asking me if i know this song and being shocked when I have not...Steve Miller? Is he your dad?

Fair enough... just don't go around wearing a Zeppelin T-shirt because its "trendy".

Ugh...when I took a history of pop music in Uni (super fun class!) these total hipster girls who were wearing all the hipster-ish styles of the early 2010s (and I swear had been talking about Mumford and Sons) turned to each other and said “Who’s Bob Dylan?!” when the prof mentioned something about him. It made me irrationally angry and still does...hah. I should get over it.

Did It bother you that they didn’t know bob dylan because they were in a music class??

Maybe 25% that, but mainly because their style was clearly influenced by the 1950/60s folk movement (I know folk music really has much deeper and older roots than the 1950/60s) and they didn’t know who one of the most iconic persons of that movement was. I mean I’m not saying it wasn’t pretentious of me 🤷🏻‍♀️. At least they would have learned who Dylan was when we covered that era of pop music.

Fair enough - kinda like when these kids these days ask who Tupac is amirite??

#tupaclives (I know hashtags weren’t a thing at the time but it seems appropriate)

Also...

#hashtagsdontworkhere

yc36xl4mcyj0.gif
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    breefoshee wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    3lzb3nbooteh.jpeg

Hiiiii YAHHHH! My BF and I binged this last week and we have pretended to be Ninjas all week.

Omg I binged watched the last two days by myself, no one could talk or interrupt me. Best two days of my life.

Last episode crushed me.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    breefoshee wrote: »
    I've been looking forward to today all week because on holiday weekends, my boss always sends us home at noon. Yesterday at 4pm, I got a meeting invite from 2-4pm for today.

It's an invite so No thank you, I already have plans.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    Led Zeppelin, Steve Miller, Bob Dylan??? There are people alive that haven't heard of them?
    I won't ask you about The Everly Brothers, Tommy Roe or the Righteous Brothers then.
  • vanityy99
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Led Zeppelin, Steve Miller, Bob Dylan??? There are people alive that haven't heard of them?
    I won't ask you about The Everly Brothers, Tommy Roe or the Righteous Brothers then.

I know UB40
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Also...

#hashtagsdontworkhere

yc36xl4mcyj0.gif

I know, it just seemed like that right thing to do though. Right? 🤷🏻‍♀️

I mean I was not alive when they were popular but I still know who they are! And even like some of them! 🙃
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

No Space Cowboy for you.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

Bob Dylan and I actually have the same birthday 😁...

True story...

HBD you and Bobby D (I googled his bday and know it’s NOT either of your birthdays but I wanted to say Bobby D cause it sounded fun).

I have the same birthday as Nick Carter AND Elijah Wood! 🎂

Fair enough - kinda like when these kids these days ask who Tupac is amirite??

#tupaclives (I know hashtags weren’t a thing at the time but it seems appropriate)

Also...

#hashtagsdontworkhere

yc36xl4mcyj0.gif

I like his hat.

When is his next concert?
  • ReenieHJ
    Options

I know UB40

Utoh Google here I come.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options

I met someone, older than I, who didn't know who Marvin Gaye was.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    My current annoyance, having come back here after a hiatus, is people who Karen all over my timeline. Just ask the "rise and grinders" - I will delete you.
  • vanityy99
    Options

I know UB40

Utoh Google here I come.
    Remember now?? 😊
    https://youtu.be/vUdloUqZa7w
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    those pretty cakes people make with fondant that look so so perfect taste like trash and dont we even feel good in your mouth its like eating plastic

Fondant is one of Satan’s many forms
  • CacoEther
    CacoEther Posts: 2,465 Member
    Options
    those pretty cakes people make with fondant that look so so perfect taste like trash and dont we even feel good in your mouth its like eating plastic

Fondant is one of Satan’s many forms

Here’s another

r76071b0ezgs.jpeg
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

When I was 4 the kid next door had a b-day party, but I was sick so I couldn't go. They brought me a piece of cake with the icing flowers on it - tasted like poison - can still remember the discustination

♥️ and 😂 i still love that word bc it fulfills one that never existed like being swirled about in disgust
  • sal10851
    sal10851 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    WEIGHT LOSS ADVICE FROM FAT PEOPLE!!!!!!!! Don't want to offend our plus sizers who are actively seeking a healthier lifestyle. For the other 98%: nobody wants weight loss advice from fat people!!! If I needed advice on how to get fatter I would gladly have that 2 second conversation. Getting fat is easy! You can do it without even trying! Trust me, I know!!!