October 2020 Monthly Running Challange

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,029 Member
    @Camaramandy648 I'll have to remember the Austin Rattler for a future race. Austin is pretty close and I like trail races. But I'll probably stick to the 10k. I'm generally abide by a HM or shorter policy.
  • martaindale
    3.1/70 miles

10/2: 3.1 miles

On the board for October! This cool weather has me wanting to go a little harder and see if the heat training will pay off. I ended up pushing it today and got a new PR for my 5k and 1 mile! And I ran negative splits!
    My plan starts picking up a little this month on my way to the HM in January. I'm definitely interested to see how my pace compares to HM training last year.
  • martaindale
    durhammfp wrote: »
    You are where I want to be in about in 3-4 months. Right now I'm finishing a 10K training plan, will do a virtual 10K, take a week off, then start on training for a HM that would be in mid Feb, if it were being held. How did you choose that particular training plan for your HM?

I'm not @kgirlhart but I've used Hal's plans for HM training and really liked them. Not sure how she modified it, but I usually tweak them a little because I run 4 days a week and the plans often have 5 days of running. I used the novice plan for my 1st HM and then the last 6 weeks or so of the intermediate 2 plan in the time between my 1st and 2nd HM. Both were exactly what I needed at those times. The volume of running wasn't too crazy once I tweaked it for my schedule but it was enough to get me ready. I even dropped a little less than 30 minutes off my time between my 2 races.
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Hi guys got my first run for October. A run walk for about 6 miles, it was nice weather and was nice to just enjoy it.
    @eleanorhawkins ooh that toe sounds painful. Glad it’s feeling better.
    @noblsheep yum fried chicken
    @Camaramandy648 lol, I wanna watch the crazy too 😆
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,884 Member
    edited October 2020
    @marisap2010 Great job on the weight loss and toning! You're doing great!

@polskagirl01 Yeah for getting a spot in the HM!

@Teresa502 That is so nice that the retired Marine is going to help you out and be at the finish line to give you your medals! That will make it even more special!

@WandaVaughn Laughed at the kudzu fields remark. We have a lot of it around here too. Cool that you and @skippygirlsmom live so close.

Doing great @kristinajeang !

@T1DCarnivoreRunner I wouldn't pass up that medal either!

Welcome @70Allie6570 !

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    durhammfp wrote: »
    You are where I want to be in about in 3-4 months. Right now I'm finishing a 10K training plan, will do a virtual 10K, take a week off, then start on training for a HM that would be in mid Feb, if it were being held. How did you choose that particular training plan for your HM?

I'm not @kgirlhart but I've used Hal's plans for HM training and really liked them. Not sure how she modified it, but I usually tweak them a little because I run 4 days a week and the plans often have 5 days of running. I used the novice plan for my 1st HM and then the last 6 weeks or so of the intermediate 2 plan in the time between my 1st and 2nd HM. Both were exactly what I needed at those times. The volume of running wasn't too crazy once I tweaked it for my schedule but it was enough to get me ready. I even dropped a little less than 30 minutes off my time between my 2 races.

I do a similar thing with Hal's plans, except I start with the advanced plans (because I like the speedwork suggestions), delete one easy run and sub out another easy/medium run for cycling or swimming. I do the days in whatever order fits my schedule. So he probably would say I'm not actually following his plan. I'm ok with that :)
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,508 Member
    edited October 2020
    Nice running @eleanorhawkins and you blitzed through that 5k!
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,508 Member
    edited October 2020
    I was going to have salmon for dinner and then thought about @rheddmobile so chicken it is!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,408 Member
    @eleanorhawkins that toe gave you super powers! WTG on your 5K and 10K PRs! That is very impressive to get both on one run!

@TheMrWobbly "Run the World" sounds like a fun challenge. I'm in!
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    @TheMrWobbly Run the World sounds great!
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,650 Member
    @TheMrWobbly Run the World sounds great!

As above (there's very little I won't do for bling or pizza! 😂 )