Options

Replies

• GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    hawkeye45_ wrote: »
    It was cold and I was accused on not wearing a bra. They had to apologize to me.

Who even accused you of that?

One of the women I work with. I think its weird because she is always making comments about my body but especially my boobs. It makes me extremely uncomfortable when she says stuff.

You need to "cash her outside!"

I sometimes don't button the second button on my dress shirt at work and my chest is a wee bit hairy, which has lead to multiple people (other men) making comments. As guys we tend to give each other *kitten* so I said something about not being able to help being a real man. Turned out the guy I said it to was dealing with low T levels and he went to HR.
    Like I knew about his condition.
    Since there was nothing in the dress code about the how many buttons had to be buttoned I just got a talking to. I did try turning it around by saying that people should be looking at my face not at my chest when they talk to me. That didn't really go over so well.
    So know I just tell people "Hey my eye are up here!"

Or maybe people should just keep their rude comments to themselves period.

Wow, sorry if sharing my story offended you. That wasn't my intent.

Oh no, I didn't mean you at all. I meant, you shouldn't have to say "hey my eyes are up here!" You shouldn't have to defend yourself against others who suffer insecurity.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,256 Member
    Options
    It was cold and I was accused on not wearing a bra. They had to apologize to me.

One of the women I work with. I think its weird because she is always making comments about my body but especially my boobs. It makes me extremely uncomfortable when she says stuff.

I sometimes don't button the second button on my dress shirt at work and my chest is a wee bit hairy, which has lead to multiple people (other men) making comments. As guys we tend to give each other *kitten* so I said something about not being able to help being a real man. Turned out the guy I said it to was dealing with low T levels and he went to HR.
    Since there was nothing in the dress code about the how many buttons had to be buttoned I just got a talking to. I did try turning it around by saying that people should be looking at my face not at my chest when they talk to me. That didn't really go over so well.

Oh no, I didn't mean you at all. I meant, you shouldn't have to say "hey my eyes are up here!" You shouldn't have to defend yourself against others who suffer insecurity.

Sorry I misread your meaning there. Reading has never been my forte. :smile:

That's very true, and you are absolutely correct.
    Unfortunately growing up in the circle I grew up in and in the career fields I have worked, we guys tend to talk a lot of smack and we usually let it slide off our backs and forget about it. In fact if other guys don't talk smack to you you tend to think there's a problem.
    Yeah, we guys have issues!
  • brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    ^ can confirm. Tru.dat
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,256 Member
    Options
    ^ can confirm. Tru.dat

RIGHT! If anyone can I know you can. Sailors can't see something without commenting on it! My kids ask me why I don't talk a lot about my navy days. Cause many of my stories are NOT PG!
    Have a good navy day brother!
  • brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    ^ can confirm. Tru.dat

RIGHT! If anyone can I know you can. Sailors can't see something without commenting on it! My kids ask me why I don't talk a lot about my navy days. Cause many of my stories are NOT PG!
    Have a good navy day brother!

You too, bro.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    s131951 wrote: »
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »
    I was fired for "not answering an email in a timely manner" which was totally fabricated. The following week, my ex-supervisor's younger sister had my old job.
    The job loss left me unemployed for 5 months, ruined my credit, and sent me into crippling depression. I'm still bitter AF over it, 4 years later.

. . the sun rises.

Hopefully shining brighter than ever too.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options

Sorry I misread your meaning there. Reading has never been my forte. :smile:

That's very true, and you are absolutely correct.
    Unfortunately growing up in the circle I grew up in and in the career fields I have worked, we guys tend to talk a lot of smack and we usually let it slide off our backs and forget about it. In fact if other guys don't talk smack to you you tend to think there's a problem.
    Yeah, we guys have issues!

Learn something new every day. I thought only women had issues relating to other people in those types of situations. :)
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    I laughed loud and heartily at a harassment presentation. Some jokes write themselves.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Just_Mel_ wrote: »
    I was fired for "not answering an email in a timely manner" which was totally fabricated. The following week, my ex-supervisor's younger sister had my old job.
    The job loss left me unemployed for 5 months, ruined my credit, and sent me into crippling depression. I'm still bitter AF over it, 4 years later.

Lets form a posse and get these MFrs!!
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I've never been sent to HR but if I would have it probably would have been for sexual harassment.

Eta: I'm not really serious
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Never been sent to HR because up until fairly recently we didn't have our own HR, it was contracted out.

Our HR seems to be a bit of a mess. There's a lot of turnover there. One young guy was having flings with multiple women on staff, then he disappeared for a while, came back and had another affair. He was fired. The other ones just bail after a while.

I inherited a really nice peace lily when one of the women left. Bonus.
  • hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I've never been sent to HR but if I would have it probably would have been for sexual harassment.

You're not really serious, you're just regular serious?
  • hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Never been sent to HR because up until fairly recently we didn't have our own HR, it was contracted out.

Our HR seems to be a bit of a mess. There's a lot of turnover there. One young guy was having flings with multiple women on staff, then he disappeared for a while, came back and had another affair. He was fired. The other ones just bail after a while.

Do the Hot Fuzz references flow?
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options

You're not really serious, you're just regular serious?

wkbol9c0tcj9.gif
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Do the Hot Fuzz references flow?

I loved that movie!

Back when the dept started up the woman in charge implemented a whole slew of draconian new policies (like 1950s era workplace) and was nicknamed Cruella DeVille. (Sadly, we didn't even have one dalmatian, let alone 101)