WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2020

Options

Replies

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    lol Popped back on to say that I actually was under calorie allowance for yesterday. Then I remembered...I forgot to log the Bloody Mary. :/ Oh well, I was over yesterday. But I got some walking in; and even if I hadn't it was a great day with family. I will accept the overage because it was worth every calorie!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,199 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Tracey - the photos are so sweet. Kinda sweet ol'-fashion. :D<3 I'm sure IRL they are much more untidy!

Masses of rain here.

The big news is I'VE DONE MY TAX RETURN !!!! :drinker:
    I don't actually pay any tax, but, for some reason, I put it off and put it off and end up doing it under pressure. Deadline is 31st. I don't do my memoir on Sundays, so I set to and got it done!
    When photocopying it I noticed that the printer was only printing blue, so DH changed the cartridges. (We really need a new printer.) So, a good morning. All I have to do now is post it.
    I could do it all online, but I prefer the paper version and my old book keeping.
    Amazon KDP keeps to the US tax year, so I have to go through it all month by month. Ours starts on April 6th.
    I could just not do it at all, but I live in hope that one of my books will be a mega seller. :D

Some rowing is in my future, watching Strictly Come Dancing on iplayer. Otherwise a nap.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Tracey

Love the photos of your daughter's family! The leaves look like a lot of fun for the grands. Trees are just beginning to turn here. Next week they should peak in the North GA mountains.

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,534 Member
    Options
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Karen Thank you! I love snazzy! I hadn't got that compliment since I was a teen and made my own clothes. <3B)

Kelly Thank you! I love stunning! I am a bit stunned at such a gracious compliment. I used to blog and once started writing an autobiography and then decided just to share my story on women's threads. I love the interaction on this thread and reading others' stories and seeing all the photos. <3o:)

Barbara ((((hugs)))) back at ya! While that room looks a bit overwhelming, it will probably be easier than it looks. If Joe excuses himself from duty due to eye pain, if I may, I suggest he wears a football helmet and has his buckwheat heat pad held in place by it. <3:p

Michele What no bikini in over 36 years yet you still have it? How will you ever know if your bikini body workout video was a success if you don't at least try it on? <3>:)

Fae PNW o:)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,694 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies
    Wow i slept until 10 in the morning...very unusual for me ,now Alfie and i are sitting in bed and im having a cup of tea..
    Then ill strip the bed and do the sheets .
    I feel bad for Tom and Elena.. they were driving up to the Berkshires to check the foliage..and it started raining so they came back early.. it is a beautiful ride when the weather is nice..
    So I had Homie for a few hours ..he has glaucoma in both eyes and is 14 + and Tom is saying he is getting disoriented in the mornings poor boy..but other than that he is doing well.
    Im dressed snd going to start my chores.. hope everyone enjoys the day.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,733 Member
    Options
    Heather - our time changes next Saturday night.
    My grandchildren are very funny about their clothes and styles. My Grandson has decided since last year that he is style is Sheldon from Young Sheldon. He looks for shirts with bow ties and has been trying to train his hair to go that way. He has spent a lot of time learning to style it himself.
    My granddaughter almost always refuses to wear anything other than a dress, even her play clothes are mostly dresses with shorts under them. She gets quite upset if all the dresses are in the laundry and she is forced to wear something else.

Barbara - that is what my craftroom is going to look like during the switchover to a sitting. Room. I’ve been procrastinating because of it.

Kelly - my daughter bought an Endy mattress which is an online thing, it comes in a box. She was nervous but the springs poked through their old one just as everything shut down. She has been amazed at how much better she is sleeping and no longer wakes in pain. I’m thinking of getting one now.
    What a treat getting kissed by Miguel!

Carol - they chose exactly the right time to get those pictures by the next week we had snow.

My eldest and grandchildren are coming out for the day for a crafting day. I have some stuff I need to do for work and a friend. My grandson wants a sloth hoodie and my daughter has some projects it should be a busy day.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,337 Member
    Options
    Rode the recumbent bike today. Won’t exercise tomorrow since I’m working and then we have bowling. But I’m sure I’ll get my steps in

Tracey – I’ve found that jigsaw puzzles can be very addictive. I keep a timer by mine. One time I got so involved that Vince’s dinner got too overdone. He still ate it, but I need to watch the time doing it. I’ve also found that if I work on it for a while then go do something else, I can usually find the pieces I’m looking for, they’re right in front of me. Good luck on yours! (How many times have you said “gee, I wonder if all the pieces are here?...lol) Don’t resist posting those pictures, they are adorable

Heather – glad to hear that I wasn’t the only one who couldn’t get to Community yesterday, either

KJ – oh, the story of Miguel just melted my heart

Made yogurt this morning then went to Aldi’s. Didn’t get a lot but some of what we needed. Now I think I’ll set the timer and do the jigsaw puzzle for a bit and then vacuum the downstairs and make up the bed in the back bedroom.

Michele NC
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Greetings from sunny & chilly & breezy SW WA State.

Fae - I enjoyed the link you posted yesterday about good & bad calories. When I saw it, I was in the midst of rereading Dr. Jason Fung's "The Obesity Code" where he goes into details about how differently our bodies metabolize 1000 calories of a food comprised of mainly fat & protein v. 1000 calories of 2 big pieces of chocolate cake with icing, for example. I understand better how keto works and how bad simple sugars are for our livers.

I also listened to a lot of "Intermittent Fasting Stories" podcasts and was reminded about the benefits of drinking hot water. When I get up super early, it's usually due to some sinus pain and a cup or two of black coffee does the trick getting that cleared up. But, coffee makes my stomach jumpy, especially black which is how I like it. So yesterday, and this morning, I drank my coffee then switched to hot water with a little baking soda (to counteract the coffee acid) and a pinch of salt. The rest of yesterday was hot water with a pinch of salt only when I wanted something to drink. Wow, that's my new favorite. Great way to stave off hunger until mealtime (I am trying real hard to stop the all day eating/snacking) Plus it gets me drinking more water and doesn't trigger the "I gotta go tinkle every 10 minutes" business like tea and coffee do.

Is it just me or do the ladies in this group have the most adorable kids and grandkids ever?? <3Kelly's Joaquin & Miguel, Karen's Olivia & Phoenix, Tracey's & Heather's grands... I know I've missed some. Thanks everyone for posting them, they sure brighten my day!

Barbara - when did you sneak into my house and take a picture of my spare bedroom??? Between that and my DH's cluttered shop, I have to fight the urge to order a dumpster. One of these days.... on the plus side, our thrift store is now taking donations so I'm transferring piles into bags and boxes.

Heading out for a walk with my neighbor at 10, the wind is picking up and it's just gotten up to 32 outside. Road is clear - no frost. Our noses will be dripping but that's a good thing - washes out allergens and viruses if any are lurking.

Make it a fabulous day!! :D

Lanette B)
    Gorgeous SW WA State

• grandmallie
    Options
    Well i got the laundry in the dryer ,and got the leaves off the patio..
    Watching Ina Garten the Barefoot Contessa and waiting on the dryer..
    I did order a 4 ft lighted gingerbread man to put on my patio over the holidays..
    I am in the back of the condo complex so not alot of people will see him except for the ones who walk there dogs.. but ill know he is there..
    Sorta need something festive but not overly.so
  • Faetta
    Options
    Lanette I have a cup of full-strength black coffee, drink it down half then refill with hot water and continue doing this for several diluted cups and when it is weak, I mix in hot chocolate and find this really kills the acid. I have a very high acid system, always have, (it is the reason my teeth eroded away), and find this never bothers my stomach and always keeps me regular. It also helps my throat since I have a hiatal hernia. I always drink a 20% protein all organic vegetable shake first thing after rising. Then I take my antiviral med with oil capsule vitamins D3, E, and Flaxseed oil and rosehip vitamin C pills with water. That really puts my system ready for the acid to follow. That morning shake is a healthy way to protect your stomach.

Fae in the PNW
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,199 Member
    Options
    Tracey - I love that they are so excited about clothes. Bea went through a swirly skirt phase. It got to be just a rag. :p They seem to live in leggings these days. My elder son would only wear a military style shirt and black cords when he was around 8. I had to wash and dry it overnight! :D Style is life! B)

Watched 'Strictly' while I rowed and cycled. Notched up a bonus 350 calories.

.Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Fae- Your breakfast is remarkably similar to mine. I have ½ cup 2% cottage cheese topped with blueberries that I grow myself. I use a scoop to measure my portion of the cottage cheese, and a small glass cup to defrost my frozen berries. :star:

(((Heather)))- Sorry to hear about your head cold. Peter Rabbit’s mom recommends Chamomile Tea for a cold. I prefer Peppermint Tea. I’m sure they both work well. :flowerforyou: Your house projects will make a big difference in your home and your happiness level. :star:

Karen in VA- Olivia and Phoenix are charming!!! :heart:

SuziQ- Your comments about your car gave me a little push to get our cars serviced. I’m dragging my feet for a couple of reasons—the car dealer is in a town with many more Covid cases than here, and it is a long drive. There might be a possibility closer. Keeping my fingers crossed. :star:

Lisa- I am so happy to see your post!!!!! Your grandchildren are as cute as cute can be. :bigsmile:

Machka- Congratulations on a wonderful cycling day! :flowerforyou:

Tracy- I love the photos of your grandchildren! :heart:

Barbie- Congrats on a good day! :bigsmile:

Heather- Our time shifts on November 1. :star:

Barbara- Your comment that kids do “say the darndest things” reminded me of Art Linkletter. The internet says he was born in Canada. I used to watch his show with my mom, WAY back when. It is a good memory. :bigsmile:

We have a sunny morning today with wind blowing down the river. The water is currently on the very shallow side. We live in an area that is affected by tides and also hydroelectric dams much farther upstream that use the river water to produce electricity.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Faetta
    Options
    Katla I envy those blueberries. I used to pick and dry huckleberries when I was in the mountains. I have also had strawberries in the past that add to any breakfast. Those homegrown blueberries would be amazing in Nancy's whole milk yogurt that has a touch of honey in it. We have such quality foods grown in Oregon. I also love blackberries and raspberries and used to buy them before they shut down the farmers market. I miss those Saturday mornings so badly. Art, crafts, music, and homegrown food. I always allowed myself a big piece of locally made gooey fudge. I was like a mama pig in choice mud.

Fae lost in yesteryear
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    Faetta wrote: »
    Katla I envy those blueberries. I used to pick and dry huckleberries when I was in the mountains. I have also had strawberries in the past that add to any breakfast. Those homegrown blueberries would be amazing in Nancy's whole milk yogurt that has a touch of honey in it. We have such quality foods grown in Oregon. I also love blackberries and raspberries and used to buy them before they shut down the farmers market. I miss those Saturday mornings so badly. Art, crafts, music, and homegrown food. I always allowed myself a big piece of locally made gooey fudge. I was like a mama pig in choice mud.

Fae lost in yesteryear

I love home grown blackberries and raspberries too- For blackberries, I go up to my parents and pick as much as I want, usually with my dad next to me picking and talking- LOVE IT!! He has two 100ft rows of thornless blackberries so no getting torn up when picking.
    For raspberries, I wanted fresh ones so planted a couple plants about 4 yrs ago. They are now taking over part of my front yard. LOVE going out, picking a bowl full or just eating right off the plant- This year I actually got enough to make a very small batch of jam which I shared with mom- And also some plants I started for them, in exchange for some of dad's black berry plants(one survived but didnt produce and the other didn't make it- husband helped with the transplanting and I think cut the main root- oh well, I will get more this winter)
    I have two blue berry bushes- no berries yet but hopefully next summer they will produce.
    Have strawberries but raspberries kind of crowded them out. Need to dig up and share the raspberry plants again.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Faetta
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Oregon Black Bra and Panty Scandal

Did you know Doc Severson was born and grew up in rural Oregon just upriver from many of the ladies on this thread? Also, that was the home of the nationally famous black bra and panty scandal. The town's first female mayor, Carmen, posed by the town's fire engine in bra and panties and posted it on her Facebook (prior to being elected) and was removed from office by the good old boys. To support her I also posed by my friend's private red pumper fire truck in a black bra and panties and posted it on my Facebook, but no one cared, sigh! I did get a few old guys to donate to her defense fund.

Fae
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Fae- your a hoot girl!! Love it....
    Just talked to my brother he is 10 min from home and juat so ready to be there ,he is just worn out.. i told him go unload the car get in a hot shower and ger some jammies on and relax...
    I am feeling the effects of the fall more today rhan yesterday and am quite sore...thia is where I wish i had a tub.. all i have is a walk in shower and i used to love soaking in a nice hot bath..
    Only time i ever get to do that is if i stay at a hotel... which wont be anytime in the near future thats for sure..
    I had some frozen stouffers meals in my freezer that were on sale so i brought them down to my son and then went and filled the gas tank and came home...
    Will get in some jammies and relax for the rest of the evening.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,067 Member
    Options
    Katla- may i suggest Vermont Country Store.. check them out online.. they might have something like what you are looking for.
    Geesh I got a disagree for the Christmas Bird count.. honest I thought there at least used to be one.

Say what??? Not again!!!

I suggest that you totally ignore any disagrees. They’re mostly random inadvertent accidentally scan throughs. And if they’re not, then they’re not worth taking under your notice.

People should have the 🏀 🏀 🏀 to say if they have a problem with a post and not hide behind an anonymous <disagree> JMHO!!!