WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2020

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited October 2020
    Beth
    Ouchy place to have surgery, under the front teeth. The hard palate is full of nerve endings. Yowsers. I hope your dad does well and gets good news.

Tracey
    What a cute pup Ember is!

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Tracy: We had very low water in the Columbia River all summer. There is a lot of ship and barge traffic between the ocean and the ports of Portland & Vancouver Washington. The up river dams above Portland were being careful to let down just enough water for river traffic. The Columbia River originates in Canada.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Sue, I’m delighted to see your post. It has been awhile. I’m sorry about the damages to your shelter. I hope insurance comes through promptly and you’re able to repair or replace it. 🌹
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Tracey – I find that doing the jigsaw puzzle keeps me out of the kitchen and not night snacking, which I’m very good for.

I don’t know why, but last night I was very stressed. About what? I have not a clue. Ember reminds me so much of Shep. Congrats

Steve is coming her this Monday, probably on his way to his place in FL for the winter. But I’m wondering what to give him or even have him make. I’m thinking a lasagna for the day when he’s supposed to get here since you never know about traffic. He’s probably be here for 2 nights. I already bought ice cream since I know he likes ice cream and I made a cake and some cookies. That should be enough desserts. I know he likes the tater tots and corn so I got that. But what meats to make? I wonder about a pork tenderloin. It does come out really moist in the IP. Remember, Vince doesn’t like soups. So I try to make things that Vince’ll eat too. I know if I had to make a separate dinner for Vince, Steve would feel bad. Any ideas anyone?

Went to WalMart yesterday. We were re-spray painting some of the PVC pipes for the “fence” because some of them got faded from the sun. Unfortunately, WM didn’t have the exact same stuff so I got what they had. Only it doesn’t say on the can that it adheres to plastic. Vince is going to try one can and we shall see how it goes. He’s on a list to be informed when the store gets it in stock. But if they don’t get it in stock before we need it again, I went to Home Depot and while the paint they have in fluorescent orange doesn’t say specifically that it’s for plastics, the website for the company says that it is.

Michele
    Who’s hand is really itching which is what woke her up.
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    B)
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: dogs to powerline, pack up bedding for donation, livestreamed church.
    Bonus: wrapped up September firehall meeting, stroll with T and Shadow, vacuumed.
    Get to do: filing, veg prep, submit grant pics and receipts, firehouse best practices survey, take pics of car, test Bluetooth speaker so can do BB&B or T’ai Chi from voice recordings, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Nothing but You, Shake it like that, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right); prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; weed drive again, finish weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup. figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, Monday: call Progressive adjustor, shop for part D, vote, firehall for postings and minutes to history. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments
    Self Care October
    25: Plan a fun or exiting activity to look forward to: Stroll with T after church.

Asked Joe to help me fold the fitted sheet. When he walked in, he jokingly said “You’re room is a MESS!” Fortunately I’d had tea and plenty of time to wake up, so was able to laugh and enjoy the joke. Not much progress, but packed up the linens to go with the mattress and scratched out enough space for one of the elevated training beds. Tracey it is really claustrophobic in here. Will try to use that to motivate me to keep at it.

Had a lovely stroll with T and Shadow. Hope this gets to be a habit.

Fae was thinking just what KJ said about you chronicling your lifestory. Just WOW. As for Joe, he still obstinately refuses any suggestion of cool or warm compresses, with or without buckwheat pad [sigh] or helmet :laugh:
    Lanette “…sneak in…” :laugh: Thanks for commiserating!
    Terri wow that is a beautiful “doodle.” ditto your comment about people lacking courage, loved the basketballs.
    Katla, Art Linkletter, yes that was the source, and it sure was a good show. Is it just nostalgia or was TV kinder/gentler back then?
    Beth, prayers for your dad, for your son’s return to the group residence, for safe travels to/from Nashville.
    Michele could the two small blisters indicate a spider bite?

Freddie’s didn’t have any oranges, so I picked up a red grapefruit. Then I remembered doc saying not to drink grapefruit juice with the Atorvastatin he prescribed in August, for high cholesterol & peripheral vascular disease. Googled grapefruit and Atorvastatin, learned that a little (less than 1.5 litre!) juice is ok but more can increase the side effects. What side effects? Joint and limb pain among others. Aha! Thought it was the once-in-a-while dancing on concrete that was killing my hips and legs. Now I believe it’s the Atorvastatin, the timing is spot on. Will ask the doc to recheck in Nov to see if 3 months have made a difference, so I can assess the benefit vs risk. Hate groaning every time I get up out of a chair. Makes it hard to be active. Does anyone know of alternative therapies for PVD?

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    October: better than September.
    daily: sit with Joe: 25, weigh: 24, steps>5491=6292 vits=25 log=25 CI<CO=24 CI<250<CO=18 Tumble & Shadow 5=28 mfp=25 outside=24 up hill=23
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3= rx=4 dance=1 clean 30 mins=6
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant=1 20for20=
    bonus: AF=16 play= sew=0
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Morning ladies
    Up before the birds
    Katla- yes i had some jasmine sleepy time tea and a bottle of water so getting a bit more in..
    Going to be chilly today but thats ok
    So glad my brother is finally home,im hoping Jean doesnt send him over the edge since she isnt working..
    I am hoping he gets a day or 2 of downtime before he gets put to work..
    Will go pick up Homer after i stop at the lab .he likes hanging out with mom..I dont know what Tom will do when its time for Homer to cross the rainbow bridge.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    Morning all. It’s a clear bright morning so this will be quick.
    Endless rain and really heavy cloudbursts. Parts of Brighton have had flash floods. OK here.
    The window cleaner is coming tomorrow, but the windows are clean through all the rain! :o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

That band passed through here overnight. Looking at the Current weather patterns some clear skies are coming your way.

Machka: Having a comfie bed has been a priority for us both for quite some time. It’s always a joy to come home to. 🛌
    Beth: Positive thoughts for a successful outcome for the biopsy.

Tracey: I always find art/crafts an absorbing activity. I also do jigsaws on my iPad. Great calming activities.

Gotta get outside and make the best of the sunshine.

🕊 Pax vobiscum 🕊
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Fae was here and up to date
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,820 Member
    Michele- two small blisters- Could it be poison ivy? or poison oak? A few years back, I had two small blisters on my hand/wrist that itched enough to wake me up at night (because I was scratching so hard). It ended up being poison ivy. But by the time the doc figured it out, the rash had spread up my arm and the blisters were the size of baseballs. They thought I had spilled hot oil on my arm. I needed an antibiotic and steroid for a month to get it under control. Misery! Have Vince pick the menu; as he sounds like the pickier eater.
    Beth- Thinking of you, as you get your oldest son settled.

A great day, yesterday! I cleaned the outside of my house yesterday. No power washer; just "power me", hot bleach water, a scrubbie, a ladder, and the hose. It took about three hours, but I got the soffit, fascia, and eves cleaned as well. The house is sparkling and as it is going to be in the 50s this upcoming weekend, my plan is to get my Christmas lights and wreath up! Won't be turning them on for a few weeks, but they will be up.

Talented ladies!- We have so many talented women on this site! I would love to see a picture or read a description of your work/talent! We have writers, singers/musicians, woodworkers, cricut artists, sewers, crochet/knitters, bakers/cooks, floral arrangers, jewelry makers, ornament makers...the list is endless. Show me your stuff! I will try to find my talent (other than raising small children) and post some pics.

Love and hugs to you all! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,280 Member
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    The house is sparkling and as it is going to be in the 50s this upcoming weekend, my plan is to get my Christmas lights and wreath up! Won't be turning them on for a few weeks, but they will be up.

Love and hugs to you all! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

Our Christmas lights are up. I texted the guy we use to put them up on Friday and asked him to add me to his list, and he said he would be here on Sunday (yesterday). I'm not thrilled as it is WAY too early (we don't have to worry about super cold weather KJ), but I'm guessing he needed the cash. Either way, the lights are up and we have them all unplugged until we deem it time to turn them on, probably Thanksgiving, but with the pandemic, it might be earlier to brighten peoples evenings.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    BETH

You and your family are in my prayers!

2b6b3qbu42hd.png
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Barbara
    What is an elevated training bed?

Tracey
    What a sweet looking pup! He looks like he will be a large dog as he grows.

Allie
    Good luck with the jug being full enough for the doctor. You've had to do this quite a bit.

Kelly & Sue
    You ladies are be commended for all the hard work you do around your homes.

Carol in GA

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    :)Michele, How about cooking to please Vince and you and just be sure that you've accommodated your guest's allergies.

:)Tracey, what a darling pup.

:)Barbara just do a little every day and that room will get fixed up without you getting stressed.

:)Sue, sorry to hear about the storm damage.

:)Kelly, I worked with young children for over 30 years and can say with certainty that by comparison, knitting, is a breeze.

:)Kate, can you go to the grocery store during the lockdown? Going to the grocery store and walking in your beautiful neighbourhood would be enough for me.

<3 Barbie in NW WA