Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    >:)o:)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    From Action for Happiness ...

"Life is far from perfect, but there are lots of reasons for optimism. Setting positive goals for the future gives our lives a sense of direction and purpose. And although we face many challenges there are also lots of reasons to stay hopeful. By consciously choosing our priorities we can overcome issues, make progress and focus on what really matters."

45msr0bdhq8o.png
    https://www.actionforhappiness.org/optimistic-october

Oct 23 - Write down 3 specific things that have gone well recently

The weekend's cycling events.
    Resigning from a committee.
    Starting to relax.

Oct 24 - Recognise that you have a choice about what to prioritise

I do now!

Remember those slider games? Prior to finishing university, my life felt like a slider game with all the spaces full so that I could not shift anything or prioritise anything. I just had to do all the stuff wedged into my day. Now that I've removed university and have resigned from a committee, I feel like there is a bit more space so I can shift things around and prioritise better.
    1c0gdw9rb86f.png

Oct 25 - Plan a fun or exciting activity to look forward to

I'm looking forward to working on my website AND doing more exercise!

Oct 26 - Start the week by writing down your top priorities and plans

I had a look at my calendar yesterday. Nicely empty. :)

Oct 27 - Be kind to yourself today. Remember that progress takes time

Getting there.

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    Options
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    REBECCA gorgeous photos

Kate UK ❤️
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,494 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: dogs to powerline, filing.
    Bonus paid cable bill, command hook organized laundry and kitchen, 3 load laundry, changed linens, pruned ficus, dusted, vacuumed, called Dr’s office..
    Get to do: veg prep, firehouse best practices survey, submit grant pics and receipts, study voter pamphlet, vote, take pics of car, test Bluetooth speaker so can do BB&B or T’ai Chi from voice recordings, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Nothing but You, Shake it like that, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right); prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; weed drive again, finish weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup. figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, Wednesday: call Progressive adjustor, shop for part D, vote, firehall for postings and minutes to history. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments
    Self Care October
    26: write down top priorities & plans: Priority 1: sit with Joe, Priority 2: dogs to power line and training games.

On alphabetizing spices and underwear origami: paid cable bill, command hook organized laundry and kitchen, 3 loads laundry, changed linens, pruned ficus, dusted, vacuumed, filing, does that tell you how much I resist sorting/purging/decluttering? :laugh:

Kate your autumn pics make me feel as if I were there. Can almost smell the leaves. Amazing socks!
    KJ power washing house, building egg carton space ships, turning your kitchen into a beach, those are some v. impressive talents!
    Machka how good it is to see you relaxing! Beautiful photo. “What husbands hear…” ROTFLMAOWMP!
    Carol this is Shadow on her elevated training bed.
    cx0ydu6mdlfb.jpg
    Tumble’s is the same size, but blue, and made of “cooling” fabric, but I haven’t yet carved out space for it. Helps to teach calming behaviours, sit, down, stay, wait etc. Keeping Shadow here in the office with me, staying on the bed while I “compute”, lets me catch her if she licks at the granuloma. If she does, ON goes the cone o’shame for an hour. If not, frequent “Good!”s and treats. Lots of fun with two dogs, soon as Tumble hears Shadow get a treat, in she comes ;)
    jzzdyjopxdnk.jpg
    Lisa Wow. Just oh WOW.
    Barbie thanks for the “just a little bit every day” encouragement. Much needed. :love: your knitting, and your comment to KJ about caring for small children ;)
    Fae didn’t that moss ITCH? :love: the guitar!
    Katla Roy Rogers and Trigger. Oh how I loved that golden palomino!
    Allie hoping “3rd time is the charm” ;)
    Rita :love: the little green man on your hat!
    Michele hope your hand heals quickly.
    Terri That is some stunning lace. Is it cutwork?
    Rebecca “Bailey’s chips” Thanks a lot! Just what I needed :noway:

Two tablecloths, one twinsheet, one clock radio and a crystal decanter in the “to be donated” box so far. Deleted the word “Only” from the beginning of this sentence, any progress is progress. ;)

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    October: better than September.
    daily: sit with Joe: 26, weigh: 26, steps>5491=4571 vits=26 log=26 CI<CO=25 CI<250<CO=19 Tumble & Shadow 5=30 mfp=26 outside=25 up hill=24
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3= rx=4 dance=1 clean 30 mins=8
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant=1 20for20=
    bonus: AF=17 play= sew=0
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,235 Member
    Options
    Been out in the drizzle to the doc for a second blood test. Very nice nurse.
    I woke up really early this morning, feeling very dreary. Weather not helping and covid numbers going up fast locally. We are still under the national average, but . . . . . .
    Cheered up after some Spanish videos. Feeling ok now, but trying to get a friend or two to chat is proving difficult. All busy, busy. :(
    I'm giving myself a day off today. Might row after lunch, but going to the doc broke my routine. I'm a creature of habit.
    Lovely pics Rebecca.
    Thank you for your kind words Barbie. <3 I do have a lot of talents, but patience isn't one of them. ;)
    I think that's why cooking suits me. It's relatively quick.
    Having sauerkraut, cabbage, bacon and smoked sausage tonight.
    Love Heather UK
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,352 Member
    Options
    B)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Athena is so adorable!

I LOVE seeing the creativity in this group! Spectacular!

Karen in Virginia
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    The discipline of Fae Sas She is just wrong! First, it takes my name and now it is kicking my butt.

Fae in the wild west
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,167 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Hi all. I just spent an hour writing out my 🎃 Optimist October 🎃 thoughts then I hit refresh instead of post. However it was a very enjoyable activity.

28. Be kind to your self today. Remember that progress takes time.
    I have been very kind to myself this morning. I started with a meditation, I did some indoor walking to get my brain working and my blood pumping, I had a lovely healthy breakfast, and I'm now sitting with a cup of coffee brought to me by DH. I plan to do some art or craft work later on as it's a wet day. I have already completed most of my daily chores so the day is mine.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,714 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Im awake but its a dreary day.. of course i get 2 texts 1 from each kid,Ma can you...
    So I have to pick up my son at noon from work and drop my granddaughter off at school tomorrow at 9-9:30 as it is a late start day..
    I do what i have to do
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Barbara Not if you leave the area natural. A bikini wax or shave would not be advisable. I only did this a few times while on my girl in harmony with nature quest. It wasn't a monthly ritual.

Rebecca Athena is so cute and photogenic. The setting and the mother with her hat and dress really speaks to me. Just beautiful!

Heather Well, you have more patience than me if you like cooking. I hate cooking because once eaten that is it. I guess one reason I liked doing sourdough was you could keep it going for years. I don't even have the patience for microwaving. I will eat cold leftovers before I take the time to warm it up. Your desire and ability to learn other language impresses me. My father was fluent in 7 languages and my mother 3. I struggle with one, English! All these years involved with Spanish guitar and music and I cannot even carry on a basic conversation.

M in Oz Nothing easy about technical writing. I took on a job many years ago writing assembly manuals for an electronics kit making company and it was hard even though I had schooling in electronics engineering. Probably the hardest was writing the studies in neuro-otology concerning the zoster virus in articles that patients could understand. Also the one on how zoster virus damage can mimic MS. The easiest was writing craft kit assembly manuals. I can tell by your writing here, you do have a talent for that.

Fae off for guitar practice
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,167 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Barbara: It's parchment craft, done on special parchment paper, embossed then cut out in places.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rebecca- I love the photos of Athena and her mom & dad. :bigsmile:

Barbara- I loved Roy Rogers and Trigger, too. When I was a child my Auntie took me to see Roy and Trigger in the Portland Rose Parade. :heart: When Trigger passed away, Roy had Trigger stuffed. Later, after Roy passed away, his family sold Trigger to the owner of RFD-TV. RFD-TV has him on display. :star:

Heather- CoVID cases in Oregon have increased. There were 7 new cases reported in the county where we live, and more new cases in many other counties. :cry: Oregonians have been encouraged to avoid trick or treat. I have a moderate stock of candy for trick or treaters in our neighborhood. I may wind up having it all in my freezer. I’ve been considering doing a bit of reverse trick or treating—going door to door in my neighborhood and leaving candy at each one. I’m not sure whether I’ll follow through on that notion. :ohwell:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    I used to weave and sew and knit, and I still knit from time to time. I own a lot of yarn!

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,714 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Well i ventured out...went to see a friend who made me a succulent container.. she just lost her significant other to lymphoma..and while he was in the hospital she had over 40,000 worth of water damage to her home.. her daughter moved to Colorado. So she is alone with her pup.. she and her sister and brother run a well established nursery and hardware place the next town over...
    I am waiting to go pick my son up at noon..
    Jean said she will work Thursday so that gives me 1 day a week to work.. will start looking for something else.