Less Alcohol - NOVEMBER 2020 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    @globalhiker I was thinking about picking up a bottle of wine for Thanksgiving but husband killed the urge by bringing up football, which just means he gets to be a beached whale while I take care of everything, just like every other day around here. Why should Thanksgiving be any different? Anyway, I will join you...!!!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options
    CMB44512 wrote: »
    Room for another? I have been off and on MFP for a few years. Stumbled in here once or twice, fell out of shape, out of will power and started drinking more than I should.
    Thinking getting close to 40 and I don't need to be in shape any longer or care anymore.
    Holidays coming up and that makes me want to drink more.

Welcome again @CMB44512. We always have room for more. Come on in. I recall your user name, but not when you commented last.

There is no age cut off for not staying in shape or for not wanting to care about your over all health and well being. If that were true, I would have thrown in the towel at age 12. I see from your profile page you are only 37? You have a very long way to go before thinking about giving up.

Tag along here, you can read along or let us know what you need a nudge in. I am sure our other contributors can give plenty of support and guidance as well.

Consider this your Day One. 😊
  • brittgreenlikethecolor88
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    @brittgreenlikethecolor88 how awesome to hear you back in here posting again. It is so easy to have a habit become something that has a mind of it's own. A little bit a re-thnking and accountability with alcohol will help the pounds disappear.

Thank you MissMay! :)
  • LoveyChar
    Options
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    MissMay wrote: »
    My thought is that I myself, will keep any drink on Thanksgiving to a limit of one or two max.

@Lilylady3k what brand coffee is that peppermint mochayou were drinking?

I plan to also keep any wine on Thanksgiving to 2 max ... glasses not bottles.

I bought the seasonal Starbucks ground coffee at the grocery that they offer this time of year that I've always wanted to try but never bought since DH will only drink plain coffee in the morning and not the flavored coffees. Since I'm drinking my flavored coffee in the afternoon & evening off and on instead of alcohol ... I decided to buy them all!

Starbucks
    • Cinnamon Dolce
    • Fall Blend
    • Peppermint Mocha
    • Holiday Christmas Blend

My kids got me a Fortnum & Mason Tea Lover's Advent Calendar for my birthday! I'm looking forward to Dec 1
    38584gyoi6xj.jpg

You'll have to give us critiques, would love to hear your opinions of the coffees. That's a sweet gift, pretty pot and cup!
  • LoveyChar
    Options
    Thanks @LoveyChar I totally welcome your support.....wait I thought Texas men were in charge of the cooking (BBQ Turkey?)....

My Kansas City husband is doing a whole turkey on the charcoal grill. He buys the natural one without the additives and will inject it with his own concoction. I think he uses the grill to smoke the turkey lightly. Totally awesome with trader joes fresh cranberry sauce. So good there's no need for any starchy side dishes. We go right from that to dessert :)

He's from Wisconsin, born and raised, and does not know how to barbecue anything like a native Texan, lacks the patience and he has never experimented with sauce recipes. We love eating barbecue, though. We've tried most of the ones on Diners, Drive-ins, and Divesbut our favorite one has never made it on that show!
  • mainelylisa
    mainelylisa Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    @globalhiker I'm in for the after Turkey before Santa dry-out!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Yes @mainelylisa my tree dropped all leaves in that wicked wind last night.
    I like your term DRY OUT for the between holiday drink fasting.
    I like not to have anything on the actual day so I will use Nov 26 - Dec 23 as my 28 AF days
    Turkey Eve and Christmas Eve I will indulge within a reasonable responsible amount.