Less Alcohol - NOVEMBER 2020 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Careful, Dawn...surely you remember being a teenager...they are immune to bad happenings...
    Looks like such fun !!
  • mainelylisa
    mainelylisa Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Work is finally slowing down so I'm getting time to read back through the thread.
    @dawnbgethealthy You are such an inspiration with your words, adventures, and photos. And accountability. Thank you so much for sharing with us!
    @lilylady3k Torchi Tacos??? From the restaurant? I NEED MEX! I wonder if the gas station in Rockport has fresh jalapenos. :D I'm sorry about the family and TGiving. I had my realization about 2 weeks ago--no kids for TGiving or Christmas. Went outside to cry alone in the snow (country song to be written and sung by @dawnbgethealthy?????)
    @brittgreenlikethecolor88 Suggest to your mom to just inject canned cranberries with vodka instead of messing with Jello. Might just make them palatable. :p
    @forestdweller1 I'm with MissMay--could we please have a peek at your antique wine rack?
    @samand303 We did Instacarte for first time last week and were pretty pleased. I tried to stock up about a month ago at BJ's warehouse to minimize store runs, got the wrong canned tomato cases and giant rice bags (picky DH), and discovered they haven't taken back returned food items since March (supposedly have signs posted--saw none)
    @globalhiker Covid Anxiety is real. I think to not feel it at all is problematic. You are inspirational in alleviating it with a run or hike rather than a nip. I'm gonna give that a try today!
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    AF again last night! Nov accountability: 13/23 days AF

@MissMay ((HUGS)) for your friend to recover healthy so that ya'll can again get up to your shenanigans.

@globalhiker Never heard of drinksgiving and definitely don't want to participate in a bar surrounded by people getting drunk during a pandemic.

@dawnbgethealthy Stay safe on the ice and enjoy. But I agree kids just feel immortal and daring. But maybe that is not a bad thing ... "enjoy life now" as @MissMay stated.

@mainelylisa If you've not had Torchy's Tacos then you've just not had tacos! Nothing like them. Drive on back down to Texas! Since cutting carbs I found out I can order them in a bowl without the tortilla ... so cool and tasty. My current favorite is Crossroads (Smoked beef brisket with grilled onions, jalapenos, cilantro, jack cheese & a slice of avocado with tomatillo sauce).

• looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,305 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    It is 5:20am here in Southern California... and now I want to try some of Torchy's Tacos! ;) Not hungover either o:) Nearest one is in Denver, CO... if I had only known, we were there a year ago! Maybe one of my cousins will overnight some to us!
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Well if you are ever at Torchy's Tacos make sure to ask for the Secret Menu and also about the Taco of the Month.

https://torchystacos.com/menu/secret-menu/

Next time I go I'm planning to try their December taco of the month ... Naughty Santa: grilled shrimp, chorizo, pickled onions, jack cheese, avocado, cilantro & poblano sauce.

If you don't have a Torchy's nearby then the menu gives you plenty of ideas for creating something new at home for a change of pace!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options
    FRITOS bag salad. Yes a real thing and delish.
  • mainelylisa
    mainelylisa Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    And this was real for me every Tuesday in the elementary lunch cafeteria. The Cafeteria Ladies loved slicing that bag open almost as much as I enjoyed devouring it. I'm not sure how I have low blood pressure after 55 yrs of sodium buildup. I hope we feed our kids better than this at school today, but something tells me not.
    https://www.eater.com/2016/4/3/11326520/frito-pie-explained
    (BTW, if you click on this, curious if you get an ad at the top for wine subscription. Or whether it's just me. :-))
  • MissMay
    Options
    I only just discovered this delightful food Fritos taco salad last December at 60 years old.
    What rock have I been living under? Lol
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    EEW....fritos taco salad sounds ikky! I once saw a TV program showing guys in jail making that. You can't sell me on this one. No way Jose.

Torchy's sounds better :)
  • MissMay
    Options
    EEW....fritos taco salad sounds ikky! I once saw a TV program showing guys in jail making that. You can't sell me on this one. No way Jose.

Torchy's sounds better :)

THANK YOU FOR THIS REACTION I needed to good laugh.