Relapsers getting Real Healthy Accountability group- 2020-2021

Replies

• melichalupa
    melichalupa Posts: 297 Member
    Hello All
    Checking in:
    It’s been a rollercoaster ride since last week, but I have managed to reduce some of these refined carbohydrates and I had veggie lettuce wraps last night. I am starting a December workout challenge with a coworker friend of mine and I am going to see if it is right for me. If not... I am going to do a 30 day HITT challenge.
    My hope is to get down to maybe 165 (5lbs less) so I can start 2021 right and maybe start looking into IUI to make our first baby by mid/late 2021.
    Wishing everyone the best in this new month.
  • louisejen5918
    louisejen5918 Posts: 66 Member
    @NikaIris you are not alone with your secret snacking. It used to be chocolate but now it's grapes, so the kids don't eat them instead 🤣
  • louisejen5918
    louisejen5918 Posts: 66 Member
    Checking in.
    The problem with getting up early, is that I am awake too long and want the eat more!! Weekends are easier as I can sleep until lunchtime 🤣
    Discipline needed.
    My plan is to drink lots of cups of tea to get my fluid intake.
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    ClearNotCloudyMind Posts: 238 Member
    So my Achilles heel is biscuits. I utterly love them, and have accepted that I have no control over my intake once I get started.

Today after donating blood the lovely ladies were very insistent that I have something to eat from the biscuit-and-chocolate table. I went for a packet of mini-cheddars which turned out to be their biggest snack, which was a rotten miscalculation.

However the mini cheddars were salty and not sweet which means I’ve not officially broken my no-biscuit streak. And having pre-logged supper, I swapped a wrap for a taco and finished the family meal sated and under my calories for the day. Rather proud of myself!
  • jecboston
    jecboston Posts: 5 Member
    I'm Jane. I just joined MFP a few minutes ago! My main goal is to find people who want to commit to virtual workouts. This could mean doing the same workout on our own screens or even doing different ones. I've found a bunch of free classes online and I feel great when I do them but I rarely get motivated unless I've promised someone I'd be there. If this is the wrong place to post this, I apologize!
  • HealthyTrent
    HealthyTrent Posts: 157 Member
    Hi all! just checking in. I got 17k steps yesterday and almost 13k today. My eating today was really good - yesterday was so-so, but I made up for the little bit of extra calories I ate by getting the extra steps in.

@louisejen5918 - that's a lot of fluids! Great job - that's one thing I definitely need to get better at.

@ClearNotCloudyMind, @Nikalris, & @jecboson - welcome!

@melichalupa - glad to see you checking back in. I'm on a similar timeline with trying to conceive, though I'm hoping to get started more in the April timeline. I did 7 IUIs that were unsuccessful this year so I'm moving on to IVF in 2021.

@2016goalreached - That's kind of you to check in as to why I had a sad day last weekend. I was widowed a little over a year ago - 2019 was a really crappy year for me. Living and working from home alone during the pandemic while trying to adjust to my new life situation has been difficult. Some days are okay, others are harder - but I'm trying to learn to not cope with food.
  • NikaIris
    NikaIris Posts: 42 Member
    Yesterday I didn't walk as much as I wanted to, but since it was a tuesday we had cookies in our meeting (it's a thing) and usually I can't resist cookies and probably eat ten. But yesterday I took one and promised myself it wouldn't be more than that. And I really only took the one. :) Very proud of myself for that.

@HealthyTrent Wow, 17k is amazing! I struggle to get in 10k!

@louisejen5918 It's similar for me, but in the evenings. I'm usually very good until dinner at around 6pm and then I start to have cravings and would love to stuff my face for the rest of the evening. The earlier I go to bed, the better it is. :wink:

@melichalupa I'm really grateful for your thread! I am a total relapser and I love that I'm not the only one who struggles with that and also to have you guys for accountability. :blush:
  • HealthyTrent
    Woohoo - starting my day off good. I pre-planned & logged my meals/snacks and I've got a big thermos of ice water with some fresh lemon juice for flavor at my desk.
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    As someone who has been down this road before, I’m finding myself very mistrustful of the ease with which it is happening this time. Keeping within my calorie goal is trivial and I feel well fed. It’s too easy, so pleasure in my success to date is rather spoiled by a belief that it’s not “real”.

This group will understand if anyone will... what is it that makes THIS time different? When can we start to trust our results? How do we know it’s real?
  • HealthyTrent
    This group will understand if anyone will... what is it that makes THIS time different? When can we start to trust our results? How do we know it’s real?

@ClearNotCloudyMind Great questions!!! And oddly, I'm finding it to be "easy" this time for now, as well. I can only answer for myself - I think for me, I will feel comfortable when I repeatedly have "bad days" but then each time pick myself back up the next day and keep on going in the right direction. That's what tends to get me is that I have a really bad day and I'll just let that stop all forward progress - but to develop the ability to move through the bad days and continue in the right direction will really tell me that this is real.
  • melichalupa
    Today was.... not so great. But I am planning on getting back on the workout bandwagon tomorrow. I also am attempting to get rid of this extra stuff my husband keep bringing into the house... who needs three panettone breads???

@HealthyTrent This will be my first time with IUI. I actually put it off for almost 2 years after some devastating fertility news. I needed to heal then start the journey fresh. I am also sorry for your loss, I send you positive healing thoughts.

@ClearNotCloudyMind I think the key to your questions are when can we trust ourselves to accept small successes that lead to our final goals. This isn’t a sprint, it’s a marathon. So I believe the real results you are experiencing are attributed to YOU. Accept, love, and trust yourself. You have gotten yourself here, celebrate you.
  • slxmthxck_
    slxmthxck_ Posts: 3 Member
    I’m literally having the same issue. My body was great until I lost my mind. The first several medications had me gain weight like crazy and definitely does not help my mental heath at all. I finally found the medication that works for me and also found my mind. Kudos to you for still working on finding the right meds!! It feels amazing once you do find the one that works for you
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    Pizza night! Knew it was coming, looked forwards to it, fit it into my calorie target and thoroughly enjoyed it! The local artisan sourdough pizzas barely have any cheese on and lashings of fresh rocket even made it look healthy!

Loving the fact that this fits into a way of living that is getting me closer to my goals every day 🙌. Hope you are all having an equally lovely day (kudos on the steps @HealthyTrent )
  • kathi2587
    kathi2587 Posts: 20 Member
    Hello all, my name is Kathi and I'm looking for some support to get motivated again. About 8yrs ago I lost about 30lbs and slowly regained it all and then some. I've had some injuries back and hip and it had sidelined me for awhile. I'm currently 184lbs (heaviest I've ever been). Since turning 50 2 yrs ago its been so difficult to loose weight and keep it off. Would love to discuss some tips, recipe ideas and just join a community for support. Thanks!
  • Rashmi411
    Rashmi411 Posts: 67 Member
    Hi, all one of my aunt and another of my uncle has been ill. I've been away. I am back. They are ok but will undergo cancer treatment. I pray for them. It makes me realize how precious our health is.
  • HealthyTrent
    @ClearNotCloudyMind - yay for pizza that fits into your goals! sounds tasty.
    @Rashmi411 - I'm so sorry about your aunt and uncle - may they get through treatment successfully and have all the support they need! Cancer sucks - it's what took my wife last year, but I know outcomes can depend so much on type/stage/etc. Some cancers have super high survival rates these days with modern treatments.

Yesterday was a lower activity day for me because I had some stuff to do around the house, but I still managed to get about 8k steps in. I've been doing these meal kits, but I think I'm going to put that on pause the next few weeks and just try putting my meals together myself, because the kits are so carb-heavy. With my PCOS and trying to lose weight, I've heard lowering my carb intake might really help.

Hi to the various newer folks that have joined!! look forward to hearing your check-ins! :smile:
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    @kathi2587 hi! Can’t claim to be in any way an expert but seem to be finding this time easier than previously. The difference is this time I decided at the end of October that if I couldn’t lose 5kg by xmas, I’d seek outside help. The alternative was accepting that I simply cannot control my weight, buying ever larger clothes, and going quietly but swiftly into old(er) age. I chose to give it a go rather than give up.

It’s like a switch went from on to off. Instead of struggling to eat fewer calories, I’m now struggling to work my diary up to my target. There just doesn’t seem to be many calories in normal mealtime foods! I see lovely biscuits and cakes now and know that they’re simply not something I’m going to get involved with. And I walk on by.

I don’t yet trust it, but it’s a load easier than previous times I’ve lost weight. Only time will tell if this is for good. Here’s hoping you find your thing this time! X
  • melichalupa
    I truly hope everyone is being safe out to there. I’m hoping everyone feels in control and can reach their goals. It can be difficult but take a deep breath and start by taking the first step forward. ☀️ Sending light and positivity to you and your families.

Checking in:
    I have gained 3lbs. I know I increased my carbs lately, but have also increased my physical activity. I’m not sure what happened, back to the yo-yo.
    My goal for this coming week is to continue my HIIT exercises and to reduce the carbs and snacking.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend.