WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Rori:))) It is good to see your post! I am sorry that things are so difficult. Medicaid seems like a good resource for your husband. I hope it comes through soon. :heart:

Barbara: I took a photo of my blue drinking glasses but I can’t figure out how to upload it. DH bought the glasses through ebay. I prefer to avoid facebook for uploading. I need lessons. :embarassed:

Lanette: Our old pup is doing very well since his cancer surgery. He doesn’t have pain anymore and is happy and active. He doesn’t need CBD oil or pain pills. :heart: I enjoy the little trees. They’ve all been decorated for years. All I have to do is put them in their spots and plug them in. The living Alberta Spruce tree will be transitioned into the house soon. :star:

Allie: I hope you are doing well and feeling a bit better day by day. :heart:

Faetta: DH had challenges with Amazon Delivery drivers and finally put a sign on the front door telling them to leave the packages. It solved the problem. I took the sign down because it was just a piece of paper and was deteriorating. We haven’t ordered anything lately, but it would probably be a good idea to print the sign again and have it laminated. :wink:

Have a great day.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,962 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Morning ladies
    My life never without drama.. so im sitting in the chair and Matt the nurse said you feel ok and as i was about to say yes went into severe
    AFib and they come with the crah cart hot me in bed put pads on and by then things had settled down a bit,this will im sure slow down my getting home..
    Bless my nurse she found me a nice chair and im all tucked in this morning.
    Well ladies so the Afib dr came in basically a very weak heart which will need a defibrillator and Afib...gave me breathing treatment to stave off pneumonia..girls not looking great they will try and keep me going for a few years.

(((((Allie)))))

Allie, you have a strong will! You will recover! I know 2 people who have only 1/4 of their hearts working, one in 78 YO the other 40 but never gave up. Don’t you date give up!!

Love and prayers for you. Stay strong!

RvRita
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    B)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,095 Member
    Options
    Rori son was on Medicaid. You will need to shelter some of your assets if you can to qualify. Son was able to put his money in what is called an ABLE account. He could only have $3000 in his checking account. He also had to fill out a form yearly. Hope this is a solution for you. You want him to have coverage.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,095 Member
    Options
    Allie my mom had AFIB and lived to 98. She was treated with meds.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,360 Member
    Options
    I have a uti testing kit I ordered from Amazon. :D

Writing my cards has brought up all sorts of old memories. I even dreamt about friends dying last night. I googled my first passionate soul mate a couple of weeks ago and found he died in 2014. He was 20 years older than me to the day.
    Then yesterday the face of an old flame popped up at random on Facebook. "People you might know". I had thought he was already dead, but I decided to Google him this afternoon. He is in a nursing home with vascular dementia. He was 10 years older. :'(
    Time's winged chariot.

I will try to finish my cards tonight. I hope I don't come across any more dead friends.

DH has been working very hard with being a listening ear for his younger daughter who is buying a property. She was after an apartment in Wimbledon, but is worried about all the extra expenses and repair charges. She made another offer for a bungalow, but is completely undecided what to do and terrified of making a mistake. She is single with a job that is far from secure. London properties, even one bedroom, are not cheap!
    She rings him for a chat and he is being soooo patient with her, but it really takes it out of him. Poor man!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I finally won—sort of. This is an old photo of Alberta Spruce. It is currently lighted up sitting outside in the place I plant beans. There is no snow this season. The new tree will be moved into the garage to get ready to come inside by the end of the week. There will be a transition period in the garage before we bring it into the living room to decorate.

I have not managed to photograph & upload the blue glasses. I hope to take on the challenge before long.

Katla In NW Oregon

• charsuzy
    charsuzy Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!

My work schedule today is my "Tuesday" because I have to work Sunday - Thursday this week and I work until midnight. This leaves little free time beforehand to do much or go outside. Next week my schedule changes back to days. Last night I was able to get a 23" Samsung Smart TV set up that was sent to me by a friend I used to work with in Ohio. I live in Washington state. What a surprise!

I hope you all are enjoying this holiday season in the midst of all the chaos and changes going on! It sounds like people are living their lives pretty much as usual! We're getting locked down again and preparing for the 3rd wave of COVID19. Be Safe out there!

💜💥🙏
    charsuzy
    WA state
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,425 Member
    Options
    Hey peeps.

Covid & nasal sprays with Xylitol if interested:
    Studies/research regarding use of nasal sprays with Xylitol to either attack the virus in early stages (at nose & throat stage), lessen impact on the lungs, or as an adjunct to other treatment to speed recovery (the NIH article.)

https://commonsensemedicine.org/information-you-should-know-about-covid-19/?fbclid=IwAR05ZZPJm1212QcbrAuIJIoBwi6zAo6sqgIi0vuqVOeQJJcez_A6T7H8GSM

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7645297/?fbclid=IwAR2YwnPbyxF-EDqO0bsq8znqK8xE754plMMSXKVWrLFXD55e5zKR8ZFCj7M

I just ordered a bottle of Xlear from Amazon, it's probably available in our local drug stores and Wally world. Something to keep on the shelf especially for DH who doesn't eat a very balanced diet or take many vitamins.

Lanette
    SW WA State

• Katla49
    Options
    Lanette: Thanks for the information on Xlear & products with Xylitol. I will go shopping to see what I can find. :flowerforyou:

Katla in NW Oregon
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Hey peeps.

Covid & nasal sprays with Xylitol if interested:
    Studies/research regarding use of nasal sprays with Xylitol to either attack the virus in early stages (at nose & throat stage), lessen impact on the lungs, or as an adjunct to other treatment to speed recovery (the NIH article.)

https://commonsensemedicine.org/information-you-should-know-about-covid-19/?fbclid=IwAR05ZZPJm1212QcbrAuIJIoBwi6zAo6sqgIi0vuqVOeQJJcez_A6T7H8GSM

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7645297/?fbclid=IwAR2YwnPbyxF-EDqO0bsq8znqK8xE754plMMSXKVWrLFXD55e5zKR8ZFCj7M

I just ordered a bottle of Xlear from Amazon, it's probably available in our local drug stores and Wally world. Something to keep on the shelf especially for DH who doesn't eat a very balanced diet or take many vitamins.

Lanette
    SW WA State

I have been using inexpensive saline nasal spray 3-4 times a day since Sept 2019. So far not one cold and only one mild problem with allergies. No studies to show it does anything, but it sure doesn't hurt. It seems that I can breathe deeper and sleep better. I will have to research the Xcvlear.
  • Katla49
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Barbara: I tried to copy the cobalt blue glasses into my post without any luck at all. I was unable to take a good photo. There are several shapes and sizes for sale on amazon. DH advises to start with ebay. The glasses we have were originally from Anchor Hocking. They are ten sided straight wall glasses. We have three sizes. We bought the first two glasses several years ago while on a road trip to see our daughter who then lived in Colorado. :heart:
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Katla
    Your snow covered spruce looks pretty!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,717 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day =

Walk w/family- 2hrs 39min 59sec. 3.13ap. 8.65mi= 870c
    Strava app = 1048c
    Zwift bike trainer- 21.13min, 22.8amph, 8.06mi= 233c
    Strava app = 233c

Total cal 1103
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,392 Member
    Options
    Did a body pump video. Work tomorrow

I just realized that our Christmas (12/19) will be in 2 weeks so this morning I made lemon bars and magic cookie bars. I’d better get going on the holiday baking.

Lanette – thanks for asking about my foot. It’s feeling much much better. You and me both about the buttercream mints

Have to mention to Jess and Colby that we need their lists so we have time to order things and have them delivered and wrapped.

Looks like the lemon bars burned a bit, but I think they can still be salvaged if I just cut off the burned part. But I’m still going to make another batch when we get home from bowling just to be on the safe side Update: I don't like the way they came out, so I'll probably make yet another batch tomorrow (or late tonight)

TSO is having their virtual tour the 17th and Ken and Lynette are going to come here to watch it. Given the pre-concert stuff and Vince needs time to set up, I think we’ll have dinner here. Not sure what I’ll make yet. But I made another batch of the lemon squares. We can have the previous batch for when they are here (those are OK since I cut off the burned edges). I didn’t like the way the magic cookie bars came out so I threw them out and am now making another batch.

Jess and Colby will have chicken, Vince will have the beef barley that we have, and I’ll have tuna that I want to use up. Tomorrow I’ll make Taco spaghetti for Jess and Colby. Work tomorrow. I told Colby that I’m going to have to leave it to him to make his coffee since I won’t be home. Actually, I work Tomorrow, Wed, Thurs, and Sat. phew!

RV Rita – hope you’re better fast

Allie – Vince takes meds for his afib. I think it’s Cardizem. Anyway, the ER told him not to take any antihistamines. Well, they can cause your heart to beat fast and irregularly. The nurses there suggested Flonase if he needs an antihistamine.

Mahjongg tonight

Michele NC