Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :|
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Did a body pump video today. Work tomorrow so I’m just having to have to count my steps. Unfortunately, at work I can only seem to get around 5,000. Usually around the house I can accumulate another 1 to 2,000. Well, better than nothing.

They had these icing filled cookies the other day in the break room. Now I’m so glad I passed them up. I bought some for Christmas Eve. On the box it says that the calorie count of just one of them is over 400! Now every time I pass by it and am even the slightest bit tempted, I just think to myself “400 calories” and suddenly it isn’t as appealing.

Drkatie – I know when I’ve “lost” something in my pocketbook, I’ve had to take EVERYTHING out. Hope you did, too, and just didn’t rely on looking. Is there anything in your pocketbook that it could have gotten into (like the dollar section of your wallet)? When you cooked and got the pan out, could it have fallen into that area? I’m just trying to think of all the weird places I’ve found things. Has your husband looked even in places where you’ve looked. I know that there have been times I’ve lost something and checked a place for it multiple times, and Vince looks once in the exact same place and finds it. Could it have fallen BEHIND the bed?

No work today so it was my running around day. Went to the gym then WalMart since Jess changed the Christmas dinner. Then bought gas, then the dollar store for a sympathy card, then Food Lion for desserts for tomorrow, then home for breakfast. After I ate, went to drop off a gift at a friend’s house (just left it on her porch) then took cat litter containers (empty) to a friend who uses them (saves me from putting them into recycling, they’re so big), then the Salvation Army, then Aldi then Habitat for Humanity. I totally forgot to get pineapple for the ham. We’ll either do without or if Jess and Colby are going out, then they’ll have to buy it.

Found Christmas ornaments at the Salvation Army. Plus, they were ½ off. Vince said to me “why are you buying more ornaments?”. Then I saw one and said “is it too heavy”. He had to keep it, even tho it was heavy, because it was of a cat. What can I say?

Barbara – I must have missed it. What was the ornament debacle? About the doc’s office being closed, you know, deep down inside I can’t help thinking “aren’t you supposed to quarantine for 2 weeks? They’re closed for one week and he’s ‘out of the office’ the next week. Yes, it’s the week between Christmas and New Years so maybe he had planned to be out of the office. But…is he quarantining for another week? Who knows? And I’m sure they wouldn’t tell me if he was one of the ones who tested positive. So when I go to see him, I’ll just wear my mask and be sure to be socially distanced. Like I’ve said, Vince is VERY VERY pickey. But if he ever knew half of what he ate he would never eat again. Like he likes chocolate bread/cake/etc. One time I made a chocolate zucchini bread only I accidentally left the zucchini in the food processor too long. So…he couldn’t see the zucchini in it, I just asked him if he’d eat the “chocolate bread”. He ate the whole thing!

Bananas – it isn’t so much the need/wish for lower prices on Amazon, it’s that I could never use up the things that I needed to buy in large quantity before it went bad. I’d just be wasting my money. I usually only order things online (like my low fat brownie mix) that I can’t get in the store. The one thing I do order online that I can get in the store is cat litter. Mainly because it’s so heavy, it’s just more convenient to have it delivered. Especially since it’s the same price.

The first year I lived on my own, money was so tight that I couldn’t afford to buy garland for my Christmas tree. But I could afford popcorn so I popped it and strung it. I liked the way it looked so much that I’m still stringing the popcorn!!

SuziQ – usually when someone says to me “I have no plans” my answer is “well, you do now because you’re coming to my house” That’s just me. Wish you could come here

I’m looking for like a 6-pack of small bottles of things like sparkling grape juice. I’ll go to the dollar store next week and maybe get something for New Years. Newcomers bowls on the 30th so I’d like to take something so we can celebrate (well, sort-of) I know some people are wine drinkers but I don’t know about the others. So I’m thinking the something non-alcoholic might appeal to everyone.

RV Rita – glad you got answers

Flea – thanks for sharing. I especially like the “buy buddy” pic. That ornament is cute, but it should say “first and last” pandemic….lol

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Machka: We are also looking forward to a nice, quiet Christmas with the gifts of technology that I just mentioned. :star: Your photos are also a delight. Thank you. :smiley:

Heather: Sending good thoughts to your family and hoping for good health to return swiftly. :flowerforyou:

(((Debbie in VA)))

Karen in VA: Thank you for the gifts of two sunrise photos. They represent a new day with the gift of beauty. :star:

Sharon near Seattle: I’m looking forward to hearing about your date. I hope it is pleasant and you enjoy one another’s company. :star:

Flea: Thanks for sharing the photos of lights. Beautiful! :flowerforyou:

Debbie in CA: We are brown rice fans. DH has been diabetic since before we met over 50 years ago. White rice turns directly to sugar in his system and is not healthy for him. We only use medium grain brown rice now. I don’t’ know whether your family will like it, but it is worth a try. :heart:

Allie: Sorry your post went poof. It sounds as though you’re doing better. Keeping up with PT in order to get better is an excellent strategy. :flowerforyou:

Peach: :flowerforyou:

Today started out cold and gray but the clouds have moved aside and we have a sunny view of blue sky and river for now. I am yearning to visit the stable, but I will have to be patient about that. I haven’t had a chat with my friend who owns the stable in several weeks. I miss her.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Katla49
    Options
    Allie: I'm so pleased for you that your friends at the complex brought you a sign and wished you Merry Christmas. I hope that you will be feeling well enough to move back home in the near future. :heart: :star::heart:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/yogi- 2hrs 12min 56sec, 188elev, 107ahr, 145mhr, 3.74ap, 8.32mi= 784c
    Strava app = 1008c
    Go get yogi food- 27.39min, 85ahr, 118mhr, 3.06ap, 1.46mi= 153c
    Strava app = 178c
    Zwift bike trainer- 28.31min, 23.7amph, 128ahr, 161mhr, 11.25mi= 296c
    Strava app = 279c

Total 1233 xal
  • Katla49
    Options
    It is a beautiful sunshiney day. I invited DH to go for a walk with me, but he would rather send me and the dog off for a walk together. I'll give it a try. :bigsmile:
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💚💜❤️🖤💙🧡🤎🤍
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Heather-sorry family may have had exposure. Hope they weather whatever it is well.

Debbie in Va-love your tree-it is beautiful!

Flea-resort pictures are lovely.

Allie-sounds like your recovery is really going well. So nice of friends to give you a drive by!

Worked for a couple of hours, got shingles shot. Went to gym, went to gyn and did zoom call with church group. I wasn't going to get shingles shot until next week but there is a chance after mid January I will be able to get Covid vaccine and it was recommended that I make sure I have at least two weeks after the shingles vaccine before getting another one. Having same sort of reaction to shot as last time. Took some advil. For muscle soreness in arm I rubbed some hemp paste around the bandaid and that has helped (figured it helps with sore muscles, so why not). Maybe symptoms won't last as long this time.

Gyn said osteoarthritis in left forearm is very bad (they measure there instead of hips since both hips are artificial). After discussion of options, which start with increasing calcium and vitamin d, we settled on a "designer" estrogen. Forget the name, but pick it up tomorrow. Will wait to start taking it until I am over the shingles reaction.

Going to take some more advil and pack it in for the night.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :) Today I went for my teeth cleaning appointment. I go every three months. This was the farthest I've driven since I went three months ago and the first time I've been in a building other than my own house in over a month. We are taking "shelter at home" very seriously. It has meant paying higher prices for some things, doing without, or waiting awhile to get what we want, but we are comfortable with the decision.

:) Since my morning walking friend comes into our house every morning to meet me and the dogs, we have invited her to eat with us on Christmas Day. Dinner will be ribs, mashed potatoes, gravy, and corn. It's not my usual kind of meal, but it's Jake's plan and he'll be cooking. My job will be getting the table ready.

:)Flea, I'd enjoy going walking with you.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Still no splint. The only things I did between knowing I had it and missing it were stripping and remaking the beds, sitting in my recliner scrolling my iPad, and using the bathroom. I re-stripped one bed today and I’ve dug in my recliner as far as I could reach. I wish I knew how to take it apart. I bought a cheap generic one at CVS today. It will protect my finger somewhat, but it is not as comfortable as my custom made one. I will have my surgery to remove my pin on Tuesday. If the doctor thinks I need another one and I haven’t found it by then, I’ll just pay out of pocket for a new one. Dave has been looking, too. He thinks I flushed it down the toilet. I don’t think it would flush. We won’t get into the specifics of that discussion. Lol.

My husband had a custom made splint for his finger and lost it. We just called where he went to have it made and they replaced it for free. You might want to talk to them. We found his months later behind the headboard.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Ginny - Sorry about the osteo problem. At least these days they have options for ameliorating it. <3

Son collected the presents. Didn't see or hear him. He left us a bag of goodies outside the door and DH brought it in and immediately washed his hands. It's sitting in the hall decontaminating. ;)
    They should hear this afternoon if they are positive or not.
    :#:#:#

Zoom with girlfriends was mainly about my difficult friend's mum, who is 94, lives alone, and is having falls. My friend, who used to be a doctor, got an appointment with the hospital and they checked the old lady over. My friend was singing the praises of the NHS, who spent four hours on a thorough check up, including CT scan of head, dressing a scraped arm, blood work, complete examination. All is well.
    It was good to see them.

Lorries at Dover slowly clearing. I tell myself to be grateful I'm not stuck in that mess. Poor things.
    We are in Tier 4 from Boxing Day. Pretty much a lockdown.

Hope to Zoom the grandchildren today. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😘😴
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Machka - It will take time to figure out what is worth “cutting” and can be cut to make time for relaxing. You can’t cut out doc appts. and things of that nature, but you can let the dust sit for a while. It’ll be back a few minutes after you clean it anyway. It took me years to figure it out. Relaxing doesn’t necessarily mean doing nothing either. Working in the garden is relaxing to some. To me, it’s a chore. Refinishing furniture does the same for others. Some find relaxation in vacuuming. You will figure it out.

I clean about once every 3 months, and do a little clean somewhere in between that. But I haven't had a chance to do cleaning in some time!

So far, it's all the documentation and paperwork for my husband's appointments, work projects - kind of making up for lost time, graduation prep, Christmas decorations and my cycling club. For the most part, I'm still sitting in front of the computer like I was when I was in uni.

I kind of thought I might have time for things like organising my dressing room and putting away my laundry, but not so far!!

Maybe the new year will settle down a bit. :)

I also lose interest in movies and even TV shows, very quickly. I haven’t seen a really good movie in a very long time.

Are there any good NEW ones?

I end up watching my old favourites over and over.

I need to get an EKG to make sure my shortness of breath is not bronchial. I am sure it's due to anemia and complicated by allergies.

I went to the doc yesterday about my procedure coming up right after the new year. He mentioned the possibility of amenorrhea. I cannot for the life of me determine why that is bad for someone about to go through menopause anyway. There really is nothing on the internet about why it's a negative for someone my age. Do any of you have a clue? I have to decide if I want an ablation and that's where he cautioned me about the amenorrhea. Why is it bad?

Have a great day.

Tina in CA

I had a large polyp removed, precancer treated and a D&C in May 2017. My gynaecologic oncologist also mentioned the possibility of amenorrhea, but just in passing ... like a warning not to become alarmed. I went 6 weeks between periods instead of my "usual", at that time, 3 weeks. That was OK with me. :)

M in Oz

• Katla49
    Options
    It has been a good day. The best part was walking with my dog down to the eng if the road & back. 🎄
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    It has been sunshiney for 2 days now but we still have some snow on the grass. It has been freezing at night so truck is plugged in, heat is turned on in the cabin, I make sure water buckets are full in the afternoons since the hose freezes overnight. Looking forward to seeing DGD, DS and DDIL for Christmas. Son is cooking but we will be at our house as it is much larger with room to spread out. I have things purchased but still a little wrapping to do tomorrow.

Allie - keep up the PT. It will pay off later.

Heather- Hope the family is OK.

Katie - Sending finding angels to help you out.

Everyone have a blessed holiday. Sue in WA