WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas 🎄.We also had terrible weather here last night.Wind,rain,and tree limbs beating the house.No damage as of yet!
    Debby in wet and windy Va
  • Workoutahloic50
    Options
    Merry Christmas 🎄 to us all!! Last night was rough and rocky weather but luckily no damage-just a lot of debris.Chance of flurries today,lol.Tornado warning yesterday to possible snow today.
    Debby in wet,windy,chilly Va
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Kate UK: Merry Christmas to you!. :heart:

Machka: Your Christmas dinner sounds lovely, and the bike ride is terrific. Doing something together that you both love well is a very nice gift to yourselves. :star:

Barbara: Thank you for the sympathy. I hope that DH feels well enough to go on a ramble with me on the first really good day. I will be walking, and he will be riding his mobility scooter. :smiley:

Allie: Merry Christmas to you! Sorry that wind and rain interfered with your good night’s rest. :flowerforyou:

Barbie: Your holiday meal sounds wonderful. :smiley:

This morning we had a Christmas call from our son. DDIL and our grandson were both still sleeping. We’ll hear from again when the family is awake. Their gift to us was unbelievably wonderful. They sent us a book full of photos of them when they visited here a year ago and the good things that they’ve had fun doing in Virginia where they live.

I anticipate talking with our daughter a bit later in the day.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Have a good one peeps... think we r going for a 10 mile walk today
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    zo97us3nmmpv.png

Happy Christmas Day

It is just the two of us but we had a nice video call with my parents in Canada and my brother and his family in the US this morning. <3

Machka in Australia

I do like pavlova. it's easily GF and not very heavy, as deserts go, is rather pretty, and has some fruit in it (so some vitamins)

@Machka9 I don't devote much time to cooking but guac is very easy. good time-quality investment!
    Relatively easy xmas meal prep is the way to go in my mind.

I ordered roast guinea fowl and had some yesterday evening and some today, had frozen peas and green beans with craft jarred squash, a small GF upscale pastry bought 2 days ago, and 2 squares of 100 chocolate and a few slices of bread.

I just had a banana and carrot juice-kombucha mix for breakfast.

Went for a medium walk (a good hour at mild pace) before lunch.

It's always nice to get out.
    OPEN THIS MORNING WERE:
    some take away places (asian take away, mc Donald's pizza place)
    some bakeries
    some florists
    many small grocery stores,
    and...a computer place, that also had espresso coffee machine for 1 euro. Like a cyber café. I had never noticed it before, but it's on my most frequent walking path.

Since my usual bakery where I buy espresso for 1.20 was closed, I went in and the young guy said he had nothing to do so he had opened. He smelled like alcohol at about 11:30 am, which is sad, but who knows, maybe it was just today. I was happy to buy an espresso and share a wee bit of cheer, by exchanging greetings, and a few words.
    Same with a fellow at the park who seemed normal and was taking a break on a bench at the park on his own. I just said merry xmas. I don't go to far into conversation cause guys (in France) almost inevitably think it's a pick up, which it was not...

On line reading, lazing, listening to music, watching some clips.
    put away some laundry, washed some dishes.
    Not a heroic day.
    I let go of work.

Ah read and wrote a worker's rights involved email (to as small working-group of 6 rather active people). one of the main leaders in our group forwarded a union mail sent out nationally, we had all received or some of us had received that clearly mentioned our demandes, 2 x but in a broader context. That is good that this is mentioned!

It's a highly political context (always much known and mostly unknown negotiating going on till last minute) and a word here or there can be misleading, and unions can vote as they like last minute, so I commented the mail to our working group of 6, and gave some context.

Very good that finally our working-rights claims, was mentioned, in a national mail sent to a very large amount of people as part of the specific agenda.

BUT the conclusion of the union mail was ambiguous, as they then switched to another 10 year old project, which one could think is the same but explicitly excludes teachers.

It would be impossible to know that without being familiar with the text, which I am, but most teachers in our group are definitely not.

And some schools and unions have been sending out misleading information on that level, of late.

Then, after that, one of the colleagues, (probably the same one who sent that mail yesterday morning) finally sent out an invitation for a meeting in 2 weeks. (2 guys had been promising to send it out, a 1-2 minute job to send out the invitation) for weeks, and I am making a point to leave some of this easy busy work to them, even if that means it doesn't get done or get done on time.

One of the guys regularly calls and writes several times to see "who is going to organise the meeting", rather than just doing 3-5 clicks and writing a few words to send out the google meet invitation to a pre-entered group.

The inviter forgot 3 people we tend to invite (who are greatly supportive and very well-informed) so I added them on.

• bananasandoranges
    Options
    Did our exercises first thing o:) then went for a walk on the seafront. B) Gorgeous day.

A wonderful Christmas to everyone. <3

wvvhpdvrz5cc.jpg

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I like the spiral hat!

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    1852448wnxihr5glr.gif
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    My friend J who came by Wed evening with Champagne is very very frugal but says she always buys flowers. I thought that is a good lead.

I will buy some flowers soon.
  • Katla49
    Options
    Debbie in VA: I hope you are able to warm up. Snow sounds wonderful if you’re ready for it with the comfort of heat to keep you warm and cozy & good food that you enjoy. :star:

Rebecca: Your card swags are charming. :heart:

Heather: Your sunny day at the beach is making me more than a bit envious. I hope you enjoy it thoroughly. Your Santa hat is cute & unique. Your DH looks Christmassy, too. :bigsmile:

We have had calls from our son and daughter in law this morning, and a call with our daughter and her tribe. Now we are watching the local birds from our upstairs sitting room and getting ready to cook breakfast.

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate. Good wishes to all.

Katla
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas all!

RvRita
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas 🎁🎄

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Katla49
    Options
    KateUK: I love the cloth from Spain that is on your table. Are any parts of the cloth embroidered? <3
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    KateUK: I love the cloth from Spain that is on your table. Are any parts of the cloth embroidered? <3

Yes but think it’s machined embroidery

Kat UK
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Does anybody know how to make lamb stew? I have two pounds of leftover lamb!
  • Workoutahloic50
    Options
    Katla,thank you.We have a wonderful wood stove and enough wood to burn a while. I hope everyone is safe,warm, happy, and with loved ones.💕
    Debby in Va