WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Margaret, my one and only Christmas spent in Minnesota, I don’t think it got above zero the whole time I was there. That was when Dave and I decided we’d spend Christmas in Georgia with my family and visit his for the 4th of July!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,943 Member
    Options
    :) In contrast to many of you, if any friend or family member showed up at our house we would send them away. Shelter at home has kept us safe and we plan to continue doing what has been working. The one friend who walks with the dogs and me has been coming to the house daily for years. She is the only one who comes in.

:) Today a neighbor dropped off two jars of homemade strawberry jam....yum yum.

:) The roads are dry again so I took my after dark walk to look at the lights in the neighborhood.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas to those of you that celebrate, <3 Love ya all!n45rgih1y9xy.jpg
    Hugs, Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,932 Member
    Options
    zo97us3nmmpv.png

Happy Christmas Day

It is just the two of us but we had a nice video call with my parents in Canada and my brother and his family in the US this morning. <3

Machka in Australia

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,763 Member
    Options
    I’ll have to go back to page 35 to catch up, but I wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

pbajg6f6a6t7.jpeg

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbara: I gargle when needed & I have been taking Vitamin D3 for many years. I’ll look to see whether I’m taking zinc or not. 1/1/2020 will bring new adventures and, I hope less sickness and worry. We all need to get rid of viruses that plague everyone. I’m happy for you that Joe spent some time walking with you. :heart:

Barbie: We haven’t had anyone inside our house in months. We have hosted good friends on our deck outside while the weather was still pleasant. Last night we had frost on the ground and outdoor decks. It was slick on our deck in the morning. It looks like winter is headed our way ASAP. I bought some new masks at a local store. They will definitely do the job for us. :smiley:

Rori: Thinking of you and sending love and good wishes your way. :heart:

Our gifts to our kids have been purchased and shipped. We had the opportunity to talk to each of them on line today. Talking to them in person has been wonderful & I count it as blessings. I am ready for bed at this point. Stay well.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Katla49
    Options
    Tracey; I’m glad to see your post and wish you well. Wish you Merry Christmas with family & friends. Katla 🎄🎄🎄🎄
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,359 Member
    Options
    Worked today. This lady let me go home early. I thought that was very nice of her. No work tomorrow – the store is closed! But then again, so is practically everything else.

Allie – how wonderful of your friends to do that!

Drkatie – let’s hope you find that splint, but if not, it’s good that you can pay for another one. See if you can maybe get it replaced, worth a try…

Barbara - when I got the shingrix shot, it was just sore around the injection site for about 4 days. Other than that, I didn’t have any reaction

M – great pictures

Anne in DE – tell me about how crowded the stores were! I had to work today and I tell you, I could barely keep up with the carts. I swear, when the store opened, there must have been about 20 people in the store. Usually there are only about 3. We had a pretty good rain, actually, it rained almost all day. We had to try to explain to Jess about watching water usage when you have a septic.

You know, this is the first year that I can remember that I didn’t go to midnight Mass. I just feel uncomfortable being in such a crowd with strangers. Hopefully, next year we can get back to semi-normal. My heart is aching

Carol GA – This is 2020, that should be enough explanation of why your dishwasher went. Hope it gets fixed soon. I’d just hate it if I didn’t have my dishwasher for Christmas

My neighbor started a fundraiser for the soup kitchen (the one I volunteer at) by making masks. I just learned that she topped $20,000 for them!

Rori – Merry, merry, merry Christmas and a great New Year to you and yours

Amanda, Andy and Aiden, their son, came here. I think it’s nice that they come, it also gives Jess and Colby someone around their age to be with. We exchanged one present tonight and mention was made jokingly that Colby didn’t get Jess the ring so she got one. I don’t know. I’m certainly not going to push it.

Need to go empty the dishwasher (while I think of Carol)

Michele NC
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,842 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    I made Christmas dinner today!

About a month ago, I got an electric frying pan -- first one since my Winnipeg days about 16 years ago. Chicken mince, spices and a couple onions from our garden went in and simmered for about 3 hours.

Meanwhile we went for a bicycle ride.

When we returned, I scooped out an avocado - first time I've ever done that - added spices and voila, I had guacamole! The refried beans were topped with a sprinkle of oregano and popped in the microwave. And my husband helped by cutting up tomatoes into cubes.

Everything on the table in separate bowls ... and we had tacos for Christmas dinner! Chicken - sort of like turkey. And the red and green of tomato, guacamole and the sauce.

Quick and easy!

The Pavlova will be served shortly. We're just watching Scrooge with Alastair Sim right now.

M in Oz
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Holiday greetings from SFL.

It is a cold and blustery 63 degrees here. We are expecting temperatures to drop down in to the low 40s. I know everyone laughs at these posts from me. Yesterday it was 80. The over 30-degree drop does make one feel really chilled.

Heather – Johnny did a wonderful job on the cake.

Annie – Big hug to you and your mom. Aw, stockings.

Carol – Glad to hear the dishwasher could be repaired and the repair person was able to get out to you before Christmas day.

Allie – You’re keeping up with the PT which will pay you in spades later as mentioned by Sue.

Rori – Merry Christmas. Love the picture of you and Mars.

Tina – Sorry to hear of SM’s diagnosis. Sending positive thoughts that it is a mild case.

Margaret – I saw a post on FB where someone puts down a piece of plywood over the grass prior to a snowfall. When their little puppy needs to go out the owner lifts it and the dog has a cleared spot to do its business.

Tracey – Merry Christmas to you too!

Michele – Such a wonderful thing your neighbor did for the soup kitchen. That money will go a long way.

Machka – I am glad you were able to get a Christmas ride in. The dinner sounded perfect.

It’s still dark here. I was up at 4am. I think I will work on the puzzle for a little bit. This one is very dark in color. I had to bring down my desk lamp to work on it. Many shades of black, grey, browns and reds. It’s a doozy. After that I will prep dinner. I think it will be a lazy day today.

Hugs to all.
    SuziQ – SFL
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,501 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: take BP, dogs to powerline, typed hymns, recycling, Post Office
    Bonus: connected Bose to PC to listen to Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols, required moving stuff around and a little decluttering/organizing, counting it as cleaning time ;) ,last of ornaments onto tiny tree, Joe signed Part B supplement change application, zoom happy hour with C & T
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call R, corrected roster to Cal-Or, index mutual aid files, watch STAS Day 18 (go sniff), submit grant pics and receipts, test Bluetooth speaker so can do BB&B or T’ai Chi from voice recordings, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed; broadcast cover crop seed in veg garden areas, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, Monday call State Fire Marshall’s office re: reporting, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???,
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan next year’s garden, wishlist replenishments, ask faucet question, if answer ok order.
    Do Good December
    25:

Happy Birthday Ann in FL!
    KJ your Colinmas memory brought tears to my eyes.
    Katla ((hugs)) Sad your DH doesn’t feel well enough to walk with you. ((hugs))
    Allie walking outside down the driveway in the fresh air? You GO girl, this is such good news!
    Rori :love: seeing you and Mars.
    Tina prayers for you step-mom and dad.
    Kay Christmas in GA, Independence day in MN, way better than the other way ‘round :laugh:
    Tracey relieved to see you posting!

Skimmin’ and sleepy so…
    Hugs and warmest holiday wishes to all.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    December: better than November.
    daily: sit with Joe: 21, weigh: 24, steps>5505=5898 vits=24 log=24 CI<CO=23 CI<250<CO=17 Tumble & Shadow 5=20 mfp=24 outside=14 up hill=14
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3 =0 rx=3 dance= clean 30 mins=6.5
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant=1 20for20=0 bonus: AF=15 play=0 sew=0

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    t7216.gif

• Machka9
    Options
    gkhct4j87p1j.png
  • Katla49
    Options
    Merry Christmas! May we all have a wonderful day! 🎄🎅🎄🎅🎄
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    7jew3t69nrbi.png
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,063 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas to my friends here who celebrate :heart:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,943 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    :) Ribs are in the fridge soaking up spices, the table is cleaned off, the spare room is mopped so my friend and I can dance before Jake serves the special holiday meal (ribs, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, black olives), the dogs have been walked once and we'll be going out again on a morning that is dry and temps above freezing. I hope you all have a day that is just as pleasant.

<3 Barbie in NW WA