Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,724 Member
    Options
    Oo
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Katla – I’m so happy for you in that you found a dentist you like. Every time I use that flosser, I think of you.

M and pip – which famous museum has an active bike path running thru it?

Michele NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :)Rebecca, Thanks for letting me know that you got the Christmas card. You're the only person who got a card from me. I loved that you wrote a personal message and enclosed a little ornament cut out. Your display of cards sounds great.

:) I listened to "A Christmas Carol" as an audio book during my walks. Now I am watching several versions of the movie starting with "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol". In only an hour it stayed close to the original story and used a lot of the language of the book, and it has some great songs.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💙🧡🤎🤍💚💜❤️🖤
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Exciting day for me!!

I'm at 30 minutes and 5 seconds ... or at least that's where you catch your first glimpse of me ...

M in Oz

thanks for sharing!!! exciting.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,391 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Katla – I’m so happy for you in that you found a dentist you like. Every time I use that flosser, I think of you.

M and pip – which famous museum has an active bike path running thru it?

Michele NC

Reichsmuseum, Amsterdam?
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Machka just watched video you look great and so happy, 👏

Is anyone else like me, I never look at the buttons below posts, not as a deliberate thing , I just don’t think about it.

Stay safe everyone

Kate UK ❤️
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,365 Member
    Options
    Hooray Machka!!!!! <3<3:D
    You deserve that happiness. And the video is something to treasure for ever.

Tracey - Are you OK?

Lisa- How's your health right now? Did the antibiotics do the trick?

Love to all . I'm getting a bit of pre - Christmas angst and I'm not even doing Christmas. Force of habit. :# My son said he is getting Edie's art stuff on Monday, but DDIL thinks I would have better ideas than him. :# I said please bring it round, with Max's game for me to wrap. Whether we will get to see them in the garden before Christmas is anyone's guess. Weather not looking marvellous. Oh well, I plan to pop up the road and pick up one or two extras from the art shop to add to the other's presents.
    I first started getting Christmas angst when I was around 13 and by 16 it was in full flood. Not a good time of year for a perfectionist. :laugh:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, chiro, BiMart for rx, recycling,
    Bonus: stroll with T and D, Freddie’s, typed hymns
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call R, pick up glasses, W~M, Post Office, corrected roster to Cal-Or, index mutual aid files, watch STAS Day 18 (go sniff), submit grant pics and receipts, test Bluetooth speaker so can do BB&B or T’ai Chi from voice recordings, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed; broadcast cover crop seed in veg garden areas, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, Monday call State Fire Marshall’s office re: reporting, next Thursday at BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan next year’s garden, wishlist replenishments, ask faucet question, if answer ok order.
    Do Good December
    18: Give away something that you have been holding onto: oh nooo! Does donating my bicycle, helmet and motorcycle boots a few weeks ago count? :}

Machka con VERY gratulations on achieving your Masters! Your smile says it all!
    SuziQ thank goodness that 3 drinks in 1.25 hrs party is via zoom and no one will be driving after! Wow!
    Julie ((hugs)) wish I could meet you at a café and stroll around Paris. Will you be able to get away during the holiday?
    Heather while scrutinizing your hamper contents (what is cheddar truckle?) my eye was drawn to how lovely your flowers, table, drapes and garden view are. So peaceful, so beautiful, with cards arranged on the windowsills. :love: How did you prepare your kale?
    Margaret ((hugs)) Lucky Drew and lucky you for the sing along.
    Allie good luck with the cardio. Bet s/he will have concerns about you being in a house where Jean has the flu, and where the power might go out.
    Lanette Vit D + mouthwash vs C-19
    thank you for Dr. Campbell, I really enjoyed his presentation including his self-deprecating, dry humor, and professor’s way of “marking up” the “papers.” Is this the mouthwash video you referenced? https://youtu.be/TOkIkSGYCmw
    Rita blood work normal, yay! :love: the stunning pics!
    Annie fingers Xd. Good luck!
    Michele I feel like your employers are not providing you with a safe work environment. How much longer do you need to work to pay for that landscaping?
    Charsuzy thank you for helping me to understand better how I may have hurt Fae’s feelings with my post.
    Fae Heather, KJ, Katla, Barbie, charsuzy, Michele and all miss you. So do I.
    Karen in VA Stunning Mt. Hamilton pic, thanks for the memories.
    Rebecca, “Unsinkable Molly Brown” is one of my very favorites. Enjoy!
    Tina “Charade” is another very fave.
    Debbie Whee a new-to-you car! Safe travels.
    Sue in WA will there be youtubes of your virtual choir?

Joe’s bloodwork and annual tests tomorrow. He’s been scaling back a little on the cured meats and sugar for the past week. Bet he’s lost 15 lbs. Happy for him, but a little green-eyed, it’s never that easy for me.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    December: better than November.
    daily: sit with Joe: 14, weigh: 17, steps>5505=9944 yes! vits=17 log=17 CI<CO=16 CI<250<CO=12 Tumble & Shadow 5=14 mfp=17 outside=10 up hill=10
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3 =0 rx=3 dance= clean 30 mins=2.5
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant=1 20for20=0 bonus: AF=9 play=0 sew=0
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    @auntiebk Barbara awesome that Joe is losing weight. maybe that'll rub off on people around. that can happen. thanks. getting away seems complex this year. sometimes when I have nothing planned I go to the seaside for a night or two, but with all cafés and restaurants closed, and everything else too, it just doesn't seem appealing... 16h in the dark inside in the hotel, 8h daylight or so, outside max, but with no place to take a break inside to eat, have a coffee, no visits, walks, ocean-water-fed indoor pool closed, etc, etc.

Exercise bike (yet to assemble) arrived today.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,365 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Barbara - Thank you for the compliments. :D The drapes etc were all in situ when we moved in. I bought the table for my last house. Great for entertaining (one day again). I always try to have flowers on there. Every morning we sit having breakfast looking out of the windows at the amusing wildlife. The fox has been paying us a visit recently. The dining extension was a big reason we bought the house. I'm keen on a flow from kitchen to dining to outside for entertaining. It's all open flow.
    A cheddar truckle is a small cheddar cheese in a form that imitates a whole cheese. It will have a mature rind.
    I have opened and sampled the Camembert. :D Today we had sandwiches with the ham. Tomorrow we will make a pasta dish with the ham. We are giving the biscuits to the family (don't eat them) and the cheese sticks. Keeping the savoury biscotti for lunches with cheese. Keeping the pickled shallots, but the chutney will have to find another home. ;) No problem with the blue cheese, the smoked salmon and my favourite gravadlax. <3 Wine is not up to DH's standards, but it will surely get drunk.
    Next door has given us a huge tin of biscuits. They will be going to the homeless. I did that last year.
    I stirfried the huge bag of chopped kale with smoked pancetta, nduja (Italian spicy pork paste), onions, and mushrooms. Had it with sea bass. Yummo!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,428 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »

Lanette Vit D + mouthwash vs C-19
    thank you for Dr. Campbell, I really enjoyed his presentation including his self-deprecating, dry humor, and professor’s way of “marking up” the “papers.” Is this the mouthwash video you referenced? https://youtu.be/TOkIkSGYCmw

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

Barbara - the mouthwash study I was referring to is on Dr. Been's site:

From other research I ran across yesterday, not all folks agree on efficacy of certain mouthwashes/gargles.

BUT, I think gargling with Everclear then swallowing would have a 100% success rate. :D Just don't gargle and drive!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Machka

Congrats and what a handsome couple you two make!

Kelly

Take care of yourself! Sorry about the bad back.

Debbie

Nice looking car! Enjoy!

Carol in Ga
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :)Machka, Congratulations on your graduation. Your accomplishment is worthy of great admiration. You have have worked hard for this. The photo of you and your husband is great.

:)Debbie, congrats on your car. It looks awesome.

:'(Kelly sorry about your back <3

:)Michele Do you really need to work? You seem awfully dissatisfied with the whole thing.

:) My friend in California who lives in a very pricy upscale senior community (many people in their 90's) was told that they are scheduled to get the vaccine in January. My friend here who is a nurse at the cancer center and her husband who is a nurse at the ER at the hospital are scheduled for vaccines soon.

:) I was a child when the Salk polio vaccine became available. I remember being terrified at the doctor's office because it was an injection and I hated needles. I was not able to connect my mother's joy at the vaccine with the fact that her brother had died of polio when I was three years old. A few years later when the Sabin vaccine was available orally in a sugar cube, I was resentful that I had been subjected to the injection.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,724 Member
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Machka and Pip—Thought of you with this.
    mion34uq3j29.jpeg

Tina

I like it!