WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Heather beautiful picture of the granddaughters. They're such cuties and growing so quickly.

Katla thank you
    Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    Uu
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Janetr. c0122.gif

Karen in Virginia

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    exermom wrote: »
    Debbie CA – it kind of sounds like your MIL has some sort of dementia. Or maybe she sundowns?

Michele NC

no, she has always been like this- very jealous of the time spent with anyone else but her, and she is always so bitter about everything. She still doesn't like and doesn't like her son either but she has no one else left. She has been like this the 30 yrs I have known her but got worse after her other son, her favorite son was killed in a car accident. Actually looked my husband in the face and told him the wrong son died!. He has been treated like that all his life but is obligated to take care of her and in turn I have to listen to him complain. He has never set boundries with her.

Wow, that is such a horrible thing to hear. I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

Thank you. He has been hearing this stuff all his life- like when he was about 13 that she didn't want him , that she found out too far into the pregnancy that she was pregnant so couldn't end it. Yeah, great thing to be told.
    She loved her first husband, the other son's father but he divorced her, leaving her alone with a 2 yr old in Tokyo. Husband's dad was a widower so out of feeling sorry for her, married her and brought them back to US- always said that was the biggest mistake of his life- she treated him just as bad if not worse than she does his son.
    Hard to show love/affection/compassion/etc to others when you have been shown none. Now our son and I have to live with that.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • janetr7476
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Kelly Jack told everyone his "child" was building a snowman. Lol. Your grandsons are precious!!

Janetr OKC
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    cute pics of grandkids ladies!
    *long sigh* no phone call, or text from overseas son. My heart hurts today. No communication since June, but I know hes ok. Just the not hearing his voice, or laughter, it makes me melancholy. It's just something I need to wrestle around in my brain and heart, and come to terms with. But its a process.
    Love all the pics though. <3
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

So sorry!! I hope he calls you soon. Six months is way too long to not call and talk to you!
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Janetr. c0122.gif

Karen in Virginia

Oh Karen, my dear friend, I think of you often. I hope you and family are doing well. I love this picture of you.

Janetr OKC
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Hey all! I can't remember the last time I posted on here. Before Christmas, maybe? Yes, I think I posted on 24th and was all excited about vacation starting and my son's birthday. Colinmas was quiet, as Colin (my son) celebrated by delivering gifts to his friends and ended up at his best friend's house sitting by a fire in their back yard. Social distant socializing. So...his birthday dinner was postponed until Christmas Day. I made cinnamon rolls for the family that morning; Tim napped on and off in a chair all morning (he had been awake all night) and Colin didn't make an appearance until 1 or 2 pm. So it was a quiet day. Then, our oldest son, Darren showed up with his gf, Nicolette. I threw together a little charcuterie platter and everyone had a drink and we talked and then decided to try out some of the board games that were gifted to my daycare. lol We played Operation (I won), Clue (Colin won), and Kerplunk (Nicolette won one game and Darren won one game). A lot of laughter and fun. We got all of the kids Dune Dollars (which are community gift cards that are accepted at nearly all local businesses). Darren and Nicolette bought Tim and I a toaster oven. While I am grateful; I am not quite sure how this appliance is going to fit into my cooking routine. Right now, it is taking the place of my toaster and doing some of the duties of my microwave...We will see if it is an appliance that is going to stay in my kitchen. lol
    Debbie in Napa- So sorry to hear about our MIL's irascible nature! Sending you hugs and hoping you can find it in yourself (and your dh can find it in him) to figure out a way to NOT give her power over you. In giving in to her or letting her rants get to you, you are giving her all of the power. You don't need that crap. Love and peace to you both.
    Beth- Wowsa! I will gladly take some of that snow!
    JanetR- I bet your hubby thought you were the cutest thing EVER out there building a snow man! I am hoping we get more snow before my vacation is over. Making a snowman via zoom with Joaquin and Miguel watching is on my to do list!
    Mary- I think Rita's DMD is "dear middle daughter".
    Heather- The girls look adorable in their guinea pig jammies!
    Tracey- Good to hear from you! I am so sorry about all of the stress due to COVID at work. I am happy that you are in good health, though! Your comment about your DH not understanding how you can still be mourning the loss of your dad after 8 years, struck a chord with me. Just in the past week, my DH and I have talked about a LOT of stuff. (I think my back injury opened a "communication" gate for us) Anyway, while we were watching a couple movies Tim commented on me crying so much during the movie. And I just flat out told him that I think I cry so much during movies because it allows me to release everything I am sad about. I told him how much I miss my parents (after 28 years), things I worry about, etc...it all cumulates into one big cry session, for me. Movies are a great release! lol
    Rori- So good to see your face (and Mars, as well)!

I think I am going to throw a grandkid pic or two up here before I sign off! lol The first is Miguel. The second is both Miguel and Joaquin; barely still for the picture.
    nzrrrabo4t8l.jpg
    9owkg9qtv5ru.jpg

That's all for now! Love and hugs to all! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

Love the pictures- thank you for sharing. LOVE their smiles.
    Sounds like you had a fun Christmas(even though it wasn't exactly what you had planned)
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Well had some cut up prime rib and mashed potatoes ,going to change the battery in the defibrillator and tuck myself in....
    Like i said i just sort of chilled out today and did my PT...
    But at least its at home and except for my TV its quiet.

So glad to hear you are at home and enjoying some quiet!!!. PERFECT
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    KJ - Gorgeous happy boys! <3

Janetr - How wonderful to have a great grandchild! I already miss the grandchildren 's babyhood. Shan't have another baby for a l o n g time. :'( Barring accidents. :o I wonder if I will live long enough. Yours is gorgeous.

The wind last night took down two beach huts and the dining 'igloos' on the seafront. Torn to shreds. Up to 100 mph winds in some places. Flooding locally and worse around the country.
    It was gorgeous when we went out, but we walked past all the debris.
    Expecting colder weather tomorrow and towards New Year.

A very dear old friend from university has sent me an invitation to a Zoom "At Home" on NYD. :D Might give it a go.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Janet OKC: Snow! It looks like you were having fun building your snowman. :bigsmile: I’ve missed seeing you and it is good to see you back.

Tracey: I am so glad you are doing okay. :star:

(((Pip:))) I’m sorry for your loss. Lenny must have been very special. You have been blessed twice, with two fine men. :heart:

Debbie: Sorry for your situation. Take care of yourself. :flowerforyou:

KJ: You have been missed. I hope you got a bit of rest along the way. I love your photos! :star:

Cynnamin girl: Welcome! :flowerforyou:

(((Rebecca))): I’m sorry that your son didn’t call. :cry:

Our Christmas tree is an Alberta Spruce. It is doing very well and we like it. :heart: We bought this one last year to replace an older tree that wasn’t doing well. We still have the older tree. The county extensions agent told me the older tree’s health problems are caused by mites. I’ve been spraying it regularly with pyrethrin. I hope I can cure it over time.

Katla in Sunny NW Oregon