• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    Pp
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Rita: I am usually the one who initiates phone calls with our daughter and her family. I enjoy talking with them, and don’t mind paying for long distance calls. We have been taking advantage of the magic of zoom calls whenever possible. :smiley:

(((Tracey:))) I am so sorry about the loss of your dad. We each have our own timetable for grief & healing when confronted by the loss of a loved one. Moms and dads are high on that list. Your husband’s pushing is likely well intentioned but unrealistic. If he has not already experienced the loss of a parent or loved one, he likely doesn’t understand. :heart:

Kim in N CA: It is good to see your post. :star:

Heather and Machka: I’m not gaining weight, either, but I feel as though I’m not active enough. Lock down is awful. I miss the gym, and also miss going out to the stable. The stable is a favorite place for me, but DH has been anxious and wants me to be at home. I’m hoping for vaccinations for all of us who need them to stay healthy & a better 2021. :star:

Barbara: We all watched Auntie Mame via Amazon Prime. We rented the movie for $3. DH says that our son and family watched with our daughter’s family on a shared connection and we all watched at the same time. Our son timed things so that we started and ended together. I am grateful that I didn’t have to do any of the setup. :bigsmile:

SuziQ: I misunderstood DH. The car tires are okay but we need to buy a new rear windshield wiper. It has been ordered. I don’t know when it will arrive. :ohwell:

Debby in VA: Sending good thoughts for your daughters. :flowerforyou:

KJ: I crave light, too. I am so glad that the days are getting longer. :bigsmile:

Carol in GA: I hope we are all blessed with a good 2021. :flowerforyou:

Today we have frost on the deck and a slippery outside. I carefully let the dog off of the deck for his morning constitutional. It was too dark for me to see what little prizes he left on the lawn, so I’ll be going out there soon to pick up after him.

Be safe.

Katla in frosty NW Oregon
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Heather: Hooray! The test results for your son & family are negative. YAYYYY!

I bought vitamins at Walmart this morning. I have a bit of sticker shock. The good news is that we will use them. :star:

Katla in Sunny NW Oregon

Vitamins aren't cheap huh! We get ours at Rite Aid, and do the buy one get one free thing. We go thru Calcium carbonate fast because Lee takes it 3 times a day. We both are on the same multi-vitamin so that's nice, and also the Calcium with a D3 thing. He also take Vitamin E, magnesium, baby asprin, and the rest are prescriptions. Did I state I AM PILL QUEEN... hahaha.
    Rebecca
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Heather: Hooray! The test results for your son & family are negative. YAYYYY!

I bought vitamins at Walmart this morning. I have a bit of sticker shock. The good news is that we will use them. :star:

Katla in Sunny NW Oregon

Vitamins aren't cheap huh! We get ours at Rite Aid, and do the buy one get one free thing. We go thru Calcium carbonate fast because Lee takes it 3 times a day. We both are on the same multi-vitamin so that's nice, and also the Calcium with a D3 thing. He also take Vitamin E, magnesium, baby asprin, and the rest are prescriptions. Did I state I AM PILL QUEEN... hahaha.
    Rebecca

Ha! I read "Calcium carbonate fast" as a new kind of diet fast. Maybe I need a nap!! :smile:

I appreciate you, Rebecca!

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Exercised today then came home to have breakfast then went to Aldi. Work tomorrow

We went to FL this Feb and to the restaurant “Left Turn” with friends, that was before all this covid stuff. This, to me, was a really neat restaurant. This is where the left turn was when they Daytona drivers used to race on the beach. Lots of memorabilia. OK, not exactly cheap. But great ambiance. Also, this year we saved money on less driving so less gas

Gained a bit of weight this holiday season but I’m on the way to losing it

SuziQ – what I’m doing right now about my foot is I am on it without the boot for a few hours then sit down and put my foot up. I’m hoping that it was just that I overdid it on Christmas Eve and just need to gradually get rid of the boot.

Debbie VA – (((HUGS)))) My heart goes out to you about your daughter

Went to the bowling alley. I think next week I’ll try bowling. Mahjongg tonight I’m wondering why I couldn’t use the recumbent bike after Jess and Colby leave? Not intensely, but just something to get back to the swing of things

Allie – sounds like you are really doing well. Keep it up!

How I miss aerobic exercise! Hopefully, I’ll be able to get back to it.

Heather – phew!!!

Fae – where are you?

Michele NC
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rebecca: Vitamins are not cheap, but they are good for our health. In addition to vitamins, I also bought other over the counter medicine and some dog treats. :star:

I am reading a book by a favorite author and enjoying it. The author is Robyn Carr, and I’ve been reading her books for many years. This one is set in Northern California, in a fictional place called Virgin River. I like it as well as the rest of the books in this series. :bigsmile:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Julie-the 3 inches in height difference does impact things some (for some reason I was thinking you are taller than me!). Some of the ladies on here pointed out that BMI as we age is viewed differently. Yes, my BMI is @23 most days. My doctor prefers it doesn’t drop much more-I guess as we age we need a bit of body fat. However, how you feel is important and I know just 5 pounds can change that. Just don’t want you to beat yourself up! As the pandemic winds down and life returns to something like normal and you are walking as you did before I am sure you will get back to where you are more comfortable. Congrats on tracking three days in a row-I really think that helps.

SuziQ-don’t know if is that I am handy or spent so many years married to a cheap man! Plus, we always thought when money was tight, we would fix what we could. (since we saved money then, I don’t mind paying for getting some things done now!)

Allie-your progress sounds good, and a bit speedy given what you have been through (even though I am sure to you it is slow as molasses).

Good for the year/accomplishments
    -Interior doors replaced (haven’t painted them yet)
    -DIL seems to have recovered from Covid with no long term side effects
    -While several staff have had Covid and two have been hospitalized, no one has passed from it (220 staff)
    -Maintained my weight
    -Got some stuff cleaned out (more to go)
    -Maintained contact with ladies group at church which provides good support
    -Kept up with this group for the most part!
    -Have not gone into complete isolation even though I live alone
    -Contacted social security today (realized last month I did hit full retirement age of 66) and I can, indeed, draw my husbands social security while I am working with no income restrictions. Official on-line application is in February, but it will retro back to November.

As long as we are here, have a tremendous gift.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio