WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    KJ - Gorgeous happy boys! <3

Janetr - How wonderful to have a great grandchild! I already miss the grandchildren 's babyhood. Shan't have another baby for a l o n g time. :'( Barring accidents. :o I wonder if I will live long enough. Yours is gorgeous.

The wind last night took down two beach huts and the dining 'igloos' on the seafront. Torn to shreds. Up to 100 mph winds in some places. Flooding locally and worse around the country.
    It was gorgeous when we went out, but we walked past all the debris.
    Expecting colder weather tomorrow and towards New Year.

A very dear old friend from university has sent me an invitation to a Zoom "At Home" on NYD. :D Might give it a go.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Heather my granddaughter had just turned 19 when Jaxx was born. I actually have four grandchildren older than her. 27, 25, 23 and 21 then also a 13 year old. My daughters started very young having children. I was almost 25 when my first was born. The tiny baby stage certainly doesn't last long, I just wish I could cuddle baby Jaxx.

That was certainly a strong wind you had along the beach. Weather has been crazy lately.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Katla. I had a great time building my little snowman, I wanted to make him larger but the snow was very wet and heavy so I was concerned I wouldn't be able to lift a larger body up by myself. I told Jack I might not ever get another chance to build a snowman :)

Janetr OKC
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Rita - Isn’t technology just the greatest. I often think how much better it would have been moving across the country if we had the technology we do today.
    Sorry you had to read about your daughter’s engagement on FB though.

Janet - what fun building a snowman.

I think I need to clarify, my husband doesn’t think I should be “over” Dad’s passing he thinks I should remember him with smiles and such and not get down about it. He, thankfully, hasn’t lost a parent yet I don’t think he understands completely.

Today I delivered some treats to my daughters and a couple friends. On my drive one of the songs that Dad requested be played at his funeral came on. I cried and sang through it. It’s a beautiful song, called Far Side Banks of Jordan by Daniel O’Donnell. December is hard, Dad passed on Dec 9th and his birthday was Jan 4th so it all happens at once. Crying heals my soul I think.

I love all of the Grandchildren pictures.

I am hopeful that I get to see a great grandchild someday. I had our eldest when I was 20, my daughter was 22 when she had Jonah. Women are long lived in my family though. My Grandmother had my Mom at 33, Mom had me at 22. My youngest daughter was 18 when my Grandmother passed.

We are having appetizers for supper tonight, Rodger is watching the World Juniors. I plan on reading some of my Dolly Parton book and taking a long soak in the tub. Not at the same time. This book is more of a coffee table book and is too heavy for a bath.

I have tomorrow off and return to work Tuesday. I’m looking forward to another long weekend next weekend.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Tracey my daughter was only 17 when her first son (now 27) was born, he's a big big guy and now he's often mistaken to be her boyfriend lol. My mom was 17 when my oldest sister was born and became a grandma at only 34.

Enjoy your day off tomorrow, I'm happy to hear you got the vaccination.

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Other- vacuum, dust, laundry - 1hr27min 24sec, 73ahr, 83mhr= 399c
    Zwift bike trainer- 1hr 6min 32sec, 18.1amph, 499elev, 105ahr, 126mhr, 20.06mi= 356c
    Strava app = 430c

Total cal 755

Watched a movie while riding.. never did that b4
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Janet OKC: Snow! It looks like you were having fun building your snowman. :bigsmile: I’ve missed seeing you and it is good to see you back.

Tracey: I am so glad you are doing okay. :star:

(((Pip:))) I’m sorry for your loss. Lenny must have been very special. You have been blessed twice, with two fine men. :heart:

Debbie: Sorry for your situation. Take care of yourself. :flowerforyou:

KJ: You have been missed. I hope you got a bit of rest along the way. I love your photos! :star:

Cynnamin girl: Welcome! :flowerforyou:

(((Rebecca))): I’m sorry that your son didn’t call. :cry:

Our Christmas tree is an Alberta Spruce. It is doing very well and we like it. :heart: We bought this one last year to replace an older tree that wasn’t doing well. We still have the older tree. The county extensions agent told me the older tree’s health problems are caused by mites. I’ve been spraying it regularly with pyrethrin. I hope I can cure it over time.

Katla in Sunny NW Oregon

Thanks Kayla, u r right, I have been truly blessed with 2 great men
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK ❤️
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Machka – The reason people rent is so they do not have to worry about repairs. If my stove top was not properly working I would call the owner and get it repaired. Is it not the same there? Glad the electric frying pan worked well for your meal.

Hugs to all and prayers for those in need.
    SuziQ – SFL

The reason people rent here is because we can't afford to do anything else. The house we're in would be way out of our league if we were to try to buy it. In fact, most houses in our city and surrounding area are out of our league.

Our landlord has been really good to us, especially since my husband's injury, and has not raised the rent much. In turn, we keep up with the minor stuff.

So ... we spent $40 or so on an electric frying pan which seems to be able to solve our problem rather than rocking the boat. :)

M in Oz

Is your stove electric? Is it one without a glass top? I found replacing the coils worked on my old electric stove for the issue you described. The coils were cheap (this was quite a few years ago) and just pulled off. The new ones slide on (there is a little tugging - nothing major). :smile:

Electric with a glass top.

5r5tkt75ij4w.png

(And those are mini cheesecakes I made several years ago)

M in Oz
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    All caught up. No time to really comment, but had to say, Beth, Beth, Beth! Your Christmas spoiler was hilarious!

• Machka9
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Katla. I had a great time building my little snowman, I wanted to make him larger but the snow was very wet and heavy so I was concerned I wouldn't be able to lift a larger body up by myself. I told Jack I might not ever get another chance to build a snowman :)

Janetr OKC

It has been a long time since I've built a snowman! Maybe a decade.

I think it's wonderful that you had the opportunity. :)<3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,120 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Just popping in before I switch off the light. I have 3 pages to go, but may fall asleep before I get there.

Annie - It can be difficult to deal with aging parents and trying to help is often seen by them as interfering. I don’t envy you being in that situation. We've been there ourselves.
    Tracey: I got behind myself just from sorting out Christmas, so not surprising that all the drama at work left you little time to come on here. So glad that you feel fine from it. We were also restricted from meeting indoors, so I organised an outdoor socially distanced get together on Christmas Eve, and was fortunate that the weather was fine. The gift opening Skype party on Christmas Day worked a treat. I was often still finishing off handicrafts on Christmas Eve for gifts on Christmas Day 😂
    Allie - I’m happy to hear that you are doing better. All that palavert would drive me scatty too.
    Heather - love the pics of your grandchildren.
    Suzi - I got tired of being the chaser-upper with some family and friends. You get little thanks for it. I have donated the majority of my larger clothes as an incentive to stay on the straight and narrow. 😂
    Katla - lovely tree
    Machka - Relaxation has become an essential part of my daily routine. I meditate or do one of my arts/crafts activities. Writing is also an escape mechanism.
    Flea - mincemeat pies were originally made in medieval times with meat. The modern sweetmince was only introduced a couple of centuries ago.
    Rebecca - 😍 The card swag, and Athena, of course.
    Debbie - my mother was toxic. I eventually stopped visiting her, as she was always trying to cause trouble for me.
    😍Joaquin and Miguel.
    All in all, we enjoyed Christmas, despite the limitations of Covid. We got together outdoors with our girls et al, having chosen not to have close contact, and it worked well.

☘️. Terri
  • janetr7476
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »

Janetr OKC

It has been a long time since I've built a snowman! Maybe a decade.

I think it's wonderful that you had the opportunity. :)<3

I know me too. I helped my grandkids build one, but mostly my daughters helped them, and that was in 2002. Lol

Janetr OKC
  • Machka9
    Options
    As we're getting closer to the end of 2020, I'll ask this question ...

What are some of your highlights of 2020?
    Good things. Happy things. Accomplishments.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,850 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Janetr nice to see you post! I love your snowman!

Rita I'm trying to figure out who DMD is that got engaged. Great picture of your grandsons.

<3 Mary from Arizona/ Minnesota

DMD=Darling Middle Daughter
  • Machka9
    Options

Some of my highlights include:
    - finishing my degree
    - working from home for 4 months
    - Rhody
    - having my deviated septum surgery
    - distancing and the focus on cleanliness and hygiene
    - quiet holidays
    - fewer hassles and less stress for my husband
    - discovering ABC Classic FM
    - organised several successful cycling events

M in Oz
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options

Oh, boy. Scrapping the bottom of the barrel for good things here.

We did a trip to LA before Covid.
    The five of us are together and we are all still getting along.
    I found out that I will likely get a big promotion in mid 2021.
    Both older boys have full-time jobs, so the four working adults in the house managed to keep working during this crisis.
    I've lost 10 pounds of the 25 I gained after my sister died.
    None of us got Covid (yet). Hoping to hold out until we get a vaccine. Eldest son should be in line for January, since he is an EMT/first responder.

I can't think of a single other thing.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR