WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    DH's younger daughter was all packed, ready to fly out tomorrow to her sister's house in France. Haven't spoken to her, but I guess that is off. :s London is Tier 4.

I'm debating whether or not to have my hair trimmed on Tuesday. I have a wet cut, no shampoo and no blowdry - in and out in 15 minutes. ;) The government is saying that the new strain is much more infectious.

Update - DH in tears. :'( His daughter was crying so much she couldn't speak. Said she'd call back later. She will probably go and stay with her sister's ex husband (a real friend) for Christmas to make a bubble.

I don't think going to France is forbidden (but I'm not following closely). when they did lockdown 2 here people were still allowed to fly out. they were just uncertain about right to return weeks later.

I'm so sorry for the added restrictions. I am worried about the bolded. I had two faculty members leave the country a week ago -- one to Bangalore and the other to somewhere in Nigeria. They are planning to come back the very first of January. Here's hoping that our country still allows them to come back. They barely got out of the country, what with the testing requirements.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/new-sars-cov-2-variant-spreading-rapidly-in-uk-68292

This is an article about the spread of the mutation in GB.

Carol in GA
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    DH's younger daughter was all packed, ready to fly out tomorrow to her sister's house in France. Haven't spoken to her, but I guess that is off. :s London is Tier 4.

I'm debating whether or not to have my hair trimmed on Tuesday. I have a wet cut, no shampoo and no blowdry - in and out in 15 minutes. ;) The government is saying that the new strain is much more infectious.

Update - DH in tears. :'( His daughter was crying so much she couldn't speak. Said she'd call back later. She will probably go and stay with her sister's ex husband (a real friend) for Christmas to make a bubble.

I don't think going to France is forbidden (but I'm not following closely). when they did lockdown 2 here people were still allowed to fly out. they were just uncertain about right to return weeks later.

I'm so sorry for the added restrictions. I am worried about the bolded. I had two faculty members leave the country a week ago -- one to Bangalore and the other to somewhere in Nigeria. They are planning to come back the very first of January. Here's hoping that our country still allows them to come back. They barely got out of the country, what with the testing requirements.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

If they are US Citizens or permanent residents, they won't have trouble getting back to the US. My mister had to fly out at the height of the restrictions in May and had no trouble getting back.

Tina
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    I've been slow peddling on exercise bike for about 45 minutes. I'm not sure what that's worth... HR about 85-90 LOL
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    "Peach1948 wrote: »

Karen in VA

Love the photo of Olivia reading to Phoenix! How old is Olivia (I forget)? Reading is a gift...I had to have a tutor teach me to read in 2nd grade after everyone realized I had memorized the "Dick & Jane" books. I was a young 1st grader who had had no previous instruction at home and no pre-school/kindergarten.

Carol in GA

>>>

Carol

Olivia is 3.

Karen in Virginia

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »

If they are US Citizens or permanent residents, they won't have trouble getting back to the US. My mister had to fly out at the height of the restrictions in May and had no trouble getting back.

Tina

It's true that they can likely come back but there is conceivable quarantine or self-quarantine...upon return.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,209 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    No one is allowed to leave a Tier 4 area. You are allowed to see no one outside your household apart from one person outside for a walk. If you are alone you can form a bubble with another household.
    If she had gone today .........! it starts tomorrow. :o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    I am trying to get myself into some type of routine... i dont want to sleep to much though I know sleep heals...i have been getting up and walking around the house and do my PT.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,844 Member
    Options
    :|
  • charsuzy
    charsuzy Posts: 234 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I just wish that the disagree button was gone. It is pleasanter on a support forum to not indicate you disagree with someone's post and remain anonymous. It can be used as a weapon against one person or an opinion where people get to hide behind "disagreeing". I believe it's called cyber-bullying when one person gets so many disagree responses. We see it and ignore it - I don't think it is right. That's my opinion. The word cyber-bullying came to mind last night while I was in bed and I had to bring it up so that others might understand what's happening... no small deal when it happens often, is what I am thinking.

I think that if you disagree you can say why you disagree, what YOUR opinion, understanding and experience is and leave the other's alone who are expressing what their opinion, understanding and experience is. Don't read what they write if you don't like them. Cyber-bullies picking on one person is unacceptable. This is my main complaint. Let people find friendship here and reach out when they need support or are wanting information about how to do something diet and exercise related, and these kinds of issues. I just think standing up for being positive matters! What happens should impact feeling respected, safe and feeling welcomed, and more could be added here. Not feeling the same thing about how cyber-bullying effects someone does not make another person's feelings or thoughts about something wrong. It cannot be dismissed, in my personal opinion.

I left a group on MFP for a few of the comments the leader wrote me who was too much the leader to think about what she said and how she said it to myself - and one other person who wrote me privately about what the leader wrote to her. I was also accused of "rounding (up) my numbers" when I recorded my exercise. I found it hurtful. I was angry. It was not supportive or friendly. I spoke out about what I felt after I was treated that way and then quit. I came to MFP to find support in a community with similar issues and goals... not to be treated negatively. I think it should matter what people say here, and how they feel about the cyber-bullying, nasty comments or negative comments. I think it's important that we keep the conversation encouraging and positive - not negative. I feel I did the right thing in leaving that other MFP group - no one stood up to that leader of that group and they just took it - not good - but trying to go along with being treated disrespectfully in that case would have impacted my progress in getting healthy. It was a burr in my side and I hope others would understand. Hoping you are all enjoying this day!

charsuzy in WA state <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,917 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    :) I doubt that there are many things that we could talk about that wouldn't sound controversial to someone. There is a huge difference between clicking "disagree" and flagging the post so that MFP will take a look at it.

:) I just figured out how to look at the 26 times that someone has clicked "disagree" on my posts. I looked at the first few to see what I might have said, and one of them was a spiritual principle that has served me well and I shared it with someone who was unhappy about something. Fortunately, another of my favorite spiritual "happiness commandments" is "Don't take things personally", so I could ignore it and not be disturbed by it.

:) Allie, getting a routine with a balance of walking, PT, and rest sounds like a great plan.

:) Rebecca, I have found that having a structured nighttime routine helps me sleep better and puts me in a better space when I wake up because things are in order.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Sue: I would like to go to the stable, but I’ve been running too many errands and have been tired. I still need to get ahold of my friend at the stable and let her know why I haven’t been there. :star:

Machka: I like your 7 Types of Rest We all Need. Thank you! I copied it onto my computer. :flowerforyou:

Karen: What a beautiful photo of the two children! :bigsmile:

Allie: It is so good to see you posting!!!!! I’m happy to know you’re able to walk and do your PT routine. :heart:

Heather: I am sorry to hear about further restrictions in Great Britain. Let’s hope that this is only the dark before the dawn. So sorry that your DH’s daughter is upset. :ohwell:

I thought I understood our state’s CoVID Vaccine distribution plans, but I just read an article that has left me confused. I hope for clearer information as time goes along. DH & I both plan to be vaccinated when our doctor lets us know that vaccines are available for us. He will probably get his vaccination before I get mine. At this point, the time line is not clear.

I long for normal. I want to go to the gym, meet up with friends, and visit the stable, my friend, and Arrow. :grumble: I hope this will come true. :heart:

Katla in overcast NW Oregon
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    I truly believe Heather, that thru positive feedback, I can make most anything happen. When I was on Jenny Craig in 2009, one thing that helped me was that I walked everywhere, and I would say this mantra, " I am 145 lbs, and I move thru the world with a sense of willowy grace". Now I was no where near 145 lbs, and far from willowy, but my brain didn't know that. If you say it, then chemically your brain, tries to make it true. Your brain connects synapses, and tries it's best to make it so. So no I didn't get to 145, but I got to 189, which was 75 lbs gone by that point. I do think the food (that darn expensive food) helped, but my positive mindset helped too. Now its a nice thing to ponder, but I was a different person back then, and so trying to "be that lady, and think those thoughts, doesn't seem realistic for me. But reprogramming, heck I am all about keeping the positives to the frontal lobe of my brain. :-)
    <3 Rebecca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,545 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Other- dust vacuum, clean patio, wash, 2hrs eat= 600est
    Short walk- 39.51min, 3.44ap, 93ahr, 137mhr, 2.31mi= 220c
    Strava app = 280c

Total cal 820c
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip: Your medals are spectacular!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,545 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Pip: Your medals are spectacular!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Thanks! I like that they gave it a mask too. Gonna find some place to get a hole drilled in so I can put a ribbon on them so we can hang them. Kirby go one too
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    I got a medal in the mail

Congratulations!!