WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2020

Replies

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Lanette- it’s funny u you oh address the very reasons I no longer post here except to say hey occasionally.I’ve had the disagree button hit on my posts about life situations and been completely ignored on others.It’s ok.
    I really wanted to pop in and wish Everyone a blessed Christmas and happy new year.This one has been different and challenging in a couple of ways.My oldest daughter has been contemplating suicide and my youngest daughter has been diagnosed with cancer.I can’t be with our oldest in Colorado but can be beside our youngest.I know they will both fight.
    Debby in Va
    Debbie, I'm so sorry, about your daughters. Sending you hugs and kind thoughts.

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,055 Member
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Pip
    I can see Yogi is saying "Where's Mine?" :)

I was referring to your breakfast that Kirby prepared for you. I am sorry you are feeling depressed. Have a feeling that due to the isolation caused by the virus and losses you still mourn plus the season that is to be expected. thanks for sharing your feelings here.

Carol

Hahaha. He got a taste
  • bananasandoranges
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    I feel like my depression is coming back. I know it’s because Christmas is coming. I have improved so very much, but it goes to show depression and ones loss is an individual one, no matter how long it has been (25yrs).

I got yogi registered as an ESA (emotional support animal). Well deserving , he knows when I’m down. I try to explain my feelings to Kirby what I feel is no reflection on my love for him. Guys want to “fix it” but he can’t, I do tell him that I love him so much and sometimes my good life is overwhelming. I think it’s also coming back because of my being back here where a lot of my pain started. Being here in California, being around mom, etc..
    Hi PIP you had a major move of regions. I'm not sure what you left behind but... a home... a context...certainly some of that you must have loved. Even the best of transitions can be hard. I think of friends that were happy and in love, but how even those transitions were hard, because they were still leaving behind some parts of their old life they (even though they chose it), they were grieving. And this time of year, short days, holidays, and confinement-semi-confinement don't help....yes and returning to old place.... Sending caring thoughts your way.
  • bananasandoranges
    (((Allie)))

@SuziQ113 the drink stuff sent sounds and looks fun.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,202 Member
    edited December 2020
    Heather love that smiling through the heart! :heart:

(((Debbie)))

Allie sometimes it is 10 minutes at a time. Hang in there. Doing great!
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,650 Member
    Lanette- it’s funny u you oh address the very reasons I no longer post here except to say hey occasionally.I’ve had the disagree button hit on my posts about life situations and been completely ignored on others.It’s ok.
    I really wanted to pop in and wish Everyone a blessed Christmas and happy new year.This one has been different and challenging in a couple of ways.My oldest daughter has been contemplating suicide and my youngest daughter has been diagnosed with cancer.I can’t be with our oldest in Colorado but can be beside our youngest.I know they will both fight.
    Debby in Va

That is a lot to carry. I hope you are able to find some peace and support.

Take care.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,130 Member
    :) Home from my Sunday morning walk with my friend. Jake and I picked up groceries this morning from QFC. Only two minor substitutions. This afternoon I am going to submit my curbside pickup order to Walgeens. Haven't done that before so I am curious about how it will work

:)Pip congrats on the medal

:) I just started listening to Alex Trebeck's new book. The readers are Alex and Ken Jennings. I am a huge fan of both of them.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    We brought our Christmas Tree into the living room this morning. I just started decorating. The lights are up and running as they should but I haven’t started putting up ornaments yet. I’m taking a short break at this moment. <3
  • pipcd34
    Stat for the day-

Zwift bike trainer- 1hr 4min 16sec, 14.1amph, 138ahr, 163mhr, 1624elev, 15.05mi= 621c
    Strava app =510c
  • Katla49
    edited December 2020
    Ornaments are on the Christmas tree and the lights are working!!!! :heart: The tree that is inside is younger than the one in the photo. Both are Alberta Spruce trees. The inside tree is healthy and the one outside has bug troubles. I've been in touch with the County Extension Agent & he's given me some ideas about getting rid of the bugs on the outside tree. It looks fine where it is sitting until you notice the brown patches. :ohwell:
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,990 Member
    Oh they are adorable Heather!!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,443 Member
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    ejauxp6qchjg.png

Hugs to all.
    SuziQ – SFL

What is the bottle of simple sugar?

Simple sugar is used in cocktail making.

Tina

That would be why I'm unfamiliar with it! :)
  • Katla49
    Heather— Your grandchildren are delightful! o:)
  • pipcd34
    O