WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all...

Missed y'all more than you know as I worked through a couple things... none of which are worth mentioning, so I won't.

Julie, you've made it through a really tough year... while we have all had our struggles, I'm so glad you were able to find this group. You bring much to it.

Machka - my happy things of 2020:
    • Retiring two years earlier than I expected.
    • Writing again.
    • My daughter's help during a few really dark months brought us closer than I even knew was possible. I continue to marvel at how she's grown, and how strong she's become.
    • While the year has been a roller coaster, weight-wise, I'm leaving it 26 pounds lighter than I came into it, and 34 pounds lighter than my highest weight in March.
    Got to go - have to visit Wally-World early this morning to buy a small TV that I can hook up as a standalone for the new security camera system I installed this weekend. Electronics are often more trouble than they're worth, and this is, without doubt, the pickiest nitnoid electronical system I have ever worked with.

Do love y'all,
    Lisa in Arkansas

Thanks Lisa! Nice to hear from you again. I enjoy reading your posts.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Lisa, It is so great to hear from you again. You have weathered a lot this year and lived to tell about it.

:)Allie, picking up groceries, resting, and PT sound like exactly what you should be doing. You are wise to let someone else care for Alfie until you are more recovered.

:) I focus on gratitude every morning as part of my breakfast routine. I write a few things down in on a small calendar and reflect on the joy of my life. My needs have all been met, my health is good, I have a few people I speak to in person and many I see via Zoom, I have all of you to support and encourage me, and I have strong spiritual practices that help me travel this rocky road.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
    I've found that focus on gratitude is usually uplifting. You are always upbeat.

• bananasandoranges
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Good morning ladies, not much going on here today. I have been doing most of my exercise on a stationary bike. I ordered a new one from Amazon at the end of May and have put over 1,000 miles on it. It also has a heart monitor and all that, but the reason I chose it was because it also has resistance bands on a pulley system that I can do upper body workout while pedaling. My oldest daughter has decided she needs one :)

Lisa, dear lady, I think of you so often. When I first found our group in June 2015 it was your lively, always intriguing, posts when living in southwest TX that kept me coming back. I feel we've shared quite a life journey in that time.

2020 things I'm celebrating:

Husband and I are both healthy

My oldest daughter (CPA) that moved here from Denver almost a year ago, is doing well and all three of her children are here now also. She just received a $3,000 bonus before Christmas. She seems to be getting her life back together after her very painful divorce a year ago.

All of the kids and grands have been able to continue working through the pandemic, a true God-send.

Love you ladies,
    Janetr OKC

I am glad - so far - to have gotten the stationary bike but am missing upper body workout!
    I'm thinking of doing dumbbells while I'm pedalling at moderate pace sometimes.

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Worked today and work tomorrow

One thing I’m really proud of this year is that Jess is pursuing her dream and she hasn’t let Colby derail her. I was really afraid that he would be a (unintended) distraction, but that hasn’t proven to be the case. Yes, we saved money not only on needing to buy less gas since there were lots of places we couldn’t go to that we usually do. Another way we’re saving money is that since I couldn’t go to the hairdressers for months, I didn’t realize how much gray I had so now instead of having to buy coverup, I’m just letting my hair grow out to its natural color. Another thing I’m grateful for is that I started working at Food Lion. Got me to be with people. I tell a lot of people that I feel blessed in that I know I’ll do the best job I can and if it isn’t good enough…too bad. One gal who is evidently some sort of person who checks up on people was saying today that I’m the best cleaner she has. Is that so? I don’t know. But still…I’ll do the best job I can and if it isn’t good enough…the mortgage will still get paid and the food will still be bought. I’m also grateful that no one near me has gotten Covid and been very sick. I’m grateful that so far I haven’t contracted it (that I know of). I’m in pretty good health over all.

I asked them at Food Lion today if there was a way that I could get another mask since the one I have keeps falling down. I was told that they needed the masks they have for the new hires and they suggested that I sew the mask so that it doesn’t fall down. I hate having to wear a different mask, but I may have to. I know they want you to wear the FL mask, but as soon as I leave work I take the mask off and wash it. I can’t be doing laundry every other day. I know one guy who just couldn’t wear the mask so I may ask him if I can have his

Janetr – LOL, thanks for the smile

The gal who is the manager at FL had me go home early today. Seems one of the higher-ups told her to try to cut hours, and since we were slow she let me go home early. I guess she knows that if I go home early, it’s really not going to impact me. I feel bad for the people who are there to make a rent payment, etc

After work went to WalMart for a prescription for Vince, went to Dollar Tree and Dollar General. Neither store had any New Years items. I was thinking I’d take a hat or glasses or something like that to the Newcomer bowling tomorrow night, but I guess I won’t. Well, that’s a few dollars I saved (I’m trying to look on the bright side)

Lisa – good to hear from you

Allie – you do so much for everyone else, I’m glad they are paying you back

I’m feeling so much better getting back to decent eating.

Ken & Lynette will be here for NYE like they always are. I'm thinking of having a pork loin that I'll make in the IP, macaroni & cheese since I know Lynette likes that and Jess will eat leftovers, but what vege would they like? I know they like corn but, honestly, I'm getting sick of corn all the time. Maybe I'll ask Lynette if there's another vege that they'd like. I think I have some of the spinach/feta left over, we can have that too. And if I'm the only one who will eat it...I'm the only one who will eat it.

If Vince ever knew that I didn't wear the boot, he'd have a heart attack. He said last night "if I see that boot here, I'm driving down to FL and making you wear it". So I put it in the car. OK, like a 5-year-old, but this is going on a month now and I'm sick of it.

Off to Aldi since we need ground beef since Jess wants to make a shepherds pie. If she weren't here, I wouldn't bother. But I do want her to feel that she's contributing and since she's not working......

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Tracey: As I understand it, the Virgin River series of books will be, or are, available through Netflix. I am reading the newest book, have read all of the earlier books and own the set. The most recent book I bought says Netflix, a Netflix original series on the cover. I’ve never seen the Netflix program. :flowerforyou:

JanetR: I love the message on weight management. I haven’t actually taken the batteries out of my scale, but I haven’t set foot on it in a while. :embarassed:

Evie: The masks are beautiful! :heart:

Barbara: I love the idea of a hike. I haven’t done anything that positive in too long. :embarassed:

Machka: Congrats on your bike ride. 26.5 km is a significant achievement. :star:

Barbie: “I focus on gratitude every morning as part of my breakfast routine. I write a few things down in on a small calendar and reflect on the joy of my life. My needs have all been met, my health is good, I have a few people I speak to in person and many I see via Zoom, I have all of you to support and encourage me, and I have strong spiritual practices that help me travel this rocky road.” You have a clear and positive perspective. Thank you for your continuing leadership. :star:

Lisa: So good to see your post!!! :bigsmile:

Pip: Thinking of you. I hope you are well and enjoying life. :star:

Allie: I am happy that you are getting the support you need for your health situation. YAY! :heart:

I have not been as active as I’m used to. I need more exercise, and I have the means to do it in my own garage. I need to give myself a dose of Pip’s boot. :embarassed: I'll be out in the garage riding my tryke on it's trainer ASAP.

Katla in chilly NW Oregon
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I like the Christmas masks! :) They'll be good for next year too.
    M in Oz
    I'm kind of hoping we won't need them next year! But I won't be getting rid of them.....
    Lisa, good to hear from you, sorry that you have been going thru some "stuff". Good luck with the electronics. I have come to the conclusion that technology and I will never be friends....
    Rori, I also loved the photo of you and Mars. Mars reminds me so much of my "first" Ginger cat. (there have been two more "Gingers" since then, one mine, the other younger sons.) He was such a smart cat!
    Today was official wi day, I have been avoiding marking down the number, unfortunately for good reason..... I am up almost 5 pounds this month! I had already decided yesterday that the reins had to be drawn in, today's number just really solidified that thought! I did not bad yesterday, I did track, for the most part anyway, and the numbers weren't horrible. And I did get to the gym, which is where I must head now!
    Hope everyone has a great day!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    My mother is going to exercise with my father and me tonight. She got down on the floor yesterday and had a really rough time getting back up. My dad does exercises from the senior center, so that should work. I'm excited for her to join us, and just hoping she doesn't do too much.

Meanwhile I am waiting for a present that didn't arrive yet- a book I want to read called "The Shipping News." And I need to make that lamb stew!

Annie in Delaware
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all...

Missed y'all more than you know as I worked through a couple things... none of which are worth mentioning, so I won't.

:blush:

Catching up a little:

Rori, it was so good to see you and Mars. I think of you often.

Allie, I'm so glad you're home!

Julie, you've made it through a really tough year... while we have all had our struggles, I'm so glad you were able to find this group. You bring much to it.

Heather,
    you are, as always, a bright and shining light. I can only aspire to have your energy and drive when I reach your age.

Tracey - so glad you and your Roger have grown closer over this insane year for us all.

JanetR - So pleased to see you again, as well as your snowman! I miss you when you're absent.

Evie - Thanks for asking, love the masks and the cradle.

Rebecca - Love your spirit. Your posts always lift mine.

Kim - talking to you has been a bright light for me as well this month. I appreciate it every time you reach out.

There's just no way I can catch up with everyone, even though so many of you are so good at doing it. More power to those of you like SuziQ who do reach out to all... you're part of what holds us all together and keeps us coming back. Thank you.

:)

Machka - my happy things of 2020:
    • Retiring two years earlier than I expected.
    • Writing again.
    • My daughter's help during a few really dark months brought us closer than I even knew was possible. I continue to marvel at how she's grown, and how strong she's become.
    • While the year has been a roller coaster, weight-wise, I'm leaving it 26 pounds lighter than I came into it, and 34 pounds lighter than my highest weight in March.
    Got to go - have to visit Wally-World early this morning to buy a small TV that I can hook up as a standalone for the new security camera system I installed this weekend. Electronics are often more trouble than they're worth, and this is, without doubt, the pickiest nitnoid electronical system I have ever worked with.

Do love y'all,
    Lisa in Arkansas

awe, thats what friends do, I want ta lift you up, just not put ya on a pedestal though. :-) Now, if you were STING and came over for dinner from your Tuscany villa, well I would throw you up to the highest pedestal, and throw ya grapes. :-)
    Rebecca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 43min 50sec, 2.97ap, 83ahr, 114mhr, 5.37mi= 506c
    Strava app = 651c
    Zwift bike trainer- 38.20min, 142ahr, 166nhr, 125elev, 15.07mi= 415c
    Strava app = 388c

Total cal 921
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    33jhkfsn5ksz.jpeg

My My, what an intellectual looking dog Yogi is. <3 He has answers, we just don't speak dog!
    Rebecca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Tracey: As I understand it, the Virgin River series of books will be, or are, available through Netflix. I am reading the newest book, have read all of the earlier books and own the set. The most recent book I bought says Netflix, a Netflix original series on the cover. I’ve never seen the Netflix program. :flowerforyou:

JanetR: I love the message on weight management. I haven’t actually taken the batteries out of my scale, but I haven’t set foot on it in a while. :embarassed:

Evie: The masks are beautiful! :heart:

Barbara: I love the idea of a hike. I haven’t done anything that positive in too long. :embarassed:

Machka: Congrats on your bike ride. 26.5 km is a significant achievement. :star:

Barbie: “I focus on gratitude every morning as part of my breakfast routine. I write a few things down in on a small calendar and reflect on the joy of my life. My needs have all been met, my health is good, I have a few people I speak to in person and many I see via Zoom, I have all of you to support and encourage me, and I have strong spiritual practices that help me travel this rocky road.” You have a clear and positive perspective. Thank you for your continuing leadership. :star:

Lisa: So good to see your post!!! :bigsmile:

Pip: Thinking of you. I hope you are well and enjoying life. :star:

Allie: I am happy that you are getting the support you need for your health situation. YAY! :heart:

I have not been as active as I’m used to. I need more exercise, and I have the means to do it in my own garage. I need to give myself a dose of Pip’s boot. :embarassed: I'll be out in the garage riding my tryke on it's trainer ASAP.

Katla in chilly NW Oregon

Thanks, u r sweet, I surveyed Christmas ok. Down of course but I made it
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Kim: I am so happy that you posted. I have missed you. I’m sorry about the Christmas Tree falling. :flowerforyou:

Lisa: I have missed your wit and common sense. I hope we hear from you now and then. :heart:

Today I had my tires filled at Les Schwab tire Center and then bought sparking water at Safeway on my way home. I’ve had the good fortune of a nice text conversation with my Sister-in-Law on the eastern side of the state near the Malheur River. I am missing my horse friends. I’ve been staying home at DH’s request although I would love to visit the stable. :ohwell:

Katla in NW Oregon