WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I much prefer lowkey xmases overall, with 2 or 4 people I really want to be with, really present. In regular times I can usually meet up with a friend or two but it's just not an option this year. Glad to have met up with my friend on Wednesday for a drink though.

I'm probably physically tired from the 1h relatively fast cycling on stationary bike yesterday evening.

Stayed up way way too late watching series online last night. I totally lost a sense of time and it was already ridiculously late, so I knew I'd be out of rhythm today. Thought I'd at least go for a walk in morning or midday.

The pouring rain and wind is not helping in motivation. (The storm is named "Bella"). We are getting gusts in Paris up to 95kph. That's quite high for here, where cyclones are very very very rare. All parks are closed today.

Made a soup with the left over chicken bones and skin as stock, with a big onion and some carrots. I always love such soups.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    Options
    ☘️☘️
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sue in WA: Nessa the labradoodle is a cutie! I love seeing the snow. We haven’t had snow on the ground here for a long time. DH says it was 2017. :star:

Barbara: We rented Auntie Mame through Amazon Prime. It cost a whopping $3. We watched with our son’s family in Virginia and our daughter’s family in Illinois. We are in Oregon. It feels like magic to watch this favorite old movie together as a family. :heart:

Terri: Your skype gift opening is a great idea. :star:

Heather: I’m happy you were able to chat with your brother & his wife. :flowerforyou:

Allie: Congratulations on waking up in your own bed! :bigsmile: “There’s no place like home, there’s no place like home, there’s no place like home—” Dorothy in the Wizard of OZ :heart:

I have no plans for today, so far. Tomorrow I plan to go to the Les Schwab Tire store and get my tires looked at. I’m hopeful that there is nothing to worry about. The other item I need is a new windshield wiper for the back window of my car. DH has ordered it and it should arrive via Fed X or UPS.

Katla in the dark at 6:25 AM
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,594 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    wuln05y5xkht.png

Yep ... pretty much the same Christmas this year as many others we've had. :)
    Visiting family via Skype/Messenger.
    Quiet.
    Small dinner.
    No presents.
    Christmas carols on the stereo.
    Christmas lights.
    Restful.

M in Oz

I’m not anti social but our life still didn’t change much this year
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🧡🤎🤍💚💜❤️💙🖤
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,137 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Janetr nice to see you post! I love your snowman!

Rita I'm trying to figure out who DMD is that got engaged. Great picture of your grandsons.

<3 Mary from Arizona/ Minnesota
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    I was supposed to get a haircut tomorrow at 9 but broken tooth is worrying me. (I'll spare the details).
    my dentist retired and it's school vacation for another week, so it'll be hard to get most dentists.
    I found one on line who seems to have good reviews but only had 9 or 9:30 free tomorrow. I wrote to cancel my hair appointment. I know they likely won't get the message and will come in at 9 for no appointment. I feel bad about that but it is an emergency situation.

The hairdressers is on the way so I can always pop tell them live.

Maybe that contributes to my feeling extra tired today.

who knows?
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbara: Auntie Mame was shared between ourselves & our adult children in Illinois and Virginia—internet magic allowed us to all watch at the same time. Our son and daughter engineered this treat and I am grateful. Our son used his computer skills to make this all happen. :heart:

(((Flea))) Terri Richards is correct. Your mom is in the right place for now. I hope all goes well for your mom and your family. :flowerforyou:

SuziQ: Congratulations on all of your progress in 2020! May 2021 be even better for you and for all of us. :heart:

(((Debbie in VA)))

Allie: Congrats on waking up in your own bed and getting your PT done. YAYYY! :heart:

Rori: I am happy to see you when you are able to stop in here. Mars is an amazing cat. He’s the only kitty I know about that walks on a leash. :flowerforyou:

Tracey: I am delighted to see your post and very happy that you’ve had the first injection of the Phizer vaccine. We expect to get that vaccine, too, but not until sometime in January at the earliest. :flowerforyou:

Janetr OKC: I am so happy that you have stopped by. You look lovely. :star:

We have a bright, sunshiney day today. It lifts my mood.

Katla in Sunny NW Oregon
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,068 Member
    Options
    Heather love the PJ's!