S/O Threatens to Leave if You Lose / Don't Lose Weight...

Options
15678911»

Replies

• Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I was significantly smaller than my husband when I met him. I was just beginning my journey as a recovering meth addict.
    Fast forward 8 years and add about 100 lbs....
    My hubby has made some references to my weight in the past. My response: Do some push-ups and eat some wheaties or kick rocks.
    I'm losing weight at a healthy pace and if it isn't fast enough for you, I have no problem showing you the door.
    He has chosen to stay and be more respectful and celebrates my milestones with me.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    He's the man and the wife always obeys the husband. I would do what I'm told.

Wow. I pity you.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad that my husband's not a sexist, religious pig who'd tell me to lose weight or else or who would want me to 'obey' him. I rather enjoy being a valued human being on equal footing in my marriage.

If my husband told me to lose weight or we were over and he meant it, he'd also be expecting me to kick his butt out the door.

Religious pig huh?
    Yep. Women needing to be submissive and obey men comes from male dominated religions.

I'm curious as to what religions these might be so I can steer clear....

Right?
  • Azshlie
    Azshlie Posts: 1
    Options
    Wow.. that's a skewed way of looking at things. In my home, it's equal.
  • adlace
    adlace Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that. Got the t-shirt. Only now the t-shirt is getting too big. The neck hole is gonna be "show off the shoulder Flashdance style" pretty soon. He's gone and I'm still alive and well. The world did not end.

If that is happening to you OP, I'm sorry. What the SO doesn't realize is that threats don't help. All the threats make your heart a little harder each time you hear them and then it gets easier and easier to imagine your life without that person in it.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    He's the man and the wife always obeys the husband. I would do what I'm told.

Wow. I pity you.
    I pity anyone who is taking this thread seriously. It's bait and lot's of people swallowed it whole. I'm going to start my own one of these days. I have to admit that there is a talent in asking just the right question to light people's fuses.
  • stylistchicky
    stylistchicky Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    lose the weight and then find a hotter guy

Yep use him till the weight is off then bounce and, tell him to kick rocks.
  • legreene515
    legreene515 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    If it is a threat, and he is being an *kitten* about it, then I would leave him or tell him that is unacceptable to you. You can only do it for yourself.

If he genuinely cares about your health, and this is his plea to you to try to help you, then I would tell him that while you appreciate he wants you to be happy this is really something you need to be able to make the decision and do for yourself.

My hubby was a smoker for years, and I almost left him after he hurt himself and almost lost his leg because he wouldn't quit smoking (there were other factors too). He did end up quitting, but I nagged him for TWELVE years before he did it, and all it did was hurt our relationship. Some people laugh in the face of the nagger, while others will obey the nagger. Just depends on the person.

Do what's right for you.