S/O Threatens to Leave if You Lose / Don't Lose Weight...

Options

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I can't pick which one I like best...
    Tell him all the people you KIK'd a naked pic to said they would hit it....(the rest will take of itself)

or
    Dump him and have sex with his best friend.

Evil I am...

But really the SO should not in anyway be delivering ultimatiums this way...unless of course it's life or death.

My own husband has asked I not get "too skinny" and showed me what he meant (very very cut woman)...I will respect his wishes but only because I don't want to look like that either...
  • jenn26point2
    jenn26point2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Dump him and have sex with his best friend.

And I'd do this... :)
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Can't love someone who doesn't love themselves. Not that an ultimatum is the answer but when someone doesn't care about themselves they are 100,000 times less attractive in my opinion. Taking care of yourself via career and your health is loving yourself. Peeps need goals!
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I don't like shallow people, so if what I look like is the only reason you are here, see you. However, if my SO framed it as I am worried because you are so heavy and unhealthy, then well that is different.

FYI, I know someone who changed her eating, changed her attitude and got thin, well it ended her marriage because her husband wanted her to stop exercising and sit down and play video games while eating fried chicken. He said "you don't eat normal food" fried chicken and french fries. So the changes can have impact on relationships.
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    "Hasta la vista Babee!!!!"
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    did the weight come on after the relationship started?

if i buy a porsche and 2 years later i open my garage and it turned into an '87 geo, i'd be pissed.

I don't think that's what TrueRay meant by "Autobots roll out!"
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    He's the man and the wife always obeys the husband. I would do what I'm told.

She's right.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    What is with your topics today, OP? Is there something you're trying to tell us?
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    What would you do ?

It depends. If I was anorexic and wanted to keep losing weight and he was telling me to stop losing weight - or - if I was overweight and he was concerned for my health and wanted me to lose weight for health reasons (and not vanity), I would see him as being supportive. I would make sure that he didn't have strict restrictions and would still stand by me as long as I'm trying. Now, if he just didn't want me to lose weight for some silly reason such as him liking big girls, or wanting me to lose weight bc he doesn't like the way that I look, then I'd leave him.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

if i buy a porsche and 2 years later i open my garage and it turned into an '87 geo, i'd be pissed.

It is not my usual wont to disparage the opinions of others by casting personal aspersions, however this would indicate, sir, that you are a douche. Perhaps you would like to revise your opinion or risk being thought brutish by people of character. ... Just sayin'

lol perhaps it was a poor analogy, and the point brought up of personality, sense of humor, etc. are quite valid.

i guess what i was trying to say, in a not so brutish way, is that physical attraction is still key in a relationship. it's not everything, but it is important. if one person completely lets themself go so far as to become unattractive to the other and the relationship suffers (even to the point of ending), i really dont think this should be a huge surprise.
  • teamAmelia
    Options

She's right.

:noway:
  • teamAmelia
    Options
    3j8p.jpg

:laugh:
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options

This would make sense if you bought a car based on its personality, intelligence, sense of humor, emotional outlook, etc. If you do, then I'm not touching that issue with a ten-foot pole.
    strange-addiction-love-car.jpg
    auto.jpg
    lubit-mashinu.jpg
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm already losing weight, have lost a fair bit since our marriage, so I'd give him such a night of holy hell he'd think twice about sneezing in my presence for a while. We don't do ultimatums here. Thakfully, this is a strict hypothetical, 'cause he's not an *kitten* like that.

Divorce is probably out of the question. We've been together for 13 years. That isn't something I'd throw away on a passing remark.

But his *kitten* would be in couples therapy, he'd be talking to MY doc, who is pleased with my weight loss, and he'd be cleaning his diet up tout d'suite. He eats like ****, I try to make better choices, so if he wants to play hardball about health, well, guess who loses his deep-fried-fat fried everything and 4 cans of Mt Dew a day?

If he's just decided that it is time for him to upgrade to the new model Mercedes over the sedan that's gotten him so far, well, I'd have a sudden 190-lb weight loss and his bank account would incur a sudden weight loss as well.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Help them pack
    Don't let the door hit you in the *kitten* on your way out!!!!!
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Turn on bulking mode.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I lost weight then divorced him. True story.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

She's right.

:noway:

I'll pray for you.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Well, it depends. Are you very over/under weight and they have tried to be subtle several times? If so then maybe you should start listening to them. If not, you deserve better. Either seek counseling or leave. My bf doesn't say anything about my weight one way or another. He just tries to make sure I stay well fed because he doesn't like me when I'm hangry.
  • riblust
    riblust Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i guess what i was trying to say, in a not so brutish way, is that physical attraction is still key in a relationship. it's not everything, but it is important. if one person completely lets themself go so far as to become unattractive to the other and the relationship suffers (even to the point of ending), i really dont think this should be a huge surprise.

This.

Can't blame the guy if he fears losing the physical attraction that was potentially a major catalyst of the original relationship. It's all about finding attraction and common ground in a relationship. If your views on raising children changed drastically (particularly in an unhealthy way) a similar ultimatum could be just as valid.