30 pounds to lose challenge by March 2021

Options

Replies

• fitand50inSD
    fitand50inSD Posts: 166 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    JenT304 wrote: »
    25 lbs to go, I think. I'll weigh in tomorrow. I have dropped half and half from my coffee as of today and the black tastes terrible, but I will drink it because I need the caffeine. No doubt I will drink less of it which is good thing I suppose. Besides losing the weight, I am committed to going through paper work and I started shredding old checks and bank statements. I am on 1995 and 6. It is a trip, looking at these old checks and walking down memory lane. Checks to my kid's elementary school, Girl Scouts, stores that no longer exist, etc. I need to stop looking at each one or I will never finish.

@JenT304 I am not sure if this is an option where you live, but our garbage collector will drop off a bin for documents to be shredded. We call when it is ready and they send the shred truck out. We don't pay for the bin. They just charge by the weight of the documents shredded. They give you a certified document indicating they shredded it. Just a suggestion in case you want to get done faster.
  • fitand50inSD
    fitand50inSD Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    It's really good to see everyone trying hard! It is so motivating. I will step on the scale tomorrow with one eye open and one eye closed - scared to look.
    I am still doing IF. BUT I have polished off some cookies this week during my eating hours and those calories will add up.

However, no junk food after 7:00 all week, because I didn't buy any salty favorite snacks this week.

Happy New Year's Eve for some of you!

@RubyRed427 What IF schedule are you doing? I did it for about a month last March, but then Covid. I really would like to start up again because I enjoy cooking and would like to have a nice guilt free evening meal with my husband. Do you follow Gin Stephens and the Delay, Don't Deny group? I am going to see if I can get back to an 18:6 schedule. Just have to cut the Diet Coke (I don't drink coffee so the only other option is water for a clean fast.)
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    It's really good to see everyone trying hard! It is so motivating. I will step on the scale tomorrow with one eye open and one eye closed - scared to look.
    I am still doing IF. BUT I have polished off some cookies this week during my eating hours and those calories will add up.

However, no junk food after 7:00 all week, because I didn't buy any salty favorite snacks this week.

Happy New Year's Eve for some of you!

@RubyRed427 What IF schedule are you doing? I did it for about a month last March, but then Covid. I really would like to start up again because I enjoy cooking and would like to have a nice guilt free evening meal with my husband. Do you follow Gin Stephens and the Delay, Don't Deny group? I am going to see if I can get back to an 18:6 schedule. Just have to cut the Diet Coke (I don't drink coffee so the only other option is water for a clean fast.)

I am a beginner but I do 16:8. I will have to look up Gin Stephens- I have not heard of the group.

Coffee is a problem for me. I sometimes sneak a dollop of skim milk in my coffee which I am sure breaks the fast but I just can't cope with black coffee yet.
    I had tea a few mornings and it's not the same ... probably because I am missing the sugar from creamer.
    I am much better at IF than just counting calories - but both are effective.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    okie2729 wrote: »
    I am joining the challenge. Had a liver transplant Aug 6, 2020. Autoimmune diseases.... now fill great need to lose 30 more also a little more

Easy does it. Little by little we can do it.
    Happy you are on the mend.
  • RubyRed427
    edited January 2021
    Options
    25 lbs to go, I think. I'll weigh in tomorrow. I have dropped half and half from my coffee as of today and the black tastes terrible, but I will drink it because I need the caffeine. No doubt I will drink less of it which is good thing I suppose. Besides losing the weight, I am committed to going through paper work and I started shredding old checks and bank statements. I am on 1995 and 6. It is a trip, looking at these old checks and walking down memory lane. Checks to my kid's elementary school, Girl Scouts, stores that no longer exist, etc. I need to stop looking at each one or I will never finish.

A tip for you...I'm not a hot coffee drinker but I know people that use Premier Protein (vanilla or caramel) instead of cream!!! As for myself I like a shot of espresso with the caramel Premier Protein in a venti cup!!! My guilty pleasure but low calories, fat and sugar while high in protein! Enjoy!!!

This is a great tip!
    I see it's sold at Target and many other places.
  • shannonkelly08
    shannonkelly08 Posts: 134 Member
    Options

A tip for you...I'm not a hot coffee drinker but I know people that use Premier Protein (vanilla or caramel) instead of cream!!! As for myself I like a shot of espresso with the caramel Premier Protein in a venti cup!!! My guilty pleasure but low calories, fat and sugar while high in protein! Enjoy!!!

This is a great tip!
    I see it's sold at Target and many other places.

I'm from Canada and get mine at Costco!!! Bigger cases lol
  • jube152
    jube152 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow, December really put a dent in my progress! I was at 287 on December 1st, 282 on December 21st, 286 on December 27th, and ended at 283.3 on December 31st. But I'm back on track now I think, and ready to tackle this 30 pound challenge. I'll be weighing in on Fridays.

THIS CHALLENGE: lose 30 pounds from January thru March

Dec 31 : 283.3
    Jan 01 : 281.6 (-1.7)
    Jan 08 :
    Jan 15 :
    Jan 22 :
    Jan 29 :
    Feb 05 :
    Feb 12 :
    Feb 19 :
    Feb 26 :
    Mar 05 :
    Mar 12 :
    Mar 19 :
    Mar 26 :
    Mar 31 :

That's fantastic! Congratulations!
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    @shannonkelly08 Thank you for the tip and I will definitely try that! I love all the tips and encouragement here.
  • shannonkelly08
    shannonkelly08 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    jube152 wrote: »
    With December gone I have officially finished my first month of this weight loss journey. Starting the month at 177.5 I have officially lost 4.5 pounds and am down to 173. Even though I am still a pound away from my December goal, I am extremely happy with this loss. I already feel more energetic and my clothes are starting to fit again. Hopefully this continues in 2021!
    End of December goal – 172
    Dec 1 – 177.5
    Dec 7 – 176.2
    Dec 14 – 174
    Dec 21 – 174
    Dec 28 – 172.8
    Dec 31 – 173
    Distance from goal - +1
    End of January goal - 168

Great job!!!
  • SunnyDays930
    edited January 2021
    Options
    For some reason I cannot attach my snacks list and now it won't let me delete the comment. Sorry folks.
  • SunnyDays930
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I could not attach my list, sorry.